Pages:
Author

Topic: [Testnet BITCOIN: BT3] FREE BITCOINS just post your address! - page 3. (Read 5252 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
145gqeUWKsmiFXqh6ydY7puWa27bbqcaHJ
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
15iWanQ9V5abP3au9eHbHrWbuuyTFM5wbq
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
14wM2YChVvpNGsA9nQmSq5eN1iaJhtdvG1
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
SENT! In larger amounts too, to the people who posted TESTNET addresses. I also refilled TP's faucet. :-)

the rabbit
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
1LjcT8rBhXFVLuajyn49RvzRzoaGHEgFk4
1PRB2m8JdthKMPKRC9zwvWJ7dki7hdiwKS
1BDfZ7o2J9b4Nk4XDcYxMaZJmFKoJ1TFGS

Zenrog, Just_me, zizot05: 3 more posters who failed the IQ test. 
just_me failed it long ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/not-nor-neither-229964
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
1BDfZ7o2J9b4Nk4XDcYxMaZJmFKoJ1TFGS
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
mgBZE36BsZwHRKvfRJC1cxZSQxnLau6tNc

Thank you
Activity: 229
Merit: 45
1LjcT8rBhXFVLuajyn49RvzRzoaGHEgFk4
Activity: 173
mfbPjsrjwGZsvVNNjPRyMXttnXYRydNzmz

Need some for testnet3 network for testing and http://tpfaucet.appspot.com/ doesn't seem to be functioning.

http://tpfaucet.appspot.com/ is now functioning very well.
Activity: 173
mfbPjsrjwGZsvVNNjPRyMXttnXYRydNzmz

Need some for testnet3 network for testing and http://tpfaucet.appspot.com/ doesn't seem to be functioning.
legendary
What I think would work out well is if testnet 4 were released. testnet 3 could be picked up by a dev team. Who could work with the btc dev team as far as sharing information. it could be relabelled as TN3 or something. It would be an experimentation coin. If they communicated with the btc devs they could try out ideas on tn3 where there would be sufficient hashrate and community support. If it goes well some features could be implemented in bitcoin. I firmly believe a new altcoin should not be created if it's features could instead be implemented into bitcoin but there needs to be a good testing ground with large hashrate and lots of active trading/transactions

That is a really good idea, and maybe the ideal way of doing it. I was a big supporter of terracoin because I thought it would be a good way for people to develop ideas on an alt-coin and merge them back into bitcoin. However that didn't quite work out.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
What you guys will do with these test coins?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
I would think the only way a dev team would get behind it is if there already was an innovation to be tested. This is all on the thought that testnet 4 were released.

If there was nothing to be tested the "coin" would be pointless. Im just saying it would be nice to have a coin so similar to bitcoin with a large hashrate and lots of transactions to really test out Ideas.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
What I think would work out well is if testnet 4 were released. testnet 3 could be picked up by a dev team. Who could work with the btc dev team as far as sharing information. it could be relabelled as TN3 or something. It would be an experimentation coin. If they communicated with the btc devs they could try out ideas on tn3 where there would be sufficient hashrate and community support. If it goes well some features could be implemented in bitcoin. I firmly believe a new altcoin should not be created if it's features could instead be implemented into bitcoin but there needs to be a good testing ground with large hashrate and lots of active trading/transactions
So you want an altcoin which is just Bitcoin+op codes? (for now)
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 759
Merit: 500
12UMFRgkesJU16C9kdxeXFpC8re8yKD8eM

thanks!
legendary
It's true, I am probably arguing an irrelevant point at the moment, but it would be really nice to see more work go back into bitcoin rather then x-alt-coin.  Grin

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
I would like just to see the threat of an arbitrary testnet reset taken away so that the network can go in whatever direction it might.
But that would completely defeat the purpose of testnet.
The whole point of testnet is having no value, if you want to test something that might have value, use an altcoin...

There is no need to fear, if the testnet develops value the devs will likely reset it if it becomes a problem.

Testnet is not for storing value
legendary
I would like just to see the threat of an arbitrary testnet reset taken away so that the network can go in whatever direction it might.
But that would completely defeat the purpose of testnet.
The whole point of testnet is having no value, if you want to test something that might have value, use an altcoin...

This subforum is full of the experiences of trying with an altcoin. Energy gets needlessly frittered away with dealing with attacks, poor code, poor updates, patches, etc... In the end it's an exercise of reinventing the wheel but no one ever gets around to building a better cart. Also, the lessons learned on alt-coins never get filtered back into Bitcoin. It's like slaving away in a bubble that when it pops- it just disappears and no one cares.

Testnet is unique in that it is a near clone of bitcoin, managed by the bitcoin devs. If we could pool this talent and energy that is going any-which-way down here in Alt-coin land into the testnet we would have a greater chance to work together to improve Bitcoin. As it stands these two communities nearly hate each other, and even if there was knowledge that could be shared, ego's prevent even that.

The idea is that testnet has advanced Bitcoin features that no-one is testing thoroughly enough for them to ever be incorporated into main-net Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: