Pages:
Author

Topic: The Best Type of Cold Wallet!! - page 3. (Read 656 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
January 04, 2019, 12:48:25 AM
you are asking the wrong question. as i always say there is no "best wallet" ever. there are only good wallets and you have to choose one based on your needs. all of them are serving a different purpose and each and every one of them have advantages and disadvantages at the same time with strengths and weaknesses both.

for example paper wallets are easy to create, cheap and secure. but they are not durable and you have to be careful in case of printing them (printer memory),... or a hardware wallet will cost you and you still have to write down the backup phrase (the seed) on a piece of paper so you still need a "paper wallet" in addition to your hardware wallet! but hardware wallets are much more convenient when it comes to having regular access to your bitcoins.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
January 03, 2019, 10:32:00 PM
A securely made paper wallet on an airgapped device is still the best among the list in my opinion, with hardware wallets next in line.

What would I choose? If I were to store bitcoin for years and without planning on using it, then most likely a paper wallet. But personally as a person who likes to move funds around all the time, I went with a hardware wallet. It's pretty much the perfect balance of security and usability. Just always make sure to store your recovery seed offline, on a piece of paper or on a cryptosteel.

Anyway, read these if you're unsure of the different types of wallets:

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
January 03, 2019, 06:46:03 PM
My first ever Poll!!

Hey just a quick poll to help gauge what the current thinking is on cold wallets and possible long term storage desires.

Please vote for which one you like best long term.

Thank you very much!

Pages:
Jump to: