Pages:
Author

Topic: The ASIC device scams are getting a little fancier. - page 2. (Read 13316 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
So, who makes me a fancy website like that for my shop?

I want to learn from the scammers for my own business Cheesy

Is the design custom or do you guys think they just ripped it off somewhere?
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Just for fun I tried to search for their patents for this sweet cooling tech and their  strip LED lighting from the future....

Take a guess what I found?   Zilch  Lips sealed

Then you did not search very well.... there IS cooling tech available to cool without Peltier or compressor. (start with :Stirling cryocoolers )
A Japanese company has a system where you have a sealed canister and stir a liquid and it does indeed produce significant cooling at one end of the device.

The reason I know this was I was asked to 'design' a wine cooler/ Refrigerator that did not use any of the conventional methods.
Problem was the licensing fee was massive and you could only buy units from the jap. company.

So I would not discount the cooling tech.. however even with the cooling tech, there does not seem enough room in the case for the number of chips needed.
Activity: 223
I must say, that scam asic looks pretty beast.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
No cold fusion capability?
Activity: 420
Being a bit of a self proclaimed expert on Stirling engines this offering while pretty is clearly a scam.

You might be able to design a stirling engine to act as a heat pump, but it has moving parts that require regular service and lubrication. It's a single piston system. Thus it creates noise and constant vibrations that you would never want attached or even in the same mounting plate as electronic equipment. It would literally shake anything apart given enough time and the vibration would cause noise.

Activity: 130

Ordered 2...   One for eBay and one for my friend Biff

Does it come with a box of banana peels and a case of Coors?  

LOL   Cheesy
Activity: 840

Ordered 2...   One for eBay and one for my friend Biff

Sweet! How much are they charging for one of these bad boys? I will take 500 for a project that me and Kim Jong-un are working on.

If you send BTC to my address ill make sure you in batch 1.     Shipping in 2 weeks.   

2 weeks? I need it a bit faster due to some issues with the United Nations.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I just checked the prices: $15k for one TH/s...

One Tera Hash gives you $5.6k every single day. You would be an idiot if you think they will ever ship you such a thing for so cheap.
Activity: 208
Merit: 10

Sweet! How much are they charging for one of these bad boys? I will take 500 for a project that me and Kim Jong-un are working on.

If you send BTC to my address ill make sure you in batch 1.     Shipping in 2 weeks.   
Activity: 840

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
Just for fun I tried to search for their patents for this sweet cooling tech and their  strip LED lighting from the future....

Take a guess what I found?   Zilch  Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Worlds first PC with on-board liquid nitrogen generator

Cheesy Cheesy

Grin
Haha these scams come funnier everyday.
Activity: 350
The had a promo to also get a flux capacitor with every unit but sadly it ended before I got my order in  Cheesy
www.DonateMedia.org

Cheesy Cheesy

liquid-nitrogen-generator....  
http://citizensciencequarterly.com/2011/05/10/liquid-nitrogen-generator/

Kudos to them managing to get all that in such a nice case......

But wow......

We’ve taken ASIC processing to the next level with our patent pending ASIC+ Cryonic Architecture™ featuring select low-temperature superconducting materials.

hrough a patent pending “scrubbing” process, each FrostBit™ Cryonic unit is designed to filter atmospheric nitrogen gas of dust, moisture, and other impurities.

So the thing also shits little pellets of contaminates....

And to stop you 'peeking inside'
After assembly, each unit is injected with specially formulated acoustically and thermally insulating foam ensuring cool and quite operation.

Im surprised it doesn't come with an antimatter warp core to power it   Grin
Activity: 399

Cheesy Cheesy

liquid-nitrogen-generator....  
http://citizensciencequarterly.com/2011/05/10/liquid-nitrogen-generator/

Kudos to them managing to get all that in such a nice case......

But wow......

We’ve taken ASIC processing to the next level with our patent pending ASIC+ Cryonic Architecture™ featuring select low-temperature superconducting materials.

hrough a patent pending “scrubbing” process, each FrostBit™ Cryonic unit is designed to filter atmospheric nitrogen gas of dust, moisture, and other impurities.

So the thing also shits little pellets of contaminates....

And to stop you 'peeking inside'
After assembly, each unit is injected with specially formulated acoustically and thermally insulating foam ensuring cool and quite operation.
www.DonateMedia.org
It seems like Ed Trice is all over this too with previous scammery involving these nitrogen cooling units but I havn't found any solid linkage there

Hate to over simplify, but that was my absolute first thought when seeing the scam site's name.

Seems like has to be but I have not seen anything directly tying the two. If they are in cahoots they are certainly keeping that part quiet
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
It seems like Ed Trice is all over this too with previous scammery involving these nitrogen cooling units but I havn't found any solid linkage there

Hate to over simplify, but that was my absolute first thought when seeing the scam site's name.
www.DonateMedia.org
Well, more digging-

The CEO is involved with another business called Crypteks  

Also another thing called Cryptrade  http://www.cryptrade.com/#/home

Notice on the Crypteks Facebook, a like for Bitwize  https://www.facebook.com/crypteks, and Bitwize linkage on the Cryptrade home page with a very similar template used by Cryoniks

Kickstarter that has people questioning them as fraudulent with refund run-arounds   http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crypteks/crypteks-usbtm-encrypted-and-lockable-usb-solution/comments, speculation that the business is actually run from Lebanon

Reddit has plenty to say on this

Particularly-

As horrible as it is for the backers, it's a sad fact that not every company will be able to make it. What's "dark" and terrible about this company is that they chose to neither communicate properly to their backers, nor were competent enough to give refunds.
I've been checking out kickstarter for a while. They do their best to see real material and such before approving projects for their site. While, yes, try do make money regardless of whether the project delivers or not, they DO actively block people to abuse their platform. I mean, they require something real and tangible for most projects. Software is the only real exception there, and perhaps a few games. I think they do a good job policing projects before they get approved. And, if the projects take your money and run, it doesn't look good for them, either.
And, like they've said, and numerous others have said, this is product investment by crowd. It's a risk. You're not pre-ordering or buying a product, you're giving them funding. If thing go the way they're supposed to, you get something back. And, if not, you get a refund. If you don't, some time of legal recourse should be appropriate, or just calling your credit card company and nixing the charge. The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Those guys should be ashamed of themselves for not communicating properly. If they need more time because of delays, say so. If you completely failed, detail why. Crowd-funding isn't just about getting money. It's about small companies and groups learning how to put out products without having massive debts or big name investors reaching down their backs. Some people wouldn't be able to deliver something at all if it wasn't for this model. Sharing your mistakes is more important that sharing your successes. It helps show the way for others. It's not just crowd-funding, it's crowd-learning about entrepreneurship.

Previous registration for another business in MI

TRAKTRADE LLC was formed on 2006-01-12 in Michigan by FAHAD KOUMAIHA.

FORMATION
Universal ID
MI-B7333X
Name
TRAKTRADE LLC
Registration Number
B7333X
Type
Domestic Limited Liability Company
Kind
Domestic Limited Liabilit
Status
ACTIVE, BUT NOT IN GOOD STANDING AS OF 2-17-2009 (just means they didn't refile the LLC)
Formation Date
2006-01-12
OFFICERS
Registered Agent
FAHAD KOUMAIHA

RED ALERT
www.DonateMedia.org
https://cryoniks.com

Obvious scam is obvious. Don't preorder these.

May I see your evidence of a scam? Hopefully you're not actually trying to claim that concept art is a scam. I think what you meant to say was, "This might be a scam". Because if something is obviously a scam, than you would have some evidence to back up your claims.

Interestingly enough, these links that were posted that some of you are believing to be credible are claiming ButterflyLabs is legit as so many people on here are misusing the word "scam" toward them as well.

This company that has not proven their device exists in the slightest but are happy to take your money anyway. This is just a fancy website, with a nice graphic, and techno-wizardry sounding PR release (as a technical person can tell you is mostly all a bunch of Gee-whiz! sounding bullshit more at home on an episode of Star Trek), and nothing more.

BFL has shipped some stuff but their business practices are also shady as hell.

Pages:
Jump to: