Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins - page 49. (Read 4878 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
February 25, 2018, 04:36:52 PM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

This may very well change as more and more altcoins slowly becomes purchasable (and can be directly cashed out) with Fiat w/o having to go through Bitcoin, and exchanges adding other master-coins for other coins to be paired-with not just with bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
February 25, 2018, 04:10:55 PM
At the moment,it all depends on the BTC,where it will go there and the violas will go,but perhaps in the near future we will see a different picture, everything is possible on the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 451
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 04:08:25 PM
BTC is the king of every coins,There fore they must have a dependencies with both.But Other  blockchain techonologies are pretty good rather than BTC
Activity: 280
Merit: 16
February 25, 2018, 04:05:30 PM
I saw month ago - NEO has done it pretty good , i mean it did not fall in price, when BTC went down and dragged all altcoins with him. For me this is a good sign , that coin gained the power and not so dependent from Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
February 25, 2018, 03:43:41 PM
If you're looking for a candidate that could par bitcoin, then the nearest answer to that would be Ethereum. I picked it judging on the highest marketcap in next to bitcoin and the usage.
On our local online exchanger, ethereum have already its own way for converting directly to our fiat. It doesn't depend now to bitcoin in cashing out  Cheesy

As for the price, I think it is not because altcoins are dependent to bitcoin but it is about their same type. Both are cryptocurrencies and either of the two will be favored out in a time.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 12:33:16 PM
Yes, the situation is really the same as you described. Especially now, after incredible growth, the topic of crypto-currencies has attracted too many people
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 05:59:05 AM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
Pages:
Jump to: