Pages:
Author

Topic: Teen in Pennsylvania sentenced to two years for deep-throating Jesus - page 6. (Read 6386 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504
He's 14, a teenager that did something stupid. He doesn't deserve to be arrested for what he did. At the most he should do community service, or be made to write an apology letter, or given a stern warning. This is a ridiculous waste of time and taxpayer money. PA should be ashamed for being so stupid.

Why should he apologize for dry humping Jesus?
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
He's 14, a teenager that did something stupid. He doesn't deserve to be arrested for what he did. At the most he should do community service, or be made to write an apology letter, or given a stern warning. This is a ridiculous waste of time and taxpayer money. PA should be ashamed for being so stupid.
There is no such thing as privilege in regards to freedom of speech and freedom of expression, people who say otherwise are trying to subvert it.

It's a right, not a privilege
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
There is no such thing as privilege in regards to freedom of speech and freedom of expression, people who say otherwise are trying to subvert it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Call it a crime of cheeky behavior. You need to deal with the fact that he was being a public nuisance. If I started fucking the drain hole in the road on your block, am I protected by any legal rights?

I also had a good laugh at fools who think this is protected under 1st amendment. People who don't even know what that means have no right to hold such a privilege.

You don't know what two years means.

Oh, most of us do Smiley

Some of us know better than others. Some of us also know the difference between privilege and responsibility, rights and consequences, and opportunity and freedom.

This is a classic example of the exercise of free speech and to a degree, divergent views on the subject.

For this matter to even go to court would be very, very wrong.

Activity: 840
Merit: 509
putting someone in jail for 2 years for taking a photo humping a statue is insane even if he was completely naked (which he wasn't).
was there any damage done to property or the well being of someone else? no.

unless he does this repeatedly and was already punished for doing it before but continues anyway this should be a 100$ fine at most.

Be sure not to set up any family pictures or plaque with your name and picture on them, then get upset when someone decides to publicly behave with it in such a manner that is both unprovoked and unwarranted.

It might be in bad taste but pretending to hump a plaque or Jesus isn't or shouldn't be against the law. People need get over themselves.

Are you kidding? Every time I look at that photo I start laughing LOL Tongue

What has that got to do with anything? People who think there's something wrong with the image need to get over theirselves.
legendary
putting someone in jail for 2 years for taking a photo humping a statue is insane even if he was completely naked (which he wasn't).

unless he does this repeatedly and was already punished for doing it before but continues anyway this should be a 100$ fine at most.

Be sure not to set up any family pictures or plaque with your name and picture on them, then get upset when someone decides to publicly behave with it in such a manner that is both unprovoked and unwarranted.

It might be in bad taste but pretending to hump a plaque or Jesus isn't or shouldn't be against the law. People need get over themselves.

Are you kidding? Every time I look at that photo I start laughing LOL Tongue
Activity: 840
Merit: 509

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I just love how it was because it was a "venerated object" what the hell happened to seperation of church and state? Who is to decide what is a jesus figurine and what isn't?

Is THIS a venerated object? 

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Forget about fines or prison, it's only a minor issue in this case. Actually I think that he should be grateful for protection. Because there are incredible amount of religious fanatics who can kill him with very brutal manner. Public trial and symbolic imprisonment could be the only way to save his life.
Activity: 448

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
I'm trying to be serious about it, but that photo is just hilarious Cheesy If he goes to jail then this basically just shows up the Christians for the morons they are.
Not only christians, but muslims too. Because Jesus is one of their prophets.

P.S. I seen this photo at morning and it was the fastest awakening. Cheesy
Activity: 420
Call it a crime of cheeky behavior. You need to deal with the fact that he was being a public nuisance. If I started fucking the drain hole in the road on your block, am I protected by any legal rights?

I also had a good laugh at fools who think this is protected under 1st amendment. People who don't even know what that means have no right to hold such a privilege.

Oh, most of us do Smiley

Some of us know better than others. Some of us also know the difference between privilege and responsibility, rights and consequences, and opportunity and freedom.
legendary
I'm trying to be serious about it, but that photo is just hilarious Cheesy If he goes to jail then this basically just shows up the Christians for the morons they are.
Meanwhile the rapist in Columbia runs free.

Looks like his dong's in his pants and nobody's around. What do I care if you dry-hump a drain in the middle of nowhere with your shorts on?

(or skorts? Long boxers...? Unsure what those are called... "skateboard asshole attire")

Because it's Jesus and kids should be locked up for the crime of touching a statue, because apparently "Cheeky behavior" is a new law.

Shame on all of you who said the kid needs to be sentenced to two years in a supposedly free country.

I'll quote the article because those who said this isn't protected under the 1st amendment haven't read the article

"This is a charge that was often used against people who burnt American flags in protest.
In Texas v. Johnson, Johnson was charged with Desecration of a Venerated Object for burning an American Flag during the 1984 Republican National Convention in Dallas.

The case brought to light questions about whether or not expressive acts were protected under the amendment. The supreme court ultimately decided that the burning of the flag in protest was in fact, protected speech, since it was done in an expressive manner with obvious political intentions."

He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..

There was no obscenity, unless you are offended because he's shirtless.

Unless he used the pictures for propaganda purposes, he should be let off with a warning. That said, his behavior was pretty provocative, given the fact that the majority of the Americans are religious Christians. BTW, that guy seriously needs to get laid. The lack of a female companion can sometimes result in illogical behavior, such as this incident.  Grin

Actually, if he used the pictures for "propaganda purposes", then he can be let off using the First Amendment. Read the constitution.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
WTF is wrong with LAW?? Give the kid a break, He was just being stupid (like most teenagers), bash on a head and some community service should be enough. Catch real criminals and put them in jail morons!! Angry

If he goes to jail for 2 years, he will definitely turn into a criminal which he isn't atm.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Unless he used the pictures for propaganda purposes, he should be let off with a warning. That said, his behavior was pretty provocative, given the fact that the majority of the Americans are religious Christians. BTW, that guy seriously needs to get laid. The lack of a female companion can sometimes result in illogical behavior, such as this incident.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

Pages:
Jump to: