Pages:
Author

Topic: Tether: not even a scam - page 5. (Read 31056 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
May 23, 2018, 01:04:29 AM
Already a lot of people are trying to conduct this external audit. It's pretty simple. You just need to transfer your Teather (USDT) back to the crypto currency. And then it will be clear if they have enough tokens for repurchase. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Has this forum been taken over by bots? The quoted post is at least the third duplicate in this thread.

Yeah it's real bad. Just report them and they will get deleted.

You have to give it to the dev for thinking the concept through.

Like the original message of the thread implies: even if the terms sound ridiculous, it cant be labelled a scam if all the terms are stated clearly and abided by

Those terms were added long after launch.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
May 23, 2018, 01:03:35 AM
You have to give it to the dev for thinking the concept through.

Like the original message of the thread implies: even if the terms sound ridiculous, it cant be labelled a scam if all the terms are stated clearly and abided by
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
May 22, 2018, 10:55:14 PM
I really don't believe USDT Tether is a scam because it's use had saved thousands of Crypto investors from losing their Crypto Assets and investments.
I myself had used once USDT Tether in order to keep safe and save my crypto assets from dropping it's market value especially this year that Bitcoin dropped drastically and every altcoin's are dropping together.

You're lucky because they have hidden surprise in it's “legal” section:

“Once you have Tethers, you can trade them, keep them, or use them to pay persons that will accept your Tethers. However, Tethers are not money and are not monetary instruments. They are also not stored value or currency. There is no contractual right or other right or legal claim against us to redeem or exchange your Tethers for money. We do not guarantee any right of redemption or exchange of Tethers by us for money. There is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers.”

https://cointopper.com/guides/what-is-tether-usdt-and-how-it-can-help-you-save-yourself-during-crypto-bear-market
legendary
May 21, 2018, 11:22:43 PM
They've said the money is backed with real dollars though haven't they?

I think maybe they lied?
Activity: 88
May 21, 2018, 07:39:57 AM
They've said the money is backed with real dollars though haven't they?
Activity: 322
Merit: 14
May 20, 2018, 06:41:46 PM
One anonymous blogger pointed out the correlation of Tether coin generation with price increases of mainstream cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. According to Cointelegraph’s BTC and ETH price indices, the price of Bitcoin increased approximately by $120 and Ethereum by $10 within an hour of the issuing of the $250 million worth of new Tether tokens.

Published today in Cointelegraph: Tether Mints $250 Mln of New USDT Tokens, Rekindles Controversy
Activity: 160
May 20, 2018, 05:41:08 PM
Just keep printing tethers backed by nothing but as soon as people stop buying them there worthless
legendary
May 20, 2018, 12:27:07 PM
Tether is not backed by US dollars it even says on website you can’t redeem for u s dollars over 2 billion in tethers have been issued the wise move if you want too be out of bitcoin lite coin etc buy peercoin its extremely undervalued and is energy efficient there over 3000peercoins too the bitcoin and  in Jan of 2014it was 100 peercoin too the bitcoin which is more representive of fair value

Lol trying to shill your deserted P&D coin in a scam warning thread is not the way to get buyers so you can dump.
Activity: 160
May 19, 2018, 11:43:56 PM
Tether is not backed by US dollars it even says on website you can’t redeem for u s dollars over 2 billion in tethers have been issued the wise move if you want too be out of bitcoin lite coin etc buy peercoin its extremely undervalued and is energy efficient there over 3000peercoins too the bitcoin and  in Jan of 2014it was 100 peercoin too the bitcoin which is more representive of fair value
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
May 18, 2018, 11:36:57 PM
Tether was fine until some exchanges like Kraken hate it. Tether to the moon! I expect a Tether pump soon.

What do you mean by Tether pump ? Doesnt the price stays the same ?

Yeah, as far as I know, Tether is 100% backed. Every Tether is always backed 1-to-1, by traditional currency held in our reserves.
So 1 USD₮ is always equivalent to 1 USD. So its impossible to pump Tether.
Activity: 20
May 18, 2018, 11:32:15 PM
I think this is very positive, in the middle term: it means that traditional centers of power have understood how dangerous bitcoin is for them, and how big will be the political and economic revolution started by bitcoin.
legendary
May 18, 2018, 02:06:25 PM
ou can't really expect them to offer all sorts of guarantees

And you are proving why a n00b accounts need to be locked in a n00b area, its dumb ass posts like this that make good n00b accounts get ignored.

Already a lot of people are trying to conduct this external audit. It's pretty simple. You just need to transfer your Teather (USDT) back to the crypto currency. And then it will be clear if they have enough tokens for repurchase.

Already a lot of people are trying to conduct this external audit. It's pretty simple. You just need to transfer your Teather (USDT) back to the crypto currency. And then it will be clear if they have enough tokens for repurchase. Smiley Smiley

Will the Bot please raise you hand.

I myself had used once USDT Tether in order to keep safe and save my crypto assets from dropping it's market value especially this year that Bitcoin dropped drastically and every altcoin's are dropping together.

I really don't believe USDT Tether is a scam because it's use had saved thousands of Crypto investors from losing their Crypto Assets and investments.

And another plagiarizing bot.

Activity: 490
Merit: 11
May 18, 2018, 12:19:06 PM
Unequivocally I think that the tether project today is also scam because this project can not pass the audit in any way, but eventually they found out that the bank is behind this project, therefore they do not want to pass the audit.
Activity: 24
May 18, 2018, 12:16:59 PM
Activity: 26
May 18, 2018, 10:31:16 AM
Already a lot of people are trying to conduct this external audit. It's pretty simple. You just need to transfer your Teather (USDT) back to the crypto currency. And then it will be clear if they have enough tokens for repurchase. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 22
May 18, 2018, 06:31:58 AM
Already a lot of people are trying to conduct this external audit. It's pretty simple. You just need to transfer your Teather (USDT) back to the crypto currency. And then it will be clear if they have enough tokens for repurchase.
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
May 18, 2018, 05:39:16 AM
There is no way that there is enough fiat being issued for every tether that is pushed into the market. Which is why you cannot find any exchange that will convert your tether into fiat money. It is useless to the market and it might take a while for people to realize that what they are using is something that is non existent and if you have tether, get out now while you still can.
Activity: 21
May 18, 2018, 03:04:17 AM
ou can't really expect them to offer all sorts of guarantees
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace
May 17, 2018, 05:14:12 PM
I would be shocked if there is 1dollar for every tether issued I don’t think there is 1penny for every tether issued and within the near future this will come too light

I can save you some time, there isnt. It's a terrible idea, not to mention illegal and literally a ticking time bomb before the SEC shuts it down
Activity: 322
Merit: 14
May 17, 2018, 04:06:04 PM
Do you know any exchange that converts USDT directly to fiat (USD, EUR, YEN, GBP)?
Personally I don't know any of such.
And that's weird, why some people try to investigate Tether USD supply, while this coin has nothing to do with USD directly?
Pages:
Jump to: