Pages:
Author

Topic: Technical indicators vs the News - page 4. (Read 577 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1596
hmph..
April 25, 2023, 06:29:51 AM
Usually the news is played out before it becomes widespread. As the saying goes, buy on rumor, sell on news. That is why you should not trust indicators at all. They show people's reaction to news, which have already been played out. It is necessary to look for hidden factors and signs, rather than focusing on what everyone sees.

For me, indicators can still be used as a reference. I know, the effect of news will change price movements more quickly, because news will create FUD and FOMO immediately after the news is released. however, when price movements are stable, there is minimal news, the indicator can be a good reference for entry and exit. Because, when the indicator shows an increase or down, at that time the media will start making news about the price and than FUD or FOMO occurs.

Then, we never know when we will get news, or when we read the news, we will be too late for entry/exit, so the most appropriate thing is to combine these two analysis methods according to market conditions if possible. Of course, this depends on how traders carry out their trading activities. I would not say you must doing this, it will depending on the habits and decisions of each.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1094
Assalamu Alekum
April 25, 2023, 03:55:39 AM
Both are better and are important. But a trader should pay more attention to the news than technical indicators. It should be in the ratio of 70 - 30. The news is important because it will avail you information of the latest sentiments in the market and how they positively or negatively impact the worth of Bitcoin. It acts as a future predictor and therefore more attention should be given to it.
I disagree with you.

News is like tip of iceberg but it is not the real reason. Real reason is because of technical indicators show that the market must have a big change so news is released to direct the market to what it should move. Do you see like after a market has its big movements, hours later you will see some articles on Coindesk, Cointelegraph and other sites to make it like there are reasons for the latest big movement. It is to make people think that the market is actually moving naturally. In fact it moves by manipulation from Market makers.

Agreed, sometimes the news is released just to legitimize market manipulation by market makers to make people believe that the market is reacting to the news and not being manipulated. But it also depends on the case and the type of news, such as news about the war between Russia and Ukraine, it is not a pre-arranged thing but a surprise. To monitor the market, we need a combination of many factors, none of which are more important than the other, all of which are essential to us.
Activity: 518
Merit: 547
April 25, 2023, 03:11:29 AM
I have not been in the crypto space for not too long but I have concluded that the news is more influential in the trend of the market than the technical indicators, guys what do you think?
Do not rely on the Technical indicators. They just predict the market as we all do. I am not an expert, but experts never say they are experts. I don't know if you are talking about any specific indicators or signal websites. All indicators and signals are scams. Suppose they can predict the market, why do they have to sell their signals to make money? If they can predict the price, they can invest all in and make millions every day. The truth is all of them are scams.

Now, if you talk about news effects on the crypto market. Well, it happens. If Elon Musk tweets that he is going to buy Doge coins, people will start buying Dogecoin and traders will take profit from there. Those market pumps are temporary. Sometimes bad news like banning Bitcoin or mining effects the market as well. If you check the history, it happened multiple times.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
April 25, 2023, 02:27:49 AM
Basically the news is a hit or miss. Some news does affect the way bitcoin trades such as a bad CPI, or surprise fed rate or a big miss on the employment numbers. The issue with the news is that you normally see it late and by the time you react the move will already happen.

And many times the complete opposite can happen. This is happening now with employment numbers. Normally when employment is good, then stocks and crypto go up however lately it has been the opposite except for the last employment numbers. So its basically just like guessing and you should avoid trading any news events, especially on lower timeframes.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 252
April 25, 2023, 01:09:50 AM
Usually the news is played out before it becomes widespread. As the saying goes, buy on rumor, sell on news. That is why you should not trust indicators at all. They show people's reaction to news, which have already been played out. It is necessary to look for hidden factors and signs, rather than focusing on what everyone sees.
It's true that we shouldn't get hung up on just one thing and it's better to do in-depth analysis and research,
don't let our focus only be on indicators,
the important thing is to keep learning what to do to make the right decision.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
April 24, 2023, 11:41:53 PM
Both are better and are important. But a trader should pay more attention to the news than technical indicators. It should be in the ratio of 70 - 30. The news is important because it will avail you information of the latest sentiments in the market and how they positively or negatively impact the worth of Bitcoin. It acts as a future predictor and therefore more attention should be given to it.
I disagree with you.

News is like tip of iceberg but it is not the real reason. Real reason is because of technical indicators show that the market must have a big change so news is released to direct the market to what it should move. Do you see like after a market has its big movements, hours later you will see some articles on Coindesk, Cointelegraph and other sites to make it like there are reasons for the latest big movement. It is to make people think that the market is actually moving naturally. In fact it moves by manipulation from Market makers.
This must be the reason why technical indicators/analysis is more popular in the trading scene than the news or fundamental analysis but outside the trading area, there are still news which can affect the coins value. Traders can use that to go out or go in before or after the news have occurred. Having some ratio for news is I think won't hurt.

I still believe that the market for bigger coins are moving naturally but manipulations happen for the smaller and newer coins only. People already know this but they are not scared of it. They are too brave to ride it because they know that they can benefit with it as long as the trade is done well.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1159
April 24, 2023, 07:43:55 PM
Activity: 1232
Merit: 475
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 24, 2023, 04:57:10 PM
I have not been in the crypto space for not too long but I have come to the conclusion that the news is more influential in the trend of the market than the technical indicators, guys what do you think?
Bro, i just don't know why you guys make threads for such small things here, like this looks more like spam idk but you just asking about fundamental analysis because in technical analysis you learn charts and in Fundamental you observe news and the overall market. That's the main difference between it and both are necessary ones.

And you are totally right they both are necessary. And talking about the influential level of each, i think the fundamental analysis is more crucial to learn because charts are not that difficult you can learn to read charts and algorithms in a few months and they are predictable and understandable but the news cycle which is manipulated by media, big investors, banks, organizations, and governments, is so manipulated. And predicting that is so difficult and the impact of fundamental analysis is too much.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
April 24, 2023, 03:55:07 PM
Analysing the trend of the crypto market can be very complicated, base on the fact that their are two major deciding factor in price analysis when trading, which are the technical indicators an news about a project.
  I have not been in the crypto space for not too long but I have come to the conclusion that the news is more influential in the trend of the market than the technical indicators, guys what do you think?
Complicated indeed on which there's no way on knowing on what would be the next market movement or result on which there's no way that we could be able to determine.
No matter how well your technical indicator would be then it wont really be giving out that 100% precision thats why we should really be needing to
be that versatile and really that knows on how to make and follow some plan B's.

That's because technical indicators doesn't necessarily cause price increases/drops like how news does; technical indicators can just give you a very small advantageous  bump in odds on what could likely happen more based on past performance.
Its better rather than on having nothing at all because we know that even TA's arent that precise but doesnt mean that they are irrelevant.This is so much
better than having nothing at all because if you do make out some trading or investment decisions without having any basis then you are just simply
doing gambling.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
April 24, 2023, 03:40:32 PM
The news analysis is nothing but part of factual analysis and also shortly referred as FA. You will see many traders using the terms TA and FA altogether on various instances. Well, news alone do not constitute the FA. There are many other factors which include teams involved in it, roadmap for the future, current status and updates in relation with that roadmap and much more. It does not always affect the technical judgment. The FA could impact the prices far later in the time and meanwhile you could see your TA working just fine on the given charts and time.

This is good question though since it makes us understand which one to consider in the first place. Whether it’s TA or FA. Sometimes it could be both of them.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 24, 2023, 03:31:35 PM
Both have their importance in their domain as the news can directly manipulate the market in a short time but after that specific news hype the market is going to take the usual approach on the other hand, the technical indicators work every time frame but particularly in the large frame this indicator works more efficiently. Technical indicators are based on the historical data and behavior of the market + the investor's sentiments and approaches.

A long-term investment is always made after the technical indicators and data analysis nobody invests money on the basis of the news hype but people do invest money for short time to book profit in a short time.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 24, 2023, 02:02:54 PM
Analysing the trend of the crypto market can be very complicated, base on the fact that their are two major deciding factor in price analysis when trading, which are the technical indicators an news about a project.
There's balance on this market if it's about indicators. Both indicators can be helpful, TA and the FA.

Whichever you think that's helping you more to win with your trades, recognize it. Many traders are for the TA and that's seem to be helpful for them and there goes the people like you that are into the news or FA.

It's better to learn both of it so that you combine the strategies that you've got and that will make your trading not that easier but I guess more familiar. And that is because you've got several references that you can think of with your trades.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 268
April 24, 2023, 01:36:27 PM
Most of the time the news is under the control of the government, so FUDs about cryptocurrency usually come from news platforms. Because the influence is strong of course it somehow pulls the movement of the market here in cryptocurrency.

But that does not mean that it will fall forever, it seems that there is an effect on this industry at least what they are reporting.
But there are also other news that provide good updates for the crypto community to be honest.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
April 24, 2023, 12:26:06 PM
News leads to movement in the market that changes the technical indicators. You can grossly say that news is the cause and the market movement is the effect which can be quantified by the technical indicators. But to be honest, you cant always rely on technical to start a trade, if you see a bullish trend setting in buy and hold before the indicators show the same, this comes from practice.

But there will be news that might never move the market, usually it is the case with the positive news while negative news grossly bring down the market.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
April 24, 2023, 12:17:09 PM
Both fundamentals and technical analysis is helpful in predicting where would the price go. Both are useful but fundamentals can easily crush or help the technical analysis. There are instances that fundamentals aligns with the technical analysis. There are times that patters need a heavy push for it to materialize and sometimes FUDS or good news helps it. There are also instances that a big fud or fomo can affect the long awaited pattern by disrupting it with a heavy buying and selling pressure because of the news. I believe that both will be helpful to you depending on how you use it and how you see both type of analysis.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
April 24, 2023, 10:34:23 AM
Indicators are lagging, meaning they are just predicting how the market behaves; it doesn't mean that the RSI is overbought; the market will then change its direction as the indicators tell it. News always has a big impact on the market, which is why you should always see the news before taking a trade because it is difficult to go against it, and mostly that is the time that those people who are not putting stop losses are losing their money.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
April 24, 2023, 10:32:32 AM
I will agree that news is considered more important for cryptocurrency investment or trading.
Are you sure of that? I never saw a news which set a long term trend for bitcoin. Its just short term price swing on CPI and fomc meeting dates and the prices again start to follow their own path on the later day, regardless of the news.

Cryptocurrency doesn't obey the rules or technicalities of technical analysis.
If you think so, it means you haven't mastered the technicals yet. They do work, trust me.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 518
April 24, 2023, 09:51:57 AM
And I am going to agree with that because people are too emotional when hearing the news and they interact with the market base on what they have read or heard in news. When compared to technical indicators, people are too skeptical of this and they are not even worried about what it showed there. Pretty too different in how they respond to the news. That is why traders are not just active in the market movements but also are following the current news especially when some influential person talks about the future of crypto.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 545
April 23, 2023, 04:13:37 PM
As a crypto enthusiast who's seen it all, let me tell you, deciphering this market's capricious dance isn't child's play. Technical indicators and news can be your trusty sidekicks, but there's no failsafe in this high-stakes realm.

That said, I'm inclined to concur that news can pack a heftier punch than those pesky technical indicators. Sometimes, a single headline can spark a seismic shift in sentiment, igniting a flurry of buy or sell orders.

However, let's not forget that news can be as erratic as a squirrel on espresso. Traders who lean solely on the news may find themselves blindsided by market mood swings or unforeseen plot twists.

Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 23, 2023, 03:03:30 PM

Even today when there is news about Markets in Crypto-Assets (MICA) in EU, the price plunges still.
There's no news you can rely on to bring the price up. The news coming from the developers, won't bring much influence on investors either.

People give more attention to the negative news on crypto but the TAs can spot a trend that is coming which is very much reliable information for investors.
Pages:
Jump to: