Pages:
Author

Topic: The Arch Network thread has MOVED - page 6. (Read 141897 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
October 05, 2014, 10:05:19 PM
Woah

[21:47] <@[BTCarchitect]> meanwhile lets say that selling arch in the next 5h might not be the best move Wink
Activity: 732
October 05, 2014, 08:22:29 PM
I'm sure this is starting to sound like a broken record. But why do people have coins in their wallet and others don't.
Does anyone have a step by step instruction on how to get the coins in the wallet?

I thought it was as easy as having them get inserted into the receiver addresses given during the ICO.

I've updated wallet. It's in sync. Inserted my backup dat?

Do I just wait?

you have backed up your old recieve fund wallet .dat file ? did you remove the old wallet (except the .dat) and installed a new one? did you drag the .dat file into the arch.qt ? that worked for me on win 7 64b

Yes I've done all of that. No coin. I'm no blockchain guru by any means but there is 0.5498 BTC for address   AciKWqDFekZn5mWoZvM1yfUKYTai9ZLieB  floating around somewhere?
It's shown clear as day in the crowdsale. Any my wallet still has that receiver address inside it.
http://crowdsale.archcoin.co/index.html

I think I had the same issue, this is how I solved it:

Assuming you are on windows...

Step 1: create a shortcut of the wallet QT icon

Step 2: right click the shortcut and click on properties.

Step 3: look at the target field, put a space after the location its showing (after the .exe) the type "-rescan" without the quotes, then hit apply and then ok.

Step 4: make sure your wallet  is closed, then reopen it with this newly modified shortcut, it should rescan the blockchain for your coins.

This may help you Smiley Good luck

You're a genius!! Thanks so much. Coin in wallet and staking now!!!

Cheers mate!

How do I get it to stake? Been in three since last night and nothing.

I'm sorry. I meant to say that I'm holding my coin in wallet to get it mature enough to start staking. As far as I know with any POS coin just need the wallet encrypted for your protection then unlock it "for staking only" purposes - then just wait for the coin to mature per the time specified by dev.  
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
October 05, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

It will start about 24 hrs after you get your coins.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
October 05, 2014, 08:19:20 PM
no it doesn't, the block confirmed after the end but they were in the block before the end and transmitted across the network. Just because a block hasn't confirmed doesn't mean the coins aren't in the chain. When I sent my BTC for the IPO they showed in the IPO sale list before they had confirmations.

So clearly you have no idea how the blockchain technology works. When you send a payment, your client signs a message which is they relayed over the network. At that point the tx is in the mempool. It has not been mined and may not be mined. Until it has been mined it *is not included in the blockchain or any blocks*.

This is how double spending works, you can relay one tx and quickly relay another competing tx to another set of nodes. Since some miners will hear of TXa first and other TXb first, then it's a lottery for which will be mined.

The IPO terms are very very clear, you just do not understand how bitcoin technology works.

An unconfirmed tx is exactly that, just an unconfirmed tx. IPO talks about confirmed in the blockchain.

So clearly you have no idea how time works

9/30/2014 22:03:35   323254
9/30/2014 00:22:14   323255 (22 hours earlier)
10/1/2014 00:13:26   323264 (24 hours later)

Grin Grin Grin

LMFAO
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
October 05, 2014, 08:16:57 PM
I'm sure this is starting to sound like a broken record. But why do people have coins in their wallet and others don't.
Does anyone have a step by step instruction on how to get the coins in the wallet?

I thought it was as easy as having them get inserted into the receiver addresses given during the ICO.

Do I just wait?

you have backed up your old recieve fund wallet .dat file ? did you remove the old wallet (except the .dat) and installed a new one? did you drag the .dat file into the arch.qt ? that worked for me on win 7 64b

Yes I've done all of that. No coin. I'm no blockchain guru by any means but there is 0.5498 BTC for address   AciKWqDFekZn5mWoZvM1yfUKYTai9ZLieB  floating around somewhere?
It's shown clear as day in the crowdsale. Any my wallet still has that receiver address inside it.

Step 3: look at the target field, put a space after the location its showing (after the .exe) the type "-rescan" without the quotes, then hit apply and then ok.

Step 4: make sure your wallet  is closed, then reopen it with this newly modified shortcut, it should rescan the blockchain for your coins.

Cheers mate!

October 05, 2014, 08:14:01 PM

Do I just wait?

Yes I've done all of that. No coin. I'm no blockchain guru by any means but there is 0.5498 BTC for address   AciKWqDFekZn5mWoZvM1yfUKYTai9ZLieB  floating around somewhere?

Step 4: make sure your wallet  is closed, then reopen it with this newly modified shortcut, it should rescan the blockchain for your coins.

Cheers mate!
Activity: 560
October 05, 2014, 08:03:55 PM

Do I just wait?

October 05, 2014, 07:56:40 PM

Do I just wait?

Yes I've done all of that. No coin. I'm no blockchain guru by any means but there is 0.5498 BTC for address   AciKWqDFekZn5mWoZvM1yfUKYTai9ZLieB  floating around somewhere?
It's shown clear as day in the crowdsale. And my wallet still has that receiver address inside it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 05, 2014, 06:53:23 PM
  Cheesy  hahahah shut up dude this is the lamest attempt at fudding i've ever seen.  Not even the noobs believe you! LOL

Activity: 24
October 05, 2014, 06:51:38 PM
ARCHcoin now has a dedicated CoinBab page: http://coinblab.com/page/archcoin

ARCHCoin also has a new group: http://coinblab.com/group/15

Use our new site to discuss the future of ARCHcoin without the hassle of trolls and massive FUD.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
October 05, 2014, 06:49:55 PM

Wow such awesome investigation there.  I just sold everything because I believe you were right.

Way to go man your so AWSOME

Can I get your autograph ?

No please , go away . I want his autograph  Grin ... Please @cryptobooster  give me your autograph   STFU !
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 05, 2014, 06:37:39 PM
LOL at the dumbasses who dumped upon initial trading opening.  The ARCH pump is just beginning...

delusions of grandeur... a false impression of one's own importance.

Are you trying to claim the poster above has delusions of grandeur from the post above?

"LOL at the dumbasses who dumped upon initial trading opening.  The ARCH pump is just beginning..." Not delusions of grandeur

"LOL at the dumbasses who dumped upon initial trading opening.  The ARCH pump is just beginning... AND I'M THE BEST IN THE FUCKING WORLD I CAN BEAT EVERYONE AT EVERYTHING" is delusions of grandeur
October 05, 2014, 06:31:28 PM

Grin Grin Grin

hehe, well copy paste typos, but look at the block timestamps with the provided link - I updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

Should be more clear now.

Activity: 1218
BintexFutures
October 05, 2014, 06:23:16 PM
no it doesn't, the block confirmed after the end but they were in the block before the end and transmitted across the network. Just because a block hasn't confirmed doesn't mean the coins aren't in the chain. When I sent my BTC for the IPO they showed in the IPO sale list before they had confirmations.

So clearly you have no idea how the blockchain technology works. When you send a payment, your client signs a message which is they relayed over the network. At that point the tx is in the mempool. It has not been mined and may not be mined. Until it has been mined it *is not included in the blockchain or any blocks*.

This is how double spending works, you can relay one tx and quickly relay another competing tx to another set of nodes. Since some miners will hear of TXa first and other TXb first, then it's a lottery for which will be mined.

The IPO terms are very very clear, you just do not understand how bitcoin technology works.

An unconfirmed tx is exactly that, just an unconfirmed tx. IPO talks about confirmed in the blockchain.

So if we had been unlucky enough to hit a really slow block all that should have been discarded?

The worst you can accuse this is of being badly worded and badly thought out because there is no knowing when a block will confirm.  As long as the tx has been broadcast then it should be in the ipo because that is the only thing you can be sure of in time with bitcoin

Activity: 12
October 05, 2014, 06:10:33 PM

So clearly you have no idea how time works

Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 05, 2014, 06:09:16 PM
LOL at the dumbasses who dumped upon initial trading opening.  The ARCH pump is just beginning...

What will be the ATH
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
October 05, 2014, 06:07:22 PM

If you want out sell. Problem solved.
October 05, 2014, 06:01:52 PM

Activity: 1218
BintexFutures
October 05, 2014, 05:43:23 PM

LOL with 0 posting history.  If you can't already tell, this account was created purely to FUD arch with false accusations.  If you fall for this guys bullshit you might be retarded...

Have you read it? There is blockchain evidence. Something stinks. If you dont read it how can you tell what is FUD and what is actually informative...

indeed and the evidence confirms the coins were in the block chain before the end of the ipo. What is your problem exactly?

No, it confirms that ~37BTC entered the blockchain after the IPO and we not refunded but instead counted towards the IPO. The terms stated otherwise.

October 05, 2014, 05:37:59 PM

LOL with 0 posting history.  If you can't already tell, this account was created purely to FUD arch with false accusations.  If you fall for this guys bullshit you might be retarded...

Have you read it? There is blockchain evidence. Something stinks. If you dont read it how can you tell what is FUD and what is actually informative...

indeed and the evidence confirms the coins were in the block chain before the end of the ipo. What is your problem exactly?

No, it confirms that ~37BTC entered the blockchain after the IPO and we not refunded but instead counted towards the IPO. The terms stated otherwise.
Pages:
Jump to: