Pages:
Author

Topic: Terminology - page 3. (Read 79662 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
April 11, 2018, 03:03:15 PM
My suggestion.

tl;dr - Too long; didn't read.
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
MintDice Support
April 05, 2018, 04:10:47 PM
This is great! Cryptocurrencies are becoming like any industry that creates their own jargon and slang as it matures and a community forms around the sector. We just a wrote a blog post on this, check it out  Smiley

Bit.ly/CryptoVocab

Cheers!
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 11:35:05 AM
Good effort indeed! I think this will be very helpful to a lot of newcomers and I urge all of them to read through it. It does get tiring reading through forums where people don't know what they're talking about.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 18, 2018, 02:38:49 AM
I can recommend another resource with lots of info about it bitcoinwiki.org for that. You can find all the answers there
Activity: 10
January 09, 2018, 05:25:43 PM
Bitcoin provides a new approach to payments and, as such, there are some new words that might become a part of your vocabulary. Don't worry, even the humble television created new words!
Activity: 30
January 06, 2018, 12:00:35 PM
so much of this "slang" is so sporadically used, might as well update it with a disclaimer saying if you use this, you look like a knob.  LOL
Activity: 88
Merit: 2
January 06, 2018, 11:51:48 AM
I suggest to pin this tread in the section so many newcomers can actually understand what most of the people are talking about. This will also reduce the spam posts.
The OP has put quite some effort to create so detailed list so I think he should be rewarded at least by pinning the it.
I learned quite a lot my self reading it. Thanks for the good work. It's appreciated.

And how can we pin it? Should we wright to one of moderators? I believe it's kind of a forum thread where everybody can suggest something to the moderators.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
January 05, 2018, 04:22:42 AM
I suggest to pin this tread in the section so many newcomers can actually understand what most of the people are talking about. This will also reduce the spam posts.
The OP has put quite some effort to create so detailed list so I think he should be rewarded at least by pinning the it.
I learned quite a lot my self reading it. Thanks for the good work. It's appreciated.
Activity: 28
January 02, 2018, 06:10:46 AM
Very interesting thread thank you!
What about HODL?
Activity: 140
December 28, 2017, 05:20:33 PM
I created a really simple dictionary with 200+ entries, word lists by subject and tutorials for beginners.

Check it out at Decryptionary.com

Decryptionary is the simplest crypto and blockchain dictionary.

It's my passion project. I've created it for beginners who need help getting a basic understanding of crypto and blockchain.

Wow! You are amazing. I am looking for straight forward definitions of the terminologies used here and I was still having trouble. Glad I stumbled upon your post.
Activity: 45
December 11, 2017, 11:09:35 AM
Hi everybody,

I would like to know the meaning of BOOTABLE USB or OS. I read in this post (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/howto-create-a-100-secure-wallet-17240) and I dont know exactly what's the meaning.
The sentence is "Create a live-CD or a bootable USB with your OS of choice on it."

Thanks in advance

Why you didn't straight ask your question on that thread man? Well yes I appreciate your willing to lookup the answer on this terminology thread. But it also not bad to ask there on the tread you've mentioned above.

Sorry, your are right.
Anyway I learnt the meaning, this foro is amazing!
Activity: 23
December 11, 2017, 02:13:11 AM
I created a really simple dictionary with 200+ entries, word lists by subject and tutorials for beginners.

Check it out at Decryptionary.com

Decryptionary is the simplest crypto and blockchain dictionary.

It's my passion project. I've created it for beginners who need help getting a basic understanding of crypto and blockchain.
Activity: 2
December 10, 2017, 08:18:29 AM

Thank you friends for let others know many terminologies. I start learning from this thread. It's very helpful. Thanks!

Nice to found this thread. Very useful for beginner.
I think "CryptoKitties" should be added to this index  Cheesy Cheesy
I'm not one of those kitties lover, but many people searching for that for the past days and I think this is the right place.

I also searching for this Crypto Kitties. It makes a noise, many people talks about it for the last few days.
Activity: 4
December 09, 2017, 04:27:56 PM
Nice to found this thread. Very useful for beginner.
I think "CryptoKitties" should be added to this index  Cheesy Cheesy
I'm not one of those kitties lover, but many people searching for that for the past days and I think this is the right place.
Activity: 4
December 09, 2017, 04:23:17 PM
Hi everybody,

I would like to know the meaning of BOOTABLE USB or OS. I read in this post (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/howto-create-a-100-secure-wallet-17240) and I dont know exactly what's the meaning.
The sentence is "Create a live-CD or a bootable USB with your OS of choice on it."

Thanks in advance

Why you didn't straight ask your question on that thread man? Well yes I appreciate your willing to lookup the answer on this terminology thread. But it also not bad to ask there on the tread you've mentioned above.
Activity: 45
December 08, 2017, 01:15:30 PM
Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance
Activity: 924
Merit: 11
November 22, 2017, 05:55:44 PM
Segwit2x. Please, help me understand what is this. Thank you
Activity: 654
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 02:33:03 PM
Excellent thread. Very helpful.

Thank you very much for creating this thread. Although I am an advanced user it is good to remind some things. Very useful comments.
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 10:05:06 AM
Excellent thread. Very helpful.
Activity: 7
November 19, 2017, 12:38:48 PM
Wow....
Thanks for the info.
Been running up down trying to figure out what all these terminologies mean. This list is a life saver.
Pages:
Jump to: