Author

Topic: Test Cricket Prediction and Discussion Thread [self - mod] - page 528. (Read 125179 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 105

You don't understand what I mean. I did not say that their squad is weak. Their squad is very strong. And everyone is an experimented player. They have got a chance in the national team by proving their qualifications. I just wanted to say they lost form after the World Cup. They are not consistent.
2-1 years ago, even if all the players in the team played badly, we could have relied on Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. These two players could serve the team regularly. But now, there is no one in the Indian team who is consistently playing well.

Edit : Mate, I have talked about the overall condition of the Indian team after the T20 world cup. Not about the T20 format.

I dont know whether it correct or not just my own thoughts that Kohli is most inconsistent player these days. As a regular batsman he scored his last century in 2019, so its three years since he scored a ton. I strongly feel that India must try some new talent in place of kohli while he regain his form in domestic player. Kohli totally failed in SA tour and chances are he may repeat same performance against SL.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
The Indian team is being discussed because their recent performance is not very good. Especially since the time of T20 World Cup. Are you satisfied with their performance after the T20 World Cup? At least I'm not satisfied.
They lost 1 series but very same team won last 3 overseas series so what's your point? If you play good you will win, if not then you deserve to lose, its simple.

Ah your main point is about T-20 only
What's the connection with T-20 and Test team? But yeah they were shit in WC but its also true that they were almost unbeatable in bilateral series everywhere. Already posted Win/Loss ratio of last decade for every team couple of times.

Already cleared my position on team when i posted a new squad news here in this thread.

You don't understand what I mean. I did not say that their squad is weak. Their squad is very strong. And everyone is an experimented player. They have got a chance in the national team by proving their qualifications. I just wanted to say they lost form after the World Cup. They are not consistent.
2-1 years ago, even if all the players in the team played badly, we could have relied on Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. These two players could serve the team regularly. But now, there is no one in the Indian team who is consistently playing well.

Edit : Mate, I have talked about the overall condition of the Indian team after the T20 world cup. Not about the T20 format.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

If you have no idea about players or never follow test cricket in general even scorecard then stop making general comment. By making such comment, which has virtually no facts and far from reality, you're not adding anything in discussion and it might look like spam.

In last 3-4 years India did nothing in their middle order, in 99% matches Kohli-Rahane-Pujara. Only couple of match i remember when this trio didn't appear together was cause of injury issue or break. That's it. So no they didn't do any experiment with the middle order yet. Now they are moving on which is a good thing.

Don't forget India won 2 back to back series in Australia and atm leading series by 2-1 in England. They won everywhere except South Africa and NZ. Not to mention virtually undefeated at home, they lost only 2-3 series in last 20-22 years at home.

Didn't India have a bad time with their top order? Didn't they give some players chances to prove themselves and they didn't live up to the expectation? Didn't they change the squad for the Sri Lankan series? I said everything based on these questions. I guess I was wrong, so thanks for pointing out the mistakes.

And unlike you, I don't wanna get aggressive. Seems like watching cricket is the meaning of your life but some of us have other work to do. And my advice is, instead of getting aggressive over some information, get a life.

I understand you are probably an Indian and for some reason, you don't like opposition but that's ok. maybe next time take one thing into consideration the other person is a human and he can also make mistakes, that's why we are coming here to discuss.
India travel with at least 3-4 openers depends on the form, just like any other team in the world so no it wasn't about giving chance to anyone. In Aus Shaw was not in form so Gill replaced him. When Gill got injured then Rahul replaced him in the England and when Rohit got injured Mayank got the chance, its pretty straight forward approach for any team.

India sent completely new team(t-20) to Sri Lanka because India was already playing test series in the England. Here you again making same mistake by mixing T-20 with the Tests. Facts doesn't care about anyone's feeling but if by any chance by stating simple facts to your post is hurting your feeling then please you are free to enjoy your victimhood.

The Indian team is being discussed because their recent performance is not very good. Especially since the time of T20 World Cup. Are you satisfied with their performance after the T20 World Cup? At least I'm not satisfied.
They lost 1 series but very same team won last 3 overseas series so what's your point? If you play good you will win, if not then you deserve to lose, its simple.

Ah your main point is about T-20 only
What's the connection with T-20 and Test team? But yeah they were shit in WC but its also true that they were almost unbeatable in bilateral series everywhere. Already posted Win/Loss ratio of last decade for every team couple of times.

Already cleared my position on team when i posted a new squad news here in this thread.
I posted this in last page

Yeah their time is up, now not worried about middle order when playing at home but these young guys need to perform in overseas conditions too and they should be given long rope for that. If not then some selectors might try bringing Puji-Rahane back in the team and in such scenario it would look good choice for the Indian team.

Personally i don't mind if Pujara keep travelling with the team when they are playing in the Australia for BG Trophy cause he had good outing there. Meanwhile Rahane scored a century in Ranji recently.

Don't know much about Saurabh Kumar but i think pitches are going to assist pacer (one match is D/N) Spin track is reserved for SENA countries.

Edit
@LittleBitFunny Bhai this is Test thread, that's all i can say. Although i do agree with you as far as last T-20 WC is concern. Almost everyone laughed at them for their performance at that time.

You don't understand what I mean.
Okay got your point. I mixed up your post with other poster. Yeah their performance did dip a bit but it's on focus because they lost SA series and it looked easy series for almost every fan. Can't blame anyone for NZ draw tho, it was bad luck, light did effect the game. If I'm not wrong then we lost 2-4 overs in that final session. Having said that i'm very optimistic for the new guys. Shreyas already got 1 century but i think Indian fans do have a very unrealistic expectation with their team. Win-lose are part of the game and somethime team does go into transition mode, which is completely fine IMO.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 129
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
In last 3-4 years India did nothing in their middle order, in 99% matches Kohli-Rahane-Pujara. Only couple of match i remember when this trio didn't appear together was cause of injury issue or break. That's it. So no they didn't do any experiment with the middle order yet. Now they are moving on which is a good thing.

Don't forget India won 2 back to back series in Australia and atm leading series by 2-1 in England. They won everywhere except South Africa and NZ. Not to mention virtually undefeated at home, they lost only 2-3 series in last 20-22 years at home.

They are playing two Test series after the World Cup. India have drawn one match against New Zealand and India have won one. India's top-order performance in the first Test was very poor. Only in the middle order and bowlers for good performance they were able to draw. In the second Test, Kohli, Pujara and Iyer all performed poorly.

I did not see any responsible player in the series against South Africa, almost all the batsmen's performance was irregular. And Pujara was a complete flop in this series.
I am not satisfied with the performance of India. Because India has a lot of young talented players, they have ample opportunity to replace the national team players. So those of us who are fans of India must expect better performance from them.

If you have no idea about players or never follow test cricket in general even scorecard then stop making general comment. By making such comment, which has virtually no facts and far from reality, you're not adding anything in discussion and it might look like spam.

Indian Chief selector said that he requested all dropped players to play "Ranji Trophy" so that selectors can review there performance and fitness. This idicates the fact that Rehana and Pujara are dropped because of there decline in performance. Ajinkya Rahane has performed well in match between Mumbai and Saurashtra,  he scored 129 and 91 in two innings while his team lost the game. While Pujara was out on duck but still his team won.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/ranji-trophy-2021-22-1280196/mumbai-vs-saurashtra-elite-group-d-1280414/full-scorecard
Activity: 1302
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.

Didn't India have a bad time with their top order? Didn't they give some players chances to prove themselves and they didn't live up to the expectation? Didn't they change the squad for the Sri Lankan series? I said everything based on these questions. I guess I was wrong, so thanks for pointing out the mistakes.

And unlike you, I don't wanna get aggressive. Seems like watching cricket is the meaning of your life but some of us have other work to do. And my advice is, instead of getting aggressive over some information, get a life.

I understand you are probably an Indian and for some reason, you don't like opposition but that's ok. maybe next time take one thing into consideration the other person is a human and he can also make mistakes, that's why we are coming here to discuss.
legendary
If the youngsters perform in the upcoming series then it is end of Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane and they should hang their career. It is a fact that the career of Wriddhiman Saha is almost over once Rishabh Pant showcased his talent in the Test format and now it will be hard for him to make a return in the team unless Rishabh Pant is injured. Not sure about Ishant Sharma.
Correct now it's time for change and selectors done this on right time Pujara and Rahane already have their all chances, but sadly they completely fail to give some good performance specially after very poor lost against struggling South Africa it needs a change, and they have done now it's all on these youths they give their best for having some better for their future because it is very good opportunity for them and Pant is already in with his very good game.

I actually think that India gave enough chances to their players to prove themselves again but they have failed to do so. India absolutely struggled against South Africa and I think it's absolutely visible that they had below-average batting stats.

And I think they should be done experimenting with those players, because I don't think they are going to give any good results at the moment.

So, it's better to go with the best squad or give some newcomers a chance to prove themselves instead of them. About the selection, I will say that very well done by the selection committee.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
If the youngsters perform in the upcoming series then it is end of Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane and they should hang their career. It is a fact that the career of Wriddhiman Saha is almost over once Rishabh Pant showcased his talent in the Test format and now it will be hard for him to make a return in the team unless Rishabh Pant is injured. Not sure about Ishant Sharma.
Correct now it's time for change and selectors done this on right time Pujara and Rahane already have their all chances, but sadly they completely fail to give some good performance specially after very poor lost against struggling South Africa it needs a change, and they have done now it's all on these youths they give their best for having some better for their future because it is very good opportunity for them and Pant is already in with his very good game.

I actually think that India gave enough chances to their players to prove themselves again but they have failed to do so. India absolutely struggled against South Africa and I think it's absolutely visible that they had below-average batting stats.

And I think they should be done experimenting with those players, because I don't think they are going to give any good results at the moment.

So, it's better to go with the best squad or give some newcomers a chance to prove themselves instead of them. About the selection, I will say that very well done by the selection committee.

Ishant Sharma is also done his job even mostly he stays away due to his injuries but good thing he enters in legit club of 300+ wicket takes in test cricket it's big achievement from this tall bowlers now it's time for him to do some better instead of waiting for another call from selectors which is not coming in near future with very good number of young bowlers giving very good for team India.
I think Ishant  Sharma is just old right now and Even though he is a great bowler I think there are better options than him. So, it Will not be logical to Play him instead of other young fast bowlers.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311

Its good to have backup in your team, this makes sense as player always take the game serious since he knows that he can be replaced if he wont performed. Pant performance in test is impressive, in his 48 innings he has scored 1735 with decent average. While Saha has scored 1352 runs in his 56 innings, don't know why Saha has been given too many chances.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

Ishant Sharma is also done his job even mostly he stays away due to his injuries but good thing he enters in legit club of 300+ wicket takes in test cricket it's big achievement from this tall bowlers now it's time for him to do some better instead of waiting for another call from selectors which is not coming in near future with very good number of young bowlers giving very good for team India.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
~
Everyone discussing exclusion of Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane. No one discussing the exclusion of Ishant Sharma and Wriddhiman Saha from the squad ?
Pujara last 10 innings score is 0, 47, 0, 22, 26, 61, 4, 91, 1, 45. So I think Sharma Ji has made right decision of excluding Pujara from the team. Both Pujara and Rahane must go back and play domestic cricket and try to regain there form.
Exclusion of Pujara and Rahane isn't a good decision. This time the selection criteria is much focused on the young players, so that next set of players can be kept active for the test squad. As in one of the quote it is said about the opportunity provided. Every player selected must be given good rope of chances, unlike the performance. Only then it is possible to find the right player. Pujara and Rahane used to give a good starting, if the new players doesn't perform well they could've been brought in. This will help handle unwanted opening pressure.

Everyone discussing exclusion of Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane. No one discussing the exclusion of Ishant Sharma and Wriddhiman Saha from the squad ?
Pujara last 10 innings score is 0, 47, 0, 22, 26, 61, 4, 91, 1, 45. So I think Sharma Ji has made right decision of excluding Pujara from the team. Both Pujara and Rahane must go back and play domestic cricket and try to regain there form.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 586
Exclusion of Pujara and Rahane isn't a good decision. This time the selection criteria is much focused on the young players, so that next set of players can be kept active for the test squad. As in one of the quote it is said about the opportunity provided. Every player selected must be given good rope of chances, unlike the performance. Only then it is possible to find the right player. Pujara and Rahane used to give a good starting, if the new players doesn't perform well they could've been brought in. This will help handle unwanted opening pressure.
I am not agreed with you here because it's fair choice from selectors as they already give enough chance to these both veteran players, and now it's very good time for others to have their chances in test matches and specially at home against team like Sri Lanka where they can give some good performance which will help selectors to have their better choice for next very important tour of Australia.

Even still have few concerns on few player's entry right now it's not good to comment about this all because sometimes it's happening all way many players and different strategies are works for selectors with the exclusion of Rahane and Pujara entry of Saurabh Kumar is also currently talk of town because it's not good and have no fair performance in last few matches lets watch how he has done here.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
^^ Point taken but hardly a early stage because points distribution system is based on match percentage, not series and also if we look at fixtures then Pakistan and SL are playing (5) majority of their series in subcontinent, which is favorable condition to them so one would expect them to perform well in subcontinent in comparison to SENA countries.

Indian squad for 2 test series against Sri Lanka

* Ashwin's selection will depend on his fitness, he's injured atm.
* Surprisingly India went with tested combination of Jaddu-Ash and Axar-Washi are left out from the squad so it seems pitches are going to be pace friendly, makes sense as Lankan's spinners are no dummy.

Thank God Pujara and Rahane have been excluded from the test squad. It is now official that Rohit Sharma will now be the test captain for India. Axar patel replacement is Saurabh Kumar, he is also a left arm spinner. He has been playing well in  domestic cricket and that is why he was selected. Last I read Ashwin was still injured I am not sure why he was selected?
legendary
^^ Point taken but hardly a early stage because points distribution system is based on match percentage, not series and also if we look at fixtures then Pakistan and SL are playing (5) majority of their series in subcontinent, which is favorable condition to them so one would expect them to perform well in subcontinent in comparison to SENA countries.

* Surprisingly India went with tested combination of Jaddu-Ash and Axar-Washi are left out from the squad so it seems pitches are going to be pace friendly, makes sense as Lankan's spinners are no dummy.

Thank God Pujara and Rahane have been excluded from the test squad. It is now official that Rohit Sharma will now be the test captain for India. Axar patel replacement is Saurabh Kumar, he is also a left arm spinner. He has been playing well in  domestic cricket and that is why he was selected. Last I read Ashwin was still injured I am not sure why he was selected?
Yeah their time is up, now not worried about middle order when playing at home but these young guys need to perform in overseas conditions too and they should be given long rope for that. If not then some selectors might try bringing Puji-Rahane back in the team and in such scenario it would look good choice for the Indian team.

Personally i don't mind if Pujara keep travelling with the team when they are playing in the Australia for BG Trophy cause he had good outing there. Meanwhile Rahane scored a century in Ranji recently.

Don't know much about Saurabh Kumar but i think pitches are going to assist pacer (one match is D/N) Spin track is reserved for SENA countries.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
For the first time I am hearing about Sourabh Kumar. Does this guy has an IPL contract? From his ESPN-Cricinfo profile, I could see that he was a part of two IPL franchises in the past - Rising Pune Supergiant and Punjab Kings. But from where this guy attracted the attention of the selectors? I just hope that he's not just another nepo product. And I checked his stats during the India A tour of South Africa. Picked up 4 wickets after conceding 233 runs, at an average of 58.25. What exactly impressed the selectors here?

From what you are saying is totally not in favour of this guy i.e.Saurabh Kumar. He is selected for test squad and these days selection for ODIs and test is all based on how well one is performing in T20 leagues.
But if you see his FC statistics then as an all-rounder he took 196 wickets in 82 innings and scored 1572 runs in 63 innings with 2 hundreds. I think he rightly deserves the chance.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 771
Top Crypto Casino

Thank God Pujara and Rahane have been excluded from the test squad. It is now official that Rohit Sharma will now be the test captain for India. Axar patel replacement is Saurabh Kumar, he is also a left arm spinner. He has been playing well in  domestic cricket and that is why he was selected. Last I read Ashwin was still injured I am not sure why he was selected?
Merit: 108
1xBit recovered their reputation
~
This is the better choice for India, they are going to do quite well against Sri Lanka with this squad. And I also like that they went with experience over talent. At the moment I think that the experiment that they were doing are over and they are back to their best squad. I trust this squad to do great in the series.
If they had this team when they toured South Africa it would have been interesting, Sri Lanka is not a tough opponent to have a packed squad.
I don't think it's true.
Sri Lanka can also surprise sometimes. But, I think that India wants to show dominance in this series. Sri Lanka is going to have a hard time in this series. And I like this Indian squad a lot more.

For the first time I am hearing about Sourabh Kumar. Does this guy has an IPL contract? From his ESPN-Cricinfo profile, I could see that he was a part of two IPL franchises in the past - Rising Pune Supergiant and Punjab Kings. But from where this guy attracted the attention of the selectors? I just hope that he's not just another nepo product. And I checked his stats during the India A tour of South Africa. Picked up 4 wickets after conceding 233 runs, at an average of 58.25. What exactly impressed the selectors here?
They are just trying out new talents and seeing what they can achieve. Because I don't see any other reason. But one thing that could be the reason is that there are not many left-arm-leg spinners in the Indian team. And we all know how important wrist spinners can be nowadays. And his first-class stats are quite decent in my opinion. So I think they decided to give him a chance.
Merit: 281

Most chances Pakistan is not going to play at the UAE because currently they are doing very good in PSL, and recently they have some better work out by PCB which is helping them for playing all series at home without any concern you guys are still licking these old things that New Zealand and England cancel their tours now this all is settled and these are going to play in Pakistan as currently 24 players from England are involved in PSL.

It means now they change their minds, and they are feeling sorry about their decision so in future we are going to have all home series in Pakistan just few crap mind peoples still having doubt about these tours but most chances these all will be clear in next few days.

This year is very important for PCB in terms of bringing international cricket back to home completely as Aussies after 22 years will be touring Pakistan in March after that ECB is coming in Sep Oct followed by CNZ in Dec. CNZ will come again in April 2023. If all these tours went successfully as scheduled then it's all clear for future cricket in Pakistan.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1344
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Jump to: