Pages:
Author

Topic: The Antminer S17 Pro: Is it worth buying? - page 2. (Read 518 times)

copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
At the end of its lifespan you will end up with a worthless brick.
Lol... A worthless brick? No. I think in a year or two I can make my initial investment back but the problem is the cost of maintenance and the power cost. The time and effort to be put together, I don't know if they're all worth it!
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
My opinion is that unless you have free electricity its not worth buying any of these ASICS.  The ROI time on this is years and it will most keep increasing as the difficulty continually rises.  Even if you expect coins to rise in price you will be better off just buying coins instead of mining hardware.  At the end of its lifespan you will end up with a worthless brick.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Depends.

You didn't mention your electricity cost. They make too much noise too. Do you have a warehouse to store those devices?

And more importantly  how many of them are you willing to purchase? Buying 1 or 2 doesn't make much sense. If that's what you are thinking, it is probably better to just buy bitcoins with that money.

Actually it is almost always a better choice to buy bitcoin.

Miners can become faulty before reaching their ROI. Too much risk.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284

The Antminer S17 Pro comes out in two different versions; The Antminer S17 Pro version - the miner that produce ~ 50TH/s hashing power and The Antminer S17 Pro version - the one that produce up to ~ 53TH/s.

There prices varies based on their hashing power:

1. Antminer S17 Pro (53 th/s)
€2.726,- VAT excl.
€3.299,- VAT incl.

2. Antminer S17 Pro (50 th/s)
€2.479,- VAT excl.
€2.999,- VAT incl

Up to 62TH/s max power in turbo mode!

Do you think the latest Antminer S17 Pro is worth buying in this market conditions and mining difficulty? Considering the hardware cost and also the cost of electricity.
Pages:
Jump to: