Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 290. (Read 446060 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
I am going to need someone with mature blocks that are ready to stake to try the updated version of the source code I have compiled. I made some small changes to the staking process and need to make sure that it works. I would do this myself, but I don't have any aged blocks. Let me know and I will send you a link to the windows exe.

I can guinea pig. I have tek running in a win8 x64 vmx with current stake weight over 300 and more maturing tommorrow. If it sends me back in time, eats my coins, or loses an extraneous sock in the dryer...I'm coming for you! lol
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
I am going to need someone with mature blocks that are ready to stake to try the updated version of the source code I have compiled. I made some small changes to the staking process and need to make sure that it works. I would do this myself, but I don't have any aged blocks. Let me know and I will send you a link to the windows exe.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Yeah did that took a bunch of 1 coin blocks and moved them to make 1k coin blocks

Can you describe this procedure on the TEKcoin wallet? Thanks in advance.

See the tutorial section of this article http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control
Nice tutorial!
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Do we agree there is no reason for me to open up my wallet if I know that none of my coins are more than 29 days old? Or does opening it earlier helps accumulating weight?

The only benefit would be helping the network by adding another peer. But yes no bonus coin weight from doing so.
Perfect answer. Thanks.
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Do we agree there is no reason for me to open up my wallet if I know that none of my coins are more than 29 days old? Or does opening it earlier helps accumulating weight?

The only benefit would be helping the network by adding another peer. But yes no bonus coin weight from doing so.
Monero Core Team
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Good news I got the client to sync without having the checkblocksignature commented out. Had to update the whole source code to a newer system of checking the block signature though.

Got some more testing to do and will try to wrap up the update in the next day or so.
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Great! No hurry, as I know this kind of work takes time. Better to have a top-quality release when it's ready than a haphazard release too soon.  Smiley

The way I understand it, the current working version comments out the block's signature check in the primary block check function. This opens up the room for manipulation of block information for anyone that is using a client built with this part commented out.

We are trying to come up with a solution that still allows syncing but also is secure.  So releasing an exe now would put the user at risk for that particular build.
Monero Core Team
As long as it's downloadable as a single .app or .dmg file, then it should be fine as a temporary solution. No big deal, though. I don't mind waiting for an official OSX release. Most of my wallets are on linux and windows, and if a mac user wants it badly enough, then he can VM or compile it.
If I am provided a single app, I will host a single app Smiley

Just contact me when something is ready.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Can we get an updated Windows download that doesn't have problems with the blkindex0001.dat and synching issues? I got it to work eventually, but a new user may not have such luck. The temporary makeshift Mac download is not in binary form, as google drive has it downloadable as individual files only. I could in theory download every source file and tweak the file types and then compile, but that would take a long time. Usually google drive has a download option, but not like this . (Or I'm an idiot and am missing something obvious.)

Can't complain too much, though. The TEK community is doing great work, and I agree this coin has much long-term potential. There are many seasoned crypto users here, which is great to see. Lots of eyes on the code, like dyoungii really digging deep. Tranz's pioneering work on the HBN wallet is invaluable. Presstab is going above and beyond, and thundertoe is on the cutting edge as always. Seriously, keep up the great work everyone. I know I'm not the only one with serious plans for this coin.

Cheers!
Since I am hosting the binaries for Monero on Google Drive, I could do the same for TEKcoin. Would that kind of architecture help? http://bit.ly/monerostarterpack

(I should be able to buy some TEKcoin in two days, I hope)

As long as it's downloadable as a single .app or .dmg file, then it should be fine as a temporary solution. No big deal, though. I don't mind waiting for an official OSX release. Most of my wallets are on linux and windows, and if a mac user wants it badly enough, then he can VM or compile it.

Can we get an updated Windows download that doesn't have problems with the blkindex0001.dat and synching issues? I got it to work eventually, but a new user may not have such luck. The temporary makeshift Mac download is not in binary form, as google drive has it downloadable as individual files only. I could in theory download every source file and tweak the file types and then compile, but that would take a long time. Usually google drive has a download option, but not like this . (Or I'm an idiot and am missing something obvious.)

Can't complain too much, though. The TEK community is doing great work, and I agree this coin has much long-term potential. There are many seasoned crypto users here, which is great to see. Lots of eyes on the code, like dyoungii really digging deep. Tranz's pioneering work on the HBN wallet is invaluable. Presstab is going above and beyond, and thundertoe is on the cutting edge as always. Seriously, keep up the great work everyone. I know I'm not the only one with serious plans for this coin.

Cheers!

I can do an updated release on github that will have a new exe for windows. I have been working with Tranz to fine tune the details so that it will be more secure. For now I will add in checkpoints.
Great! No hurry, as I know this kind of work takes time. Better to have a top-quality release when it's ready than a haphazard release too soon.  Smiley
legendary
Blockchain Developer

Cheers!

I can do an updated release on github that will have a new exe for windows. I have been working with Tranz to fine tune the details so that it will be more secure. For now I will add in checkpoints.
Monero Core Team

Cheers!
Since I am hosting the binaries for Monero on Google Drive, I could do the same for TEKcoin. Would that kind of architecture help? http://bit.ly/monerostarterpack

(I should be able to buy some TEKcoin in two days, I hope)

Cheers!
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Yeah did that took a bunch of 1 coin blocks and moved them to make 1k coin blocks

See the tutorial section of this article http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Thanks. That's pretty clear, but I assume I'm to send the coins to one of my receiving addresses?

You can send them to any address you want including the address they are already held in.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Thanks. That's pretty clear, but I assume I'm to send the coins to one of my receiving addresses?
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Working on getting multi-wallet functionality running on the wallet. I am using what Tranz did to the HoboNickels source as a guide. There are some complex differences that this adds to the wallet code, and I might have to release a beta version for people to test out and find bugs with once I have a functioning framework going.

I am also working on getting a secure environment for the recent patch from dyoungii.

Hopefully things will go as planned.
legendary
Blockchain Developer

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Monero Core Team
FYI this has the same bug as many PoS coins where the max weight should be 90 days, but is not.  The max weight is 60 days till this is fixed. Won't make much of a difference until there are many more coins out there. But does require a hard fork to fix.
Interesting. Mintcoin is supposed to have 40 days, but maybe it doesn't. I'll check.
Jump to: