Pages:
Author

Topic: TestCoin, CoinCoin & JokeCoin - page 2. (Read 1625 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 20, 2013, 12:45:36 PM
I'm not sure how you go about making a coin that can't be sold.
Activity: 196
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 12:42:47 PM

OK, my tone was a bit to harsh. sorry.

All your ideas have been used and talked about to death already.

It's naive because coins are already easy to mine.

It's naive to make a coin that isn't supposed to be exchanged for fiat.

It's naive to make a coin just for a test. Test net is for that. People WILL try to get real money for it. They have even tried that with testnet coins.

You have a 1000 posts but dont know the basics.

Coins may be "easy" to mine, but there is no coin that releases so many coins that it can never pass the faucet stage.

It is not naïve to make a coin that isn't exchangeable for money. The other guy said he's doing it already and it's perfect for people who NEVER want to pay taxes again.

I don't care if people try to get real money for it, it is the actual mission of the coin itself that matters.

I know the basics, and I'm even pretty good at dealing with the Bittrolls (like yourself, coming in bias and unwilling to communicate because you already "talked about it too much with other people")
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 12:39:25 PM
Would anyone else be interested in working on these projects with me?

TestCoin: A coin so easy to mine, it can teach anyone how to use mining software, while making them feel like they are getting tons of coins (like 100,000 coins released per block or something). Also meant to be given away freely, to get people interested in Coins.

Problem is, if enough actually mine it, it will either no longer be easy to mine, or generate lots of orphans.

CoinCoin: A Coin that should never be exchanged for USD. A coin meant to be used to get coins with.

I actually have a coin concept ready to go similar to this,but with a better name.   Just does not seem a good time to be launching coins at all.

JokeCoin: A Coin that is so hard to mine, that no one will want to do it.

Well bitcoin is pretty hard to mine these days.

Couldn't you make it where the difficulty remained constant. Like no rounds, just one giant round of mining?

Let me know when you launch it, I'll help Smiley

True shit, Bitcoin is hard.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
May 20, 2013, 12:36:11 PM
Fin, you're all fantasy and zero understanding. Maybe you should read up a little bit about how coins work and more importantly : what gives them value. You are undermining your reputation as DVC advocate and therefore DVC itself by posting this naive notions.

I've done plenty of reading, and you seem to be the one that doesn't understand. Or have some kind of shit seeking filter on simply because it is me posting.

Lol, I'm not undermining SHIT. My "reputation" comes from threads like this. And once I get paid and start giving out free shit, and eventually make my own coin in like a year or two, this will work to do nothing but give me a better "reputation".

And I don't see why you have such a big problem with discussion of possible alt coins. I think there should be MORE discussions like this so that maybe someone can accidentally suggest the perfect coin.

OK, my tone was a bit to harsh. sorry.

All your ideas have been used and talked about to death already.

It's naive because coins are already easy to mine.

It's naive to make a coin that isn't supposed to be exchanged for fiat.

It's naive to make a coin just for a test. Test net is for that. People WILL try to get real money for it. They have even tried that with testnet coins.

You have a 1000 posts but maybe you should read a bit....
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
May 20, 2013, 12:30:53 PM
Would anyone else be interested in working on these projects with me?

TestCoin: A coin so easy to mine, it can teach anyone how to use mining software, while making them feel like they are getting tons of coins (like 100,000 coins released per block or something). Also meant to be given away freely, to get people interested in Coins.

Problem is, if enough actually mine it, it will either no longer be easy to mine, or generate lots of orphans.

CoinCoin: A Coin that should never be exchanged for USD. A coin meant to be used to get coins with.

I actually have a coin concept ready to go similar to this,but with a better name.   Just does not seem a good time to be launching coins at all.

Well bitcoin is pretty hard to mine these days.
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 12:26:26 PM
Testcoin -> Why not just use Bitcoin Testnet? We are already mining, it's more secure then any other alt-coin and everyone with bitcoin already has it. The difficulty has already jumped after the conference as the many people were talking about it.

What is Bitcoin testnet? It's an alt coin?
I don't want to mine a difficult test coin, the test coin should be constantly simple to train people how to mine/trade.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
May 20, 2013, 12:24:39 PM
Testcoin -> Why not just use Bitcoin Testnet? We are already mining, it's more secure then any other alt-coin and everyone with bitcoin already has it. The difficulty has already jumped after the conference as the many people were talking about it.
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 11:54:01 AM
And just BTW, I am searching for people that would be interested in making any one of these real.
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 11:31:11 AM
Fin, you're all fantasy and zero understanding. Maybe you should read up a little bit about how coins work and more importantly : what gives them value. You are undermining your reputation as DVC advocate and therefore DVC itself by posting this naive notions.

I've done plenty of reading, and you seem to be the one that doesn't understand. Or have some kind of shit seeking filter on simply because it is me posting.

Lol, I'm not undermining SHIT. My "reputation" comes from threads like this. And once I get paid and start giving out free shit, and eventually make my own coin in like a year or two, this will work to do nothing but give me a better "reputation".

And I don't see why you have such a big problem with discussion of possible alt coins. I think there should be MORE discussions like this so that maybe someone can accidentally suggest the perfect coin.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
May 20, 2013, 04:26:00 AM
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 04:09:24 AM
Solar Coin- The coin that is working towards making solar powered mining machines.
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 04:06:38 AM
I also have an idea for a 4th coin that would tie coins to human life in a way that would make mining a regular everyday occupation. Like people that don't understand computers would even start wanting to mine.

I feel like I might as well give away the fourth idea now that I said all those other random ones. I won't give away the name or any specifics, but... A time based coin.
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 04:04:42 AM
Wow, these are all great ideas!

Is that sarcasm? lol
May 20, 2013, 04:03:50 AM
Wow, these are all great ideas!
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 04:03:25 AM
EDCoin- The coin meant to be mined by the computers in school libraries to help fund the education of our planet (since people know schools are mining them, they will be willing to buy coins for no reason except to help schools)
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 04:01:46 AM
Bitbar does actually seem like "joke coin". Is it valuable, or does no one use it?

It's the most valuable alt by far, and it shows up at the top of the profitability charts at times, but by the time your BB confirms it's usually fallen in price to the point where you'd have been better off sticking with LTC. And the liquidity sucks.

That's crazy. It shouldn't take so long to get to your wallet.
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 04:00:46 AM
Here are just some random coin ideas, because I am a medical patient in Colorado, so I am being inspired right now Smiley

USA Coin- 50% of the coin goes to miners, 50% goes to paying off the huge national debt

Economy Coin- 50% of the coin goes to miners, 50% goes to trading for American dollars. The goal is to eventually constantly buy American dollars above value to stimulate the economy. Other countries could use it for the same purpose.

Charity Coin- 75% of the coins go to the company that made it, and the company gives out free mining machines once they start making money

Patient Coin- A coin whose value is measured in hash instead of dollars or Bitcoins

May 20, 2013, 03:57:51 AM
Bitbar does actually seem like "joke coin". Is it valuable, or does no one use it?

It's the most valuable alt by far, and it shows up at the top of the profitability charts at times, but by the time your BB confirms it's usually fallen in price to the point where you'd have been better off sticking with LTC. And the liquidity sucks.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 20, 2013, 03:56:50 AM
All of these already exist under various names.

Cheesy:D exactly. Just find yourself a variation you like the best!
Google/YouTube
May 20, 2013, 03:47:15 AM

Devcoin. Since it's merge-mined with BTC it takes no real effort to get, and you get several million per block.

The list on this one is pretty long, basically any coin from FTC forward.

Bitbar. With a generous payout of .00001 per block and 520, or 5200... 52000 confirmations to get paid, you can order a real bar of gold delivered across country by horse and receive it before any bitbar shows up in your wallet.

Lol,

1. You have a wildly skewed view of Devcoin.
It's definitely NOT meant to teach people about coins, it is meant to support developers. I am a writer on Devtome and have been doing tons of stuff with the people in the devcoin community.
Their goal is NOT to be some form of "test coin" in any way.

2. Just because a coin is not available on any exchanges, does not mean that it was never meant to be traded for money.

3. Bitbar does actually seem like "joke coin". Is it valuable, or does no one use it?
Pages:
Jump to: