Pages:
Author

Topic: Temp Sig Bans please - For a new kind of Campaign - page 3. (Read 868 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
I'm not sure if everyone on the list deserves a sig ban
I was only thinking something like a week, a bit of a tap to rethink their motivation here. While showing how easily you can piss away the opportunity. I imagine for a Ban to take place it would come aftr users go back and report all posts they report to you. I've left mine until you added users to the list.

Well, here we go. I have been advocating for some attention to be given to the signature section of the forum by the adminstrators. Using this users as scapegoat would set a perfect example to other. As this will send a clear message to signs spammers. I second the suggestion.@Yahoo, don't think it'll be justifiable if we ban them from the forum, In my opinion, temporary signature ban between 6-24 months would do just the trick, they're always welcome if they can amend their ways.
I'm not looking for any overhaul to the current on forum Signature Camapaign dynamic. I think it operates fairly well. This is different, anyone Sr. Member and above gets in. It's only after Yahoo bans them do they lose their pay, and there are a lot of people joining. I'm also not looking to scapegoat anyone, this is targeted only at users violating forum poilicies/guidelines.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Well, here we go. I have been advocating for some attention to be given to the signature section of the forum by the adminstrators. Using this users as scapegoat would set a perfect example to other, as this will send a clear message to signature spammers. I second the suggestion.

In my opinion, temporary signature ban between 6-24 months would do just the trick, they're always welcome to participate on the forum, if they can amend their ways.
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
I'm not sure if everyone on the list deserves a sig ban, but I for sure would like to see EVERY single user who has been banned for Spam/Burstposting receive a ban. I don't mean a sig ban either, I mean ban from the forum for a minimum 30 days. Then impose a 6 month-1 year sig ban as well.

Those particular users showed 0 respect for Bitcointalk or the rules of the forum. They chased the dollar. Just my thoughts, theymos and the staff are going to do what they feel is best.
legendary
Temp sig bans would be enough for the spam posters, but those who woke up and changed passwords would be in a different case, IMO.
Well I do recall some of the cryptios team had been preemptively locking suspicious activity accounts. Iirc at least 1 legitimate account owner got caught up in it due to password and email changes.. Can't recall will have to look it up. I'm just thinking there are options available, that still seem to be within the forums general way of doing things.
Edit: Here's what I was thinking about. I would still expect research and investigation before just a blind action in this matter.
Well spotted! It appears that this account has indeed changed hands as the email address was changed on July 22, 2017, alongside with posting and IP patterns. I've now locked it! In the meantime, DT members can go ahead and paint it red until (and if) we determine the real owner.

Thank you for bringing this up!
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
I think that's a great idea. At least the posters themselves will have an idea of what happened if they are spamming/burst posting/etc.

As I read the topic a while ago, a lot has been added to the lists, so it should be continuously checked. Temp sig bans would be enough for the spam posters, but those who woke up and changed passwords would be in a different case, IMO.
legendary
Now before people show up with their pitchforks calling for a forum wide Ban, or rotten tomatoes because they lost their job this week. I would like to request Temp Sig Bans for anyone on the Banned list.
List of banned participants in the Cryptotalk Campaign

Nothing crazy, or go crazy what do I care. This will help in clearing a lot of Sig spam from the forum for one. - The rest of the benefits really are for anyone trying to identify current spammers, or assist in monitoring this campaign. By imposing a Sig ban on these members peolpe will no longer have to double check over and over if they are on the list. It won't interfere with anyone not spamming the forum strictly for the money. Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: