Pages:
Author

Topic: The best countries tax wise for Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 647 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 1723
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 16, 2022, 06:30:06 AM
1. Most probably one will have to give up the old citizenship in order to benefit of these countries.
Yes, the process is a little more complicated than just finding a rent over there and moving out.  Some of the countries also have their citizenship easier to obtain than others.  From what I have read so far, the process seems to get harder the more nationalist or culturally-oriented the country is.  On the other end, other countries offer citizenship for money and basic knowledge of the country's history, language and culture.

To me it seems that putting in the efforts to revoke your citizenship and obtain another one just for the taxes only makes sense when you have a big bag of money that is worth the time and effort.

Can confirm Portugal also seems to be a good choice tax-wise.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 16, 2022, 05:41:49 AM
Any other countries/states ? Dubaï

Well, as European I would not choose a country from outside Europe because the laws may become (very) strange for actually living there.
This being said, according to newspapers, Portugal looks good.

I would add that:
1. Most probably one will have to give up the old citizenship in order to benefit of these countries.
2. There may be problems with those who bought BTC from KYC exchanges and then want to settle to "better" countries.
3. Although the tax rules in Belarus may be lax, I would not advise anyone move there, especially after what's happening there in the last 10+ months.
4. If Germany's crypto tax is lax, I expect this will be copied in some other European countries in the not-so-far future, hence it may not be a bad idea to have a bit more patience and keep the eyes open.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018
February 15, 2022, 02:11:48 PM
Many countries have no capital gain taxes on financial assets nd they explicitly include Bitcoin.

The article lists 10 countries with favorable BTC tax rules :

Germany (!)

Belarus

El Salvador

Portugal

Singapore

Malaysia

Malta

Cayman Islands

Puerto Rico

Switzerland

January 4th 2022 article, unknown website https://koinly.io/blog/crypto-tax-free-countries/

Any other countries/states ? Dubaï don't tax gains, lot's of crypto investors/trader in Dubaï.
Pages:
Jump to: