Pages:
Author

Topic: [Teaser!]Wasp Based Mining GB, Collecting Reservations For The Coming SWARM! - page 3. (Read 7074 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 502
I hope you can manage to get in contact with ASICMiner... some of the other chip options look a bit expensive to me.

Getting a hold of friedcat or ASICMiner is not so easy these days, unless you have a few million dollars you desperately want to hand over to them.  Wink
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
I hope you can manage to get in contact with ASICMiner... some of the other chip options look a bit expensive to me.
NOTE: I changed the title of this thread because some of the other members in The WPC were concerned that it may be confusing to some by seeming to be an official WPC post. I am a member of The Wasp Project Collective, but I do not speak for or represent the WPC in any official capacity. Just to be clear, this isn't a GB for Wasps per say, it is a GB for a mining farm and Hashing Exchange. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter if SWMC uses The Wasp and Hive format or some other type of custom miningware, the structure of the GB will be the same.

I have chosen The Wasp and Hive format for two main reasons: One, the flexibility of the WPC design allows SWMC to increase its hashing power no matter what chips are available and without having to make special accommodations for differing types of miningware. Two, because I am a member of the WPC and I want to support it to best of my ability.

What would be the ETA for having it up and hashing?

This can't be know for sure just yet, there are a few things that need to be worked out. The EEs are working hard to get the prototype finalized. There is also the matter of ordering the chips and waiting for those to be delivered. Once the Wasp PCBs are fabricated, chips delivered and the licensing is sorted out, the time frame between the assembly and hashing of the first batch of Wasps should be a matter of a day or two. Actually, the Wasps will be plugged in and hashing, one by one, within minutes after the solder cools. That's the power of using this model of GB, with an assembly line opperation, there no shipping delays for assembled units.

So if I send 1 btc today when does it hash?  

and what is my hash power.

I am trying to compare your offer to an s-1 antminer.

to follow up.  I have at least 1 btc even 2 btc but details would be helpful.  

For instance I can buy an antminer s-1 for  1400 on ebay with paypal /ebay protection.   that is about 7 usd a hash if I clock to 200. I would get it in a few days.

So paying 5.66 usd a hash to  is a better price only if it is pretty fast to ship.

With BTC being at $600, and if a Wasp is $1200, then 2 BTC would be 216 GH/s on turbo mode. So 1 BTC would be 120 GH/s (of course this is with 6 CoinCraft A1s on a single Wasp.) A single Wasp at $950 would make 1.58 BTC equal to the same 216 GH/s.

$5.66 a Gh/s is likely the maximum price, the cost will likely be lower and could be as low as $3.75 a GH/s. The price will also vary depending on the chip used. With the ASICminer chips, the price could be significantly lower. I wish I could tell you a definitive date, but we are waiting for the Wasp prototype to be finished and the design released with a working license. The Wasps will work with any chip, so even if we have to wait awhile, when the Wasps are finally ready, we will be able to put new miningware in action faster than most any other source.

The Wasps should be available soon, but it may still be 1 or more weeks before they are released. Wish I could tell you more. Undecided
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

to follow up.  I have at least 1 btc even 2 btc but details would be helpful.  

For instance I can buy an antminer s-1 for  1400 on ebay with paypal /ebay protection.   that is about 7 usd a hash if I clock to 200. I would get it in a few days.

So paying 5.66 usd a hash to  is a better price only if it is pretty fast to ship.
Activity: 355
Merit: 276

Activity: 195
What would be the ETA for having it up and hashing?
Hello everyone,

Here is an update.  Smiley

In order to bootstrap the SWMC Hashing Exchange, I am considering offering 120 Contracts for 1 fully populated CoinCraft A1 Wasp @$10 each contract. The Contracts will be exclusively for the SWMC Hashing Exchange. A single Wasp hash rate will be 120 GH/s (on Low Power), 150 GH/s (in Nominal Power) and 240 GH/s (with Turbo Power) with a ± 20% variance per chip. Each contract will be for 1.85 GH/s since not all chips will operate at top performance, That makes the Maximum price $5.56 per GH/s. The range for the estimated cost of a whole Wasp is estimated between $1200-950 per Wasp. For the contracts on the Wasps themselves, if the final price turns out to be less than $1200, then anyone who purchased a Contract will have the GH/s increased accordingly. The owner will be able to keep or sell their GH/s on the Hashing Exchange and there will be no hosting fee. There will be a small trading fee if you trade your hashes and a fee to cover the costs of operation (i.e. Electricity, Maintanace, etc...) Here is the link to the Estimated Costs for the Wasps. The prices vary because of a volume discount on the purchase of the CoinCraft A1 Chips.

Estimated Cost of Wasp
hi james railzand here, your favourite thorn in the proverbial.

the above is really shaping up well and in principle I'm in for a btc or two.

in practise i'm a nervous nellie when sending dosh. i need to understand more

i'd frankly like to see a business plan, a statement of accounts and idk what else yet.

i'm sure all that's coming soon, perhaps you've said so already.

but when i see your great paragraphs of wisdom, i'm daunted and i wish you'd use bullet points or something /rant

edit: one more ranty thing, i'd prefer every last thing from your upcoming website to be available here too so that all on this forum can input their wisdom

Thanks again railzand for your contribution, I am learning a lot from your questions. Sorry for the 'long winded' explo's, its just my nature, but I'll work on it.  Undecided

I do have a website in the works, there is a lot of work yet to be done, but it is in process as we speak. It will contain most of the information that you asked for. I'll start a project page in the project development subcategory so everyone can voice their opinions and make suggestions to make it the best site that we can.

Thanks!
James
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Lux e tenebris
hi james railzand here, your favourite thorn in the proverbial.

the above is really shaping up well and in principle I'm in for a btc or two.

in practise i'm a nervous nellie when sending dosh. i need to understand more

i'd frankly like to see a business plan, a statement of accounts and idk what else yet.

i'm sure all that's coming soon, perhaps you've said so already.

but when i see your great paragraphs of wisdom, i'm daunted and i wish you'd use bullet points or something /rant

edit: one more ranty thing, i'd prefer every last thing from your upcoming website to be available here too so that all on this forum can input their wisdom
Quote from: cannachris
Very forward-looking project. I like! Do you have an estimation on the power draw for the a1 wasp & minion wasp?

Good luck with your operation and definately interested!!

Thanks for the support and I'll find that info out if I can, but we are still in the prototype stage of development.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Activity: 406
cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com
Very forward-looking project. I like! Do you have an estimation on the power draw for the a1 wasp & minion wasp?

Good luck with your operation and definately interested!!
Are you selling populated or unpopulated boards?

What's the min # of chips requred to populate the board?

Primarily, we will offer populated Wasps, but offering empty boards are always possible.

The number of chips per Wasp depends on the chip being used. For Example:

A1 Wasp. (LIVE)
  • Bitmine A1 Chips Available December
  • 240 Gh/s Overclocked (6 chips); more likely, with untested chips, 200 GH/s per board
  • Nominal total 2000 Gh/s, or almost 2 full backplanes (assuming that all chips are fully working AND overclockable to 40GH - not really likely, but our software can get the most possible out of them).
  • Nominal likely total hashing from 50 chips (and this is all that Bitmine guarantees) is 48 x 25 = 1.2 TH on 12 boards
  • Best case: 0.0180625 BTC Gh/s, or about $3 USD GH/s
  • Likely case: 0.0301 BTC/GH/s, or about $5 USD GH/s

Minion Wasp. (LIVE)
  • Black Arrow Minion Chips Available February
  • 520 Gh/s Standard (4 chips)
  • Total 2080 Gh/s
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Very cool.
I look forward to the rollout.
Are you getting closer on a pricing structure?
Activity: 1582
OK, sounds very interesting.

I will be following this thread for news.

So what are we buying exactly?

Hello S4VV4S,

SWMC will be offering hosted Hashing Power that is built on the Wasp and Hive platform. This should provide the GB'er with a faster turn around on their investment. You won't have to wait for several months for your investment to start hashing for you. And no guessing on when the hardware will be delivered because the Wasps are designed to be built using any chip, we will be able to mine Bitcoin as well as other altcoins including Litecoin, Protoshares, Bitbar or any one of them you can imagine. We will know exactly how many chips we can get and approximately when they should arrive. Our goal is the speedy implementation of available miningware. This is a no-preorder service, your purchase funds are put to work building a Wasp as soon as there are enough funds to pay for the components. And, SWMC will not sell a Contract for Hashing Power if the time frame for delivery doesn't have a reasonable amount of assurance.

The cost to build one Wasp is not nearly as much as buying a whole unit from most of the companies out there. The result, fewer GB'ers have to purchase a contract in order for SWMC to acquire the miningware and you don't have to wait as long. SWMC will also serve as a retail provider of the miningware, so, if you have a group of people that want to purchase and receive the physical miningware, you'll have that option. If you bought hosted miningware (and you own the entire Wasp or pay for it over time) and you want to have physical possession of YOUR miningware, SWMC will ship it to you!

Have your own chips? SWMC will be providing a fabrication/assembly/hosting service as well. Want to sell your own hardware? Use SWMCs fabrication/assembly service and will also warehouse and dropship your branded product orders for you.

You will also have the option to sell your Hashes on SWMCs own Hashing Exchange when it is ready (a similar process as with CEX, but with needed improvements.)

There is one additional option that SWMC is offering, in order for our service to function properly, we need to have chips on hand, or at least paid for and being shipped, at all times. That will take some serious upfront cash if we want to get the lowest price possible, so SWMC will serve as a chip distribution center. To accomplish this, SWMC will serve as an organizer of Raw Chip Buy Co-ops. This is a great opportunity to make some extra profits for anyone who wants to contribute. For Chip Buys, a GB'ers funds will be used to purchase the chips needed in higher volumes, so we can get the lowest prices possible. Once the chips are in hand, SWMC will mount them to a Wasp PCB, then either use them to fill GB orders, sell them retail or use them to add to the Hashing Exchanges pool. If a GB'er invests in a Chip Buy Co-op, they will receive a profit on the resale of the chips once they are mounted to a Wasp PCB and sold. Or, the GB'er will have the option to sell the Hashes that their chips provide on the SWMCs Hashing Exchange. If a GB'er wants to sell their hashes on the exchange, they'll only have to pay SWMC for their portion of the fabrication/assembly fee. Think of this offer as being a way to get in on the retail side of the crypto-coin mining industry. Instead of buying miningware to mine with, you will be on the side of selling miningware. If you really want to mine, then diversify as a hedge against Bitcoins volatility by using your profits from a Chip Buy Co-op to leverage your own funds into more Hashing Power than you can now afford.

SWMC will also coordinate with other chip buyers so that we can pool funding together to buy higher volumes, saving money for us all. SWMC will not charge a markup fee for Chip Buy Co-ops, just a shipping and handling fee. So if you are wanting to purchase Raw Chips for your own company's production, join SWMC in a Raw Chip Buy Co-op and reduce your chip cost as much as 25% or more. It shouldn't just be the big mining farms and manufactures who benefit from large volume purchases, let us work together for the benefit of all.

Activity: 1582
So what are we buying exactly?
Activity: 361
Are you selling populated or unpopulated boards?

What's the min # of chips requred to populate the board?
Good luck!
I hope you do well!
Hopefully we will see some of that power over on our pool Cheesy

We have to get the chips first, but I'm all for supporting the WPC mining pool.
Activity: 126
Good luck!
I hope you do well!
Hopefully we will see some of that power over on our pool Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: