Pages:
Author

Topic: The 2020 Bitcoin Halving: See what'll Definitely Happen. - page 2. (Read 288 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
~
2. Bitcoin Mining: this is the activity that ensures that new bitcoins are generated and added into the already existing volume of Bitcoin in the market. These bitcoins mined represents the reward of miners.
~
The mined Bitcoin is added to the total supply, not to the market volume!

~
During the Halving speculators and investors expect that the Bitcoin price will surge because of the deflationary philosophy of Bitcoin supply,  Which is based on the basic principle of economics which states that centers paribus, price will increase when supply is lower than demand and vice versa.

So, this will give opportunity to traders to profit.
~
This is a misunderstanding of Bitcoin many have. Halving does not necessarily mean a price increase is inbound. There's a possibility that lots of miners and traders will move away from BTC post-halving, which would lead to a large decrease in demand. Decreased demand + smaller block rewards aren't a good combination for the price.

Supply does not get lower. It increases as miners keep their rigs on and the BTC network is sustained. Although block rewards decrease by 50%, the supply still increases by 6.25BTC/block.

~
1.In 2012 Halving: the mining reward was 50BTC starting in 2009 and it was halved by 50% which reduces it to 25BTC. In the same year the price of BTC surged from $12 to $1,038.

2.In 2016 Halving: The mining reward was halved by 50% which reduce it from 25BTC to 12.5BTC. In the same year the price of BTC surged from $650 to $2,526.

3. The Upcoming 2020 Halving: the reward of mining when reduced by 50% will declined from 12.5BTC to 6.25BTC.
~
AFAIK, late 2013 was the actual year when BTC first hit +$1k as that is the year I have joined this amazing project. 2012 had a max price of ~$100 if I remember correctly (might be my mind playing games on me).

~
1. The historical trend has shown that the two Halvings had corresponding rise in price of BTC.

So, will this 2020 Halving also bring about a surge in the price of BTC considering the coronavirus pandemic?

2. As the reward of miners is halved by 50% in every four years, by 2140 the last BTC will be mined.

So, miners will henceforth generate revenue from transaction fees but how will this be profitable to miners compared with their cost of operations?

~
I would not put all my trust entirely in the two other historical records. Bitcoin's market is only a bit past one decade. Needs a lot more time to take a real path which means a lot of unexpected stuff may happen. There are some miners out there doing their job just as a hobby, simply to sustain the network. If a lot of miners leave the network, there is difficulty readjustment to come in and help them out.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Well, Halving automatically reduce the reward of miners by 50%. The question is what'll happen to their revenue since mining is a very capital intensive business?
you don't have to worry about miners' revenue. when miners were getting paid twice the current amount of bitcoin for their work (ie. 25BTC) they were earning $6,250 per block but now with half that amount of bitcoin (ie. 12.5BTC) they are earning $108,000. even if we had 4 halvings tomorrow they are still earning more money than 4 years ago.

traders have always had opportunity to make profit. halving is just one case among hundreds.
there was a 80% rise over the past month before that there was another 80% during first 2 months and so on.

So, will this 2020 Halving also bring about a surge in the price of BTC considering the coronavirus pandemic?
there is already a hype build up and a 80% rise which could be called the "surge" that you are looking for.

So, miners will henceforth generate revenue from transaction fees but how will this be profitable to miners compared with their cost of operations?
i broke down the numbers above, the miners would still be earning 10 times more money compared to last time reward halved.
Activity: 490
Merit: 31
There is gold in volatility..
Greetings house, I'm creating this thread to engage the house on the issues I have been expecting as the 2020 Bitcoin halving event draws near.

The three variables in Bitcoin that are very important this season are:

1. Bitcoin Halving.
This is a core protocol that Sotoshi Nakamoto built bitcoin supply side economics on. It ensures that Bitcoin mine into the market is reduced by 50% every four years. This will lead us to the second variable.

2. Bitcoin Mining: this is the activity that ensures that new bitcoins are generated and added into the already existing volume of Bitcoin in the market. These bitcoins mined represents the reward of miners.

Well, Halving automatically reduce the reward of miners by 50%. The question is what'll happen to their revenue since mining is a very capital intensive business?

This will lead us to the third variable.

3. Bitcoin Trading & Price:

During the Halving speculators and investors expect that the Bitcoin price will surge because of the deflationary philosophy of Bitcoin supply,  Which is based on the basic principle of economics which states that centers paribus, price will increase when supply is lower than demand and vice versa.

of Bitcoin Halving Dates ,Halving BTC Amount and Price Surge.

Since BTC invention we've had two Halving which were in 2012 and 2016. The next one is May, 2020.

1.In 2012 Halving: the mining reward was 50BTC starting in 2009 and it was halved by 50% which reduces it to 25BTC. In the same year the price of BTC surged from $12 to $1,038.

2.In 2016 Halving: The mining reward was halved by 50% which reduce it from 25BTC to 12.5BTC. In the same year the price of BTC surged from $650 to $2,526.

3. The Upcoming 2020 Halving: the reward of mining when reduced by 50% will declined from 12.5BTC to 6.25BTC.

Here is the issue for our learning:

1. The historical trend has shown that the two Halvings had corresponding rise in price of BTC.

2. As the reward of miners is halved by 50% in every four years, by 2140 the last BTC will be mined.

Data source:https://blockgeeks.com/guides/bitcoin-halving/
Pages:
Jump to: