Pages:
Author

Topic: The Daily Bitcoin Show is now Let's Talk Bitcoin! Released Saturday & Tuesday - page 3. (Read 7524 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Another great episode.

You arent being overly critical at all, there isnt really such a thing when talking about the quality of audio recordings, high fidelity is where its at! Apologies if I am about to be overly critical though.

Some of the jingles and DJ voiceover parts could use a bit of work. But you obviously expected some kinks that need to be worked out as this is brand spanking new.

The woman doing the intro could be cut about a minute earlier, I like the information she is giving me but she takes too long (maybe spread that clip out over the entire show, but split into smaller more digestable tidbits), and im also not sure about the part where she says "your blockchains are long", of course they are long, if they were short I would be listening to the daily freicoin show Wink.

Also is that you doing the voiceover style parts such as "bitcoin booming" MTM? It sounds a little like you are forcing the "voiceover style" and that to me is a little bit ofa shame as you have a pretty good tone of voice for radio as it is Smiley don't try to make your voice sound like the typical movie voiceover guy and instead let it flow naturally Grin

Whatever happens, im a daily listener now lol, and I would have take the DEA approach regarding itunes and just say no to apple.

Keep up the good work you 3! (apologies if there are more than 3 of you lol)

I thrive on criticism so don't worry there - When you're talking about the announcer voice that was originally me, but we've cut all those parts - Were you talking about an old episode?

Right now I'm running non-stop to keep up with the editing schedule, today is the last day I'm editing-bitch, and I'm looking forward to improving some of these details when I have that time back.   The reason why (historically) I announcer-voice some things is because I don't like announcing myself - All of that has already gone away (unless i'm forgetting something in the last two episodes)

The format is really in flux, so while the content is pretty fixed at this point (News and discussion) all the details need work.

The team right now is three, next week we bring on Chris the editor and my wife as our office manager/my assistant - The response has been out of this world and I'm already falling behind on correspondence and promotion.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Caveat Emptor
Another great episode.

You arent being overly critical at all, there isnt really such a thing when talking about the quality of audio recordings, high fidelity is where its at! Apologies if I am about to be overly critical though.

Some of the jingles and DJ voiceover parts could use a bit of work. But you obviously expected some kinks that need to be worked out as this is brand spanking new.

The woman doing the intro could be cut about a minute earlier, I like the information she is giving me but she takes too long (maybe spread that clip out over the entire show, but split into smaller more digestable tidbits), and im also not sure about the part where she says "your blockchains are long", of course they are long, if they were short I would be listening to the daily freicoin show Wink.

Also is that you doing the voiceover style parts such as "bitcoin booming" MTM? It sounds a little like you are forcing the "voiceover style" and that to me is a little bit ofa shame as you have a pretty good tone of voice for radio as it is Smiley don't try to make your voice sound like the typical movie voiceover guy and instead let it flow naturally Grin

Whatever happens, im a daily listener now lol, and I would have take the DEA approach regarding itunes and just say no to apple.

Keep up the good work you 3! (apologies if there are more than 3 of you lol)
Activity: 728
Really great Cheesy an enjoyable and informative show!

All the best with keeping up with the schedule & please get it on itunes soon!

+1 for itunes, auto downloads save a lot of time.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I quite like your fledgling show. I have 2 (very) minor tweaks to suggest.

1) There seems to be ~3-4 seconds of silence before the intro. Can you just trim that off?
2) It would be great if this show were somewhere that could be easily subscribed.

Keep up the good work.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
enjoyed the show, but I didnt much like the intro and the audio effects. Intro was too long and the audio effects were weird.

Other than that, good stuff.

I also think you'd be better off making it a weekly show though rather than doing a daily.

jp
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Can't wait to listen to it! I've loved the first 3!
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Really great Cheesy an enjoyable and informative show!

All the best with keeping up with the schedule & please get it on itunes soon!
https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/the-daily-bitcoin-episode-4

Episode 4 is up and out for April 11th 2013

There were problems with Skype for Paul on this one, we're looking at alternatives like Mumble but for this episode the quality of his feed suffered. 

I am BUSHED good lord, I can't wait until we hire the editor on monday
Thanks for the comments everyone,

Thundertoe - Your show is interesting but a little hard for me to stay interested in.  I've done shows like that in the past and many times less is more, if you'd like to chat about strategies to help build an audience for your show I'd be happy to talk - I've been running multihost podcasts since 2005 and have a background in marketing and sales.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
your show is great we have a bitcoin show also we have just moved to youtube.. follow crypto kid we posted 3 hours of media starting before gox  came back online on 4/11/13 after the server upgrade.. listen to the show we have breaking bfl news.. listen in and pm me to join a boradcast. gogo bitcoin!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCja5YsqZI8alvv2Qbr3GDew
Activity: 196
Merit: 116
Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.
Episode 3 was GREAT.

I can't wait for tonight's episode 4.

legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
Very Nice! Keep up the great work.
In two to three hours
I've been selling the sponsor slots for next weeks show (Bitcoinstore.com and Foxycart) in a desperate attempt to procrastinate some audio problems away.   Paul had a shit connection today, it's making the show difficult - We're looking at alternatives to skype because this cannot happen.
When's the next episode?  Grin
There are 5-30 edits per minute to remove latency delays and filler phrases, right now it sounds rough because I'm doing most of the editing at the end of 18 hour work days - I know episode 3 had some echo issues because we upgraded Eli's microphone without knowing he was not using headphones - The better mic picked everybody elses's audio, I did my best to minimize the issue but it was still there.  That won't happen again as he understands the importance of headphones when recording.

The editing will get better, but I genuinely appreciate your feedback - I was wondering if I was just being overly critical.
I like it a lot.

But the intro/outro/bumpers... I think you could just say "Ok, and now in today's news"

Also I find the editing a bit unsettling.
Are you editing between sentences, or are you all just talking very very fast?

Anyhow, those are very minor issues.
Waiting for today's episode!  Grin
Cool stuff...

Very cool.
Definitely to follow the bitcoin news is more exciting than a criminal serial.

been waiting for this the whole time  Smiley wild ride it is...am in for more!!!!!!\m/

I'm sold!  Grin

Thanks everybody, What do you think of the new intro/outro/bumpers?   I've always felt introducing your own show is a bit like taking yourself to prom - Not exactly cool.
Do you plan on accepting advertisers?

Yes, the plan is to accept advertisers - Not many, two 30 second slots per show between segments, the woman who did our intro and out-tro is going to voice the advertiser segments as well.

If you're interested in advertising with The Daily Bitcoin, please email [email protected]
Maybe twice a week? Wed. Sat.?

Edit: actually after listening to the casual chat format (I liked it) maybe daily is possible (speaking from a listener's perspective this is). The grind of pumping it out might get to you but that is your call obviously.

We're doing this week worth of dailys, and then we're going to re-evaluate if we ran out of news, or feel like the workload is too nuts.    The intention is to hire an editor to take over the umms-and-ahhs removal from me, if that happens Daily becomes highly feasible for the long term without burning out.

I'm glad you like what we're doing
Activity: 504
Very cool.
Definitely to follow the bitcoin news is more exciting than a criminal serial.
Pages:
Jump to: