Pages:
Author

Topic: The completely evaluation of Dragon 1 T bitcoin miner from china - page 5. (Read 45639 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
You guys do know these are ran of a raspberry pi and is just stored on a SD card take the card out copy card ...

I'm not sure what you're talking about - what exactly would that accomplish??
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Worldcore - Banking for the Future
You guys do know these are ran of a raspberry pi and is just stored on a SD card take the card out copy card ...
Activity: 256
Because it's sterile...
the over-clock can only be performed on the earliest type with 40 chips inside, it is impossible for the current version with 32 chips because it is already over-clocked, as for the open source, they didnot want to open it right now, at least in the near future, because they donot want to the competition get the driver code.

I don't have one of these devices since I was scammed out of my money, but I will make an official request for the software. They can not take open source software which was released under a GNU general public license and not follow the licensing terms.
I would like to respectfully request you post your hardware driver's custom modifications to the cgminer source code as per the agreed upon license when you chose to develop on cgminer.

Sorry, CK, i will transfer your opinion to the factory owner, but i canot promise anything, However, they did said they will let user to change frequency and other cgminer related factors into the controller windows, they said they just want to make the interface as simple as possible, i one ask them type both the chinese and english into the interface, but they prefer to choose two version because of that will make windows too complex, another issue is about the chip, it seems like when it runs at high frequencey, it will lead to many HW error, maybe they donot want to user destoryed the chip by over-clocking

It would be great to have an update on this - has the source code been released to ckolivas? Also, has lketc provided the information on how to overclock the miner? Pcfli some time ago I believe you stated that an lketc engineer wanted compensation ($$) to unlock miners?

Is it possible that their hesitancy to release the source code is tied to a desire to squeeze extra revenue from an unlocking option? Wink

Also, just in general, where should we be looking for firmware updates for the miner?
the over-clock can only be performed on the earliest type with 40 chips inside, it is impossible for the current version with 32 chips because it is already over-clocked, as for the open source, they didnot want to open it right now, at least in the near future, because they donot want to the competition get the driver code.

"Impossible" is a strong choice of words - in fact one of lketc's competitors (qiangminer - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6138945) is offering 'unlocked' clones (on which they will obviously not offer warranty). Given this: has lketc artificially locked maximum performance to a preset figure? I think I already know the answer to this (yes: ~1.02GHS max) but there it is.

Don't get me wrong; I can see how (from a manufacturer's POV) it might be be perfectly reasonable to lock performance e.g. to avoid damage to the product and to thereby avoid excessive warranty claims.

legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000
SafeHaven.Finance
I would like to respectfully request you post your hardware driver's custom modifications to the cgminer source code as per the agreed upon license when you chose to develop on cgminer.

Sorry, CK, i will transfer your opinion to the factory owner, but i canot promise anything, However, they did said they will let user to change frequency and other cgminer related factors into the controller windows, they said they just want to make the interface as simple as possible, i one ask them type both the chinese and english into the interface, but they prefer to choose two version because of that will make windows too complex, another issue is about the chip, it seems like when it runs at high frequencey, it will lead to many HW error, maybe they donot want to user destoryed the chip by over-clocking

It would be great to have an update on this - has the source code been released to ckolivas? Also, has lketc provided the information on how to overclock the miner? Pcfli some time ago I believe you stated that an lketc engineer wanted compensation ($$) to unlock miners?

Is it possible that their hesitancy to release the source code is tied to a desire to squeeze extra revenue from an unlocking option? Wink

Also, just in general, where should we be looking for firmware updates for the miner?

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
The Chinese can do what ever they want. it sucks, but sadly we will continue buying miners from China. I don't think this is going to stop many people.

Activity: 256
Because it's sterile...
The issue is not ckolivas's opinion or his request for the software even if he is the developer.  He released cgminer under a GNU general public license which allows modifications to the software, but in an effort to promote growth and open source those changes must be made public since the original code was public.

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/COPYING

The manufacturer is hopefully aware of these requirements.

legendary
SafeHaven.Finance

Activity: 311
The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!
I have faith that the machines are not scamming us. I am getting my paid for 1TH so I'm ok with it.
Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
I have 5 of these and 2 more on the way.  The entire driver and stuff to compile cgminer was deleted but never removed completely.  I can't access my desktop at the shop with my miners (Uverse is crapping the bed tonight).

From what I know their modified CGMiner just includes API for the LCD Screen built in.  Also Lketc did not build it, at least it's labaled in all files as from Innosilicon I'll try to remember to grab it off of there tomorrow and send to Ckolivas to see if they are just blatently using it claiming its REALLY modified.
Activity: 658
To be honest, i hate to see ppl violate opensource license. I would never trust a vendor that use opensource code and close source it.

I'm going on a limb and says until they release their source, they can make their miners to send 10% hashrate their way.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
If this is the same miner i have its:

Nancy -Hu
Lketc Group Limited
MSN:[email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]
          [email protected]
www.lktec.com
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

You must make an open letter to the manufacture. I believe Lee is just a reseller.
Thanks, who is the manufacturer?
Activity: 658

You must make an open letter to the manufacture. I believe Lee is just a reseller.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Can someone link to setup instructions for accessing the device and manually configuring cgminer.    In the future, any company selling hardware needs a support thread that has information for setting it up, you really do your customers a dis-service noting having that ready.  Thanks.
P.S. I tried to SSH into the IP on the LCD screen and it is not accessible.

Figured it out and here is a video I made for the 1TH Dragon Miner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVQkQ37BGhk

Nice, thanks.

So, what are your impressions now that you have tested the dragon?

Damn fine units overall.   Only grip I have is the lack of a dedicated support thread or English setup instruction in the box AND the case being taller than 4U.   

-D

Support thread here now: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-install-instruction-and-trouble-shoot-of-1t-dragon-miner-545642
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
Can someone link to setup instructions for accessing the device and manually configuring cgminer.    In the future, any company selling hardware needs a support thread that has information for setting it up, you really do your customers a dis-service noting having that ready.  Thanks.
P.S. I tried to SSH into the IP on the LCD screen and it is not accessible.

Figured it out and here is a video I made for the 1TH Dragon Miner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVQkQ37BGhk

Nice, thanks.

So, what are your impressions now that you have tested the dragon?

Damn fine units overall.   Only grip I have is the lack of a dedicated support thread or English setup instruction in the box AND the case being taller than 4U.   

-D
legendary
SafeHaven.Finance
Thanks for your support guys, i will try my best to keep my word, it is the base of my business and i will not allow it is destroyed
Activity: 327
pcfli is a man of his word. I purchased 1 unit w/ escrow and had it delivered on the day he claimed.

I am also having him host 3 more miners at his location, with a 4th on the way for the 5 April batch.

He has proven himself to be a very legitimate reseller/hoster and I've had zero issues so far.

Thanks pcfli and good luck on more sales.
Pages:
Jump to: