Pages:
Author

Topic: Technological Wizards of the Banking Industry - page 2. (Read 2976 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
People using coinbases swift card? surely one does not go to internet to lie? Oh god, it's a pozi scheme. So is the federal note, so what?

A pyramid scheme, to be more exact. Observe:
A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products or services. As recruiting multiplies, recruiting becomes quickly impossible, and most members are unable to profit; as such, pyramid schemes are unsustainable and often illegal.--wikip.

Where does Bitcoin's value come from? From other people paying you for it.

Can Bitcoin's value go up if more people weren't recruited? Well, only so much BTC you can sell to each other, before you run out of fiat money, amirite?
It's a payment network. What if we'd do something in Africa. We'd need more adoption in Africa. Do the bitcoin businesses give out free bitcoins to people seeking to promote bitcoin there? Obviously someone with a plan. You MLP fans are one of a kind.

No one is giving out any (meaningful sums of) Bitcoins in Africa. The last thing I heard was some BitPesa 3dpd lady taking Safaricom to Kenyan High Court because "BAWW, payment processors don't want to play with us."
...and LOSING!!
Cheesy

Everyone wants to *make money* on 3rd-world countries. These are not nice people. Bitcoiners are banksters too, only worse. Because vulgar, hungry, uncouth nouveau riche Sad
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
People using coinbases swift card? surely one does not go to internet to lie? Oh god, it's a pozi scheme. So is the federal note, so what?

A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products or services. As recruiting multiplies, recruiting becomes quickly impossible, and most members are unable to profit; as such, pyramid schemes are unsustainable and often illegal.--wikip.

Can Bitcoin's value go up if more people weren't recruited? Well, only so much BTC you can sell to each other, before you run out of fiat money, amirite?
It's a payment network. What if we'd do something in Africa. We'd need more adoption in Africa. Do the bitcoin businesses give out free bitcoins to people seeking to promote bitcoin there? Obviously someone with a plan. You MLP fans are one of a kind.

And remember, more bitcoins are constantly "printed out of thin air." 25 BTC every 10 minutes. Somebody has to buy that Sad

Re. "federal note" (assuming you mean money): Major difference being that there was a country, with wealth & economy. Then started printing money.
Bitcoin: no country, no wealth, no economy, no army -- just started printing money Cheesy
We have a small virtual economy going for us.

"A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products or services. As recruiting multiplies, recruiting becomes quickly impossible, and most members are unable to profit; as such, pyramid schemes are unsustainable and often illegal."--wikip.

And remember, more bitcoins are constantly "printed out of thin air." 25 BTC every 10 minutes. Somebody has to buy that Sad

Re. "federal note" (assuming you mean money): Major difference being that there was a country, with wealth & economy. Then started printing money.
Bitcoin: no country, no wealth, no economy, no army -- just started printing money Cheesy
In XEM we trust
^^This is getting cruel, I'm sorry. Sure, there are some bulls.
Because Mad Cow Disease!
Know anything about that? Not even a virus,some sort of creepy protein that doesn't fold right and turns bovine brains into mush, with holes in it and shit. Amazingly contagious, boiling won't kill it, because it ain't alive in the first place Shocked
Horrifying.
Explains all the irrational optimisms tho...
I should buy some etherium.

You buy my bitcoin now, yes?

regardless, supply and demand is real.

Read bottom line Cheesy
In XEM we trust
Because Mad Cow Disease!
Know anything about that? Not even a virus,some sort of creepy protein that doesn't fold right and turns bovine brains into mush, with holes in it and shit. Amazingly contagious, boiling won't kill it, because it ain't alive in the first place Shocked
Horrifying.

Re. Etherium: It seems so frickin' complicated...

You're a friggin wizard. Why does one not truly get bitcoin?
In XEM we trust
Because Mad Cow Disease!
Horrifying.

regardless, supply and demand is real.
Because Mad Cow Disease!
Horrifying.

Re. Etherium: It seems so frickin' complicated...

In XEM we trust
Because Mad Cow Disease!
Horrifying.
I should buy some ethereum.
Because Mad Cow Disease!
Horrifying.
In XEM we trust
Volumes are mostly fake. But there are some bulls.
You mean like GOX? Cheesy
You've got to be really naive to hold your coins on shady exchanges like cryptsy after you lost your coins at gox. the accusations and PSAs about getting your coins out of cryptsy started a year before it collapsed. We knew that they were insolvent way before they admitted it. It's your problem if you've been living under a rock this whole time. You get your internet from the banks? Because it looks like they aren't the only ones whose internet doesn't work over the weekends and at nights.

One thing I like about fiat is not having to stay up to date re. which bank is shady & is likely to KTHXBI! with my $$$$$, worrying about some h4x0r0r haxxxing my account (FDIC baby!), fat-fingering an extra digit when paying for my angora socks, my money being worth half as much (or B&, lol) a month from now. See the appeal?
After being my own bank, I realized that it's as appealing to me as being my own garbage man & my own lumber. Which is to say meh.
I feel sorry for your loss of coins. Wanna talk about it? You seem bitter.
*plumber
Nah, averaged in the $6xx when all said & done, 'ts all good Smiley
You jumping back in again any time soon or you like paper, *cough* digital banknotes? The debt crisis is way bigger than the scaling bitcoin one, I'll tell you that.

Right, when BTC hit $1200, I was told fiat implosion imminent, BTC to $30,000 by Jan 1214.

No regrets Cheesy
So spreading FUD within a community that has no brakes. I hope you'll hit harder than the guys at R3, cause they sure as hell killed bitcoin this time haha. Maybe we should all dump our coins to save the current stock market. I'll guarantee this'll work guys, we just need a small kick to get the economy up and rolling again.

Lol, you understand that Bitcoin "market cap" is probably ~ what an average Fortune 500 co. spends on hookers and blow for teh C-Suite company picnics, right?
Bitcoin bail out the market Cheesy add another one to "Its like a well oiled machine within crypto" Cheesy too much! Cheesy
We'll start with Africa.

You got a pretty good head start in Chian, no?

In XEM we trust
You've got to be really naive to hold your coins on shady exchanges like cryptsy after you lost your coins at gox. the accusations and PSAs about getting your coins out of cryptsy started a year before it collapsed. We knew that they were insolvent way before they admitted it. It's your problem if you've been living under a rock this whole time. You get your internet from the banks? Because it looks like they aren't the only ones whose internet doesn't work over the weekends and at nights.

One thing I like about fiat is not having to stay up to date re. which bank is shady & is likely to KTHXBI! with my $$$$$, worrying about some h4x0r0r haxxxing my account (FDIC baby!), fat-fingering an extra digit when paying for my angora socks, my money being worth half as much (or B&, lol) a month from now. See the appeal?
After being my own bank, I realized that it's as appealing to me as being my own garbage man & my own lumber. Which is to say meh.
*plumber
You jumping back in again any time soon or you like paper, *cough* digital banknotes? The debt crisis is way bigger than the scaling bitcoin one, I'll tell you that.

Right, when BTC hit $1200, I was told fiat implosion imminent, BTC to $30,000 by Jan 1214.

No regrets Cheesy
So spreading FUD within a community that has no brakes. I hope you'll hit harder than the guys at R3, cause they sure as hell killed bitcoin this time haha. Maybe we should all dump our coins to save the current stock market. I'll guarantee this'll work guys, we just need a small kick to get the economy up and rolling again.

Lol, you understand that Bitcoin "market cap" is probably ~ what an average Fortune 500 co. spends on hookers and blow for teh C-Suite company picnics, right?
Bitcoin bail out the market Cheesy add another one to "Its like a well oiled machine within crypto" Cheesy too much! Cheesy
We'll start with Africa.

*plumber

No regrets Cheesy

In XEM we trust

*plumber

No regrets Cheesy

*plumber

Right, when BTC hit $1200, was told fiat implosion imminent, BTC to $30,000 by Jan 1214.

No regrets Cheesy
P.S. advice 4 U:

In XEM we trust

*plumber

*plumber
In XEM we trust

>You get your internet from the banks?
You clearly get your drugs from Alphabay. Stop & shop locally, shit ain't agreeing with you.
Edit: but still crack up each time I think about "well-oiled machine" Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: