Pages:
Author

Topic: The Black Pill hashrate enlarger Tool v1.01 for NVIDIA LHR cards - page 2. (Read 1124 times)

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
yes, the program starts a mining connection in with very low priority to a pool to trigger the LHR and unlock it. If you run you standalone it will use 0-5% of the gpu. If you run it with another mining software, the other mining software will take over the gpu,
99.9% unlock? You can test it yourself. on ethereum I get 100% unlock, but you might need to add a few watts

I have updated the FAQ page

https://github.com/sp-hash/TheBlackPill/blob/main/faq.md
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
The program starts a mining thread in with very low priority to a pool to trigger the LHR and unlock it, but when you start another mining program,  the new program will take over all of the resources, and no hashrate is lost. You might call it a fee, but it is only "fee mining" if you don't mine with another program.
I don't believe that.

Here is the command line of the 'black.x' process:

Proof that the IP address '51.15.89.69' is Nanopool's server:

The Pill keeps communicating with Nanopool EU1 (which I don't use for ERG) long after The Pill has been started up and my own client (T-rex) has been mining for 20 minutes.

After I closed The Pill, the connection to Nanopool was terminated. After I re-opened it, the connection was re-established. This proves that The Pill is connecting to Nanopool, not T-rex's devfee mechanism.

Any explanation, _sp or TeamBlack?

P.S.: I can install a man-in-the-middle SSL certificate to try to look into the actual data being sent (such as 'mining.submit'), but that will take more time.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
You have the right to charge a fee, since this is capitalism, but not to hide the fee.

scroll a page back:

The program starts a mining thread in with very low priority to a pool to trigger the LHR and unlock it, but when you start another mining program,  the new program will take over all of the resources, and no hashrate is lost. You might call it a fee, but it is only "fee mining" if you don't mine with another program.

Bull shit. That doesn't say the pill charges an extra fee on top of the miner fee.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
You have the right to charge a fee, since this is capitalism, but not to hide the fee.

scroll a page back:

The program starts a mining thread in with very low priority to a pool to trigger the LHR and unlock it, but when you start another mining program,  the new program will take over all of the resources, and no hashrate is lost. You might call it a fee, but it is only "fee mining" if you don't mine with another program.

I just noticed that The Black Pill charges a devfee. I can see in Task Manager that the process command line has pools and wallet addresses that are not mine. I don't know what the devfee is, and I haven't seen an increase in ERG hashrate on my RTX 3080 Ti (LHRv2), so I stopped using it.

Neither the Github repository nor this forum thread nor the program mentions a devfee or what percentage it is. This is deceptive marketing and TeamBlack needs to be transparent. Every single mining software states what the developer fee is. I don't know why this pill doesn't do the same.

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
This tool is working good, and not a virus. But there are some other fake threads on this forum with the same title that might contain malware. Make sure you download from my github repo, and nowhere else.
First post in this thread.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
That chart looks out of date, Firo has been using firopow for a while. It probably doesn't cover LHRv2.

Yes.
Do you have a link to a more updated list?
Activity: 1372
Merit: 216
That chart looks out of date, Firo has been using firopow for a while. It probably doesn't cover LHRv2.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Does the Black Pill increase hashrate for Zelhash or other Equihash variants? I don't think NV LHR v1/v2 affects Equihash, but maybe the newer versions do.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
Linux release added. Make sure you download from my github and not from other sources..

https://github.com/sp-hash/TheBlackPill/releases

TheBlackPill.tar.xz

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d5fa16087e09d0e85a63999307e9443f23503899762548adb7e31d55f0916d47?nocache=1

-----
tried this with gminer 2.74 and later 2.66 as per recommendation by sp on flexpool. the hashrate unlock is not as good compared to trex or nbminer. will try tbm next weekend if i find the time.

Did you compare Gminer 2.66 with Gminer 2.94? GMiner already have a 100% unlock option, so using this tool with is pointless.

but..

v2.66 -0.65% fee
v2.94 -1% fee

So it might be a littlebit better poolside.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
tried this with gminer 2.74 and later 2.66 as per recommendation by sp on flexpool. the hashrate unlock is not as good compared to trex or nbminer. will try tbm next weekend if i find the time.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
Please tell me where this software came from? Over the past week, almost all miners have released releases that remove the hash blocker.
Did Nvidia distribute this solution to all miner developers Smiley or did you buy it on the market?

lolminer dev was in a video that said it was more than likely created from the hack on nvidia.  All the unlocker does is constantly refresh the count down timer the nvidia driver uses to enable LHR when it sees that GPU is mining.
A very simple and ingenious solution. Why wasn't it implemented before?
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
There is a link to virustotal in the first post. The file contain mining code, so it is flagged as all the other mining software.
If you don't want to try it now, you can wait for the linux version.
----
The linux implementation is done. Just need some more work in the packaging.

release tomorrow.
Activity: 6
FYI for miners out there: As expected, there will be a flag with AV. Win 10 64bit pro

Mine is:

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

Edit: browsing at your TBM. Any plans to implement Eth+Ton dual mining?

Ton mining will end in 30 days, we are adding more coins In TBM to prepare for mining after Ethereum goes POS.

D'oh! I did not think about that. Good point.

Cheers,
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
We need to see performance of this Pill hashrate on other algorithm because I am getting the same 81MH on my RTX 3070 Ti just like normal before.

The pill is not needed if the mining software you use already support 100% unlock of the algo you mine.
Activity: 714
Merit: 296
Cashback 15%
We need to see performance of this Pill hashrate on other algorithm because I am getting the same 81MH on my RTX 3070 Ti just like normal before, so if I am to mine conflux or ravencoin I doubt the performance will be different either.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
@sp_ how can we trust? Does this unlocker have a fee for use?

Ton mining will end in 30 days, we are adding more coins In TBM to prepare for mining after Ethereum goes POS.

Here is an overview over Ton and the number of days left:

Trust and veracity is what is important when big things happen that require a new download (the actual download and extract and use) and to not be suspicious is would be unnatural. Especially since we are talking monetary value - and the ease at which dev's can slip a piece of code to mine small bits is a reality unfortunately, and the average miners understanding of coding is probably on par with the layman.

So, when new versions of everything are flying around, everyone will be more cautious if the source is not well established and in long term use. I asked a question when the pheonixminer thread was updated, but was still suspicious of it even though the poster replied right after. But pheonixminer having its own history, was also a big red flag.

@sp_ how can we trust? Does this unlocker have a fee for use?

Cheers,
Homer

Cheers,
Pages:
Jump to: