Pages:
Author

Topic: Tether: not even a scam - page 6. (Read 31056 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 03:34:01 PM
I would be shocked if there is 1dollar for every tether issued I don’t think there is 1penny for every tether issued and within the near future this will come too light
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
May 17, 2018, 03:30:44 PM
This is a company that issued an unusual crypto currency. Unlike Bitcoin, whose value is constantly fluctuating, the main property of Tether tokens is stability. The cost of the token can not deviate significantly from $ 1, since, according to Tether, each of these tokens is provided with a dollar in the company's account.
Activity: 160
May 17, 2018, 03:11:26 PM
The tether isn’t backed by anything. Just like nubits lost 75percernt of its value the tether will fall even harder peercoin is the most undervalued crypto currency if you want too be out of bitcoin peercoin the place too be currently over 3000 peercoin too the bitcoin I expect the ratio too be 100 peercoin too the bitcoin some time in 2018
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
May 16, 2018, 03:14:32 PM
Doe anyone else remember a few months ago when Bcash people were saying that Tether was a scam? Was there any legitimacy to that? I don't know much about that stuff but they were saying Tether was printing cryptocurrencies out of nowehre that they didnt even have or something. Basically like the USA government lol, except with crypto.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
May 16, 2018, 02:50:35 PM
Their problem is the lack of transparency. After all, this is a fully centralized project, supported by the US dollar rate.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
May 16, 2018, 02:45:38 PM
He himself several times used the system to protect his crypto assets from the decline in market value. It was especially important in the period when bitcoin prices fell this year.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
May 16, 2018, 02:16:37 PM
New competition for tether:
https://ethereumworldnews.com/circle-bitmain-usd-coin/

AFAIK, coinbase is a reputable company, plus it's going to be an ERC20 token. I imagine it would become available outside poloniex at some point. This could be the end of the road for tether.

Looks like it's time to short this shit, the beginning of the end is nigh. ERC20 token though, just ugly.

Shit is Kraken the only place to short tether?

Wonder how long till Bitfinex has a run on it's hands. Smiley exit scam in 3,2,1...
Activity: 503
Merit: 286
May 16, 2018, 01:56:47 PM
New competition for tether:
https://ethereumworldnews.com/circle-bitmain-usd-coin/

AFAIK, coinbase is a reputable company, plus it's going to be an ERC20 token. I imagine it would become available outside poloniex at some point. This could be the end of the road for tether.
Activity: 19
May 16, 2018, 05:27:42 AM
What really raises my eyebrows is how, during a time when Tether isn't accepting any new customers, nor is it allowing existing customers to deposit new funds was Tether able to issue $600M new USDT on Saturday, Jan 27?
legendary
May 15, 2018, 11:32:42 AM
I like USDT pairs to be honest because its easier for me to hold the value especially when market is down. I dont have to convert the BTC/ETH/LTC value manually for certain exchanges which is quite troublesome.

I really hope one day there will be USD pairs for exchanges but until then, my best bet is USDT.

Everyone "likes" a USD pair but if it disappears overnight then what the fuck good is it? Right now your playing Russian roulette with it. And if you continue to use it don't cry here when they exit scam you.

Lol, they even made their own shitcoin btc fork.

http://blog.bitfinex.com/announcements/bitcoininterest-support/
Activity: 79
May 15, 2018, 03:45:55 AM
You can't really expect them to offer all sorts of guarantees Embarrassed
Activity: 118
Merit: 1
SEELE- Blockchain 4.0
May 15, 2018, 03:43:18 AM
I like USDT pairs to be honest because its easier for me to hold the value especially when market is down. I dont have to convert the BTC/ETH/LTC value manually for certain exchanges which is quite troublesome.

I really hope one day there will be USD pairs for exchanges but until then, my best bet is USDT.
Activity: 364
Merit: 21
May 15, 2018, 03:37:25 AM
When information begins to appear in the general information flow that Tether is a scam, I start to get nervous, since this is already a regular messenger of the bitcoin price drop.  Undecided
Activity: 462
May 15, 2018, 03:24:53 AM
Personally, I do not believe that USDT Tether can be a fraud. After all, working with him has already allowed thousands of investors to crypto keep their assets from possible loss.
Activity: 84
May 14, 2018, 10:35:04 PM
I'm sure that the news that Tether is  scam has appeared in order to reduce the price of bitcoin. Whales want to buy a cheap bitcoin and therefore came up with this negative news.
legendary
May 14, 2018, 10:37:53 AM
I don't know if people observe that since the FUD around Tether started the price of BTC has suffered great dip Smiley

Well if there is any correlation there it is because tether has been creating coins out of thin air to pump BTC which helped cause the bubble and if you didn't know, bubbles are bad for monetary units. Stability is key so stop worry about what you can make and look at the big picture, tether is a scam that hurts all crypto.

I myself had used once USDT Tether in order to keep safe and save my crypto assets from dropping it's market value especially this year that Bitcoin dropped drastically and every altcoin's are dropping together.

So is there supposed to be a point in there somewhere?
Activity: 22
May 14, 2018, 09:59:19 AM
I myself had used once USDT Tether in order to keep safe and save my crypto assets from dropping it's market value especially this year that Bitcoin dropped drastically and every altcoin's are dropping together.
Activity: 182
Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace
May 13, 2018, 10:04:45 AM
It still amazes me how people could indeed fall for tether and store their money there when the markets go down. Do they not realise it can be shut down instantly, leaving their investments by all means worthless? If you want to store your money, use litecoin, bitcoin, vechain, project you know are going to be around for the next 10 years at least... hell even gold is a billion times better than having a fake currency illegally backed to federal currency.
Activity: 503
Merit: 286
May 13, 2018, 09:41:13 AM
Already a lot of people are trying to conduct this external audit. It's pretty simple. You just need to transfer your Teather (USDT) back to the crypto currency. And then it will be clear if they have enough tokens for repurchase.

No, the way to test it is to convert tether (USDT) to fiat (USD), but even if they give out a small amount of USD does not mean that they have all the reserves, but it would give an indication at least. I am surprised no one on here has commented whether it is possible to do it.
Activity: 29
May 12, 2018, 01:41:04 PM
Already a lot of people are trying to conduct this external audit. It's pretty simple. You just need to transfer your Teather (USDT) back to the crypto currency. And then it will be clear if they have enough tokens for repurchase.
Pages:
Jump to: