Pages:
Author

Topic: The deflationary problem - page 17. (Read 32479 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
June 04, 2011, 08:13:05 PM

Listen, this is a serious problem.

People think it's beneficial to stop the reward for generating new blocks.  They're wrong.  They're also idiots.  Maybe they're misinformed, but it's not a good position.

NO ONE should believe this.  It's stupid.  I don't know how people came to the conclusion.

You need to check your premises. 
I have to go too.  Later, no time for this.
June 04, 2011, 08:12:31 PM
yep it will require not world's top 10000000 most powerfull computers to attack some bitcoin transactions but world's top 999900 most powerful computers. Yapity yap, that must be a disaster....

Vladimir i'm discussing the future.

Right now the ecosystem is healthy.  An unhealthy one would be where reward stops for block generation.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
June 04, 2011, 08:11:46 PM

People think it's beneficial to stop the reward for generating new blocks.  They're wrong.  They're also idiots.  Maybe they're misinformed, but it's not a good position.

NO ONE should believe this.  It's stupid.  I don't know how people came to the conclusion.

You need to check your premises. 
June 04, 2011, 08:11:41 PM
This is not acceptable language.  This is your final warning.  Check yourself or I will.

-creighto
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
June 04, 2011, 08:10:22 PM
INFLATION IS GOOD for bitcoin.  It supports the hashing network.

You mum is GOOD for bitcoin... providing she doesn't charge to high.
June 04, 2011, 08:09:24 PM
Where do these lunatics come from?
Are you really that fucking stupid?  Seriously?  You don't see the problem?  If you're that stupid i feel sorry for you.  Is it an ego thing?  I hope so.

You started your topic stating:
In 2040 new block generation will stop

Which is plain wrong. If you think you have a valid point and would like to be trated seriously I'd suggest you correct that, and double-check the rest of your original post for errors.

And try to have some fun too.

Hash secures the network and miners don't make as much money, they'll stop mining.  Once hash goes down, value of bitcoins goes down.  Bitcoins are only worth the hash of the network.  Not their supply.  It's irrelevant.  You can fix supply, but if the network is insecure, they're not worth anything.

INFLATION IS GOOD for bitcoin.  It supports the hashing network.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
June 04, 2011, 08:07:30 PM
yep it will require not world's top 10000000 most powerfull computers to attack some bitcoin transactions but world's top 999900 most powerful computers. Yapity yap, that must be a disaster....

legendary
Live and Let Live
June 04, 2011, 08:07:27 PM
There's a simple fix to this solution.  Don't decrease intensives for people to mine.  Once you do you compromise the network.

I don't know why you people are so hostile to this.  It should be very easy to understand.

Other than you being retarded and not being able to use the 'forum search' function... (hint: it comes under the name 'search')

You make the assumption that because the hash-rate MAY be slower... the network differently is less secure.

What you fail to take into account is that the 'security environment' e.g. the total ammount of capital needed to 'attack' the network might make an attack prohibitively expensive...  even if the 'normal' hash rate is extremely low.

For example the hash rate might normally be 1/1000 the rate it is now.... (maybe)... but there is 1 000 000x the current hash rate available on demand if an attack is detected...

Therefore an adversary MUST gather 1 000 000x the current hash-rate to attack the network... even tho the normal hash-rate is 1 000 000 000 times lower.  (and the network is still secure).
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
June 04, 2011, 08:05:43 PM
Activity: 140
June 04, 2011, 08:05:00 PM
Are you really that fucking stupid?  Seriously?  You don't see the problem?  If you're that stupid i feel sorry for you.  Is it an ego thing?  I hope so.

You started your topic stating:
In 2040 new block generation will stop

Which is plain wrong. If you think you have a valid point and would like to be trated seriously I'd suggest you correct that, and double-check the rest of your original post for errors.

And try to have some fun too.
June 04, 2011, 08:04:25 PM
m8, the reward was effectively reduced almost in half a week ago (again)... so what?

The reward wasn't reduced.

The hash went up, security of the network went up, price went up.  Effective reward remained the same or increased.

If hash ever falls, the network becomes prone to attack.  A strong network is one with growing hash to keep ahead of potential attackers.

Removing block generation reward may reduce the number of miners.  If that happens, bitcoins will lose value.  Not gain.

June 04, 2011, 08:02:14 PM
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
June 04, 2011, 08:01:39 PM
m8, the reward was effectively reduced almost in half a week ago (again)... so what?
Activity: 140
June 04, 2011, 08:01:25 PM
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
June 04, 2011, 08:00:36 PM
June 04, 2011, 08:00:08 PM
There's a simple fix to this solution.  Don't decrease intensives for people to mine.  Once you do you compromise the network.

I don't know why you people are so hostile to this.  It should be very easy to understand.
June 04, 2011, 07:58:56 PM
You do realize that we already past the 500 most powerfull computers on earth COMBINED
I don't care.  This is today.  My hypothesis is for 2040.  If you don't understand this, i can't help you.

There's a reason to mine. You profit from transaction fees and new block generation reward.

IF YOU DO NOT KEEP INCREASING HASH THE NETWORK IS PRONE TO ATTACK.

That's a fact.  To claim inflation of bitcoins hurts the network is stupidity.  It creates a reason to mine.  Mining secures the network.  If you remove that reason to mine, the network will be compromised.

THE ONLY REASON BITCOINS ARE WORTH ANYTHING IS BECAUSE OF SECURITY.  If hash does not keep rising, the network will be compromised.  It's not a maybe.  It's a definite.

Yea, probably by the aliens from space  Grin
Listen dude.

It's pretty simple.

If you remove an incentive (money) to mine, you'll decrease hash.  That's a fact.

If you decrease hash the network is less secure.  That's a fact.

Why do you want less people mining?  Mining should be rewarded because it secures the network.  If we're decreasing the average time a block is rewarded, then mining is less profitable.  We don't want that.  It's stupid.
legendary
Live and Let Live
June 04, 2011, 07:58:32 PM
It's not a maybe.  It's a definite.

What is a maybe is that you don't understand how bitcoin works...

What a definite is that you are not God, therefore you cannot 'know' the future.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
June 04, 2011, 07:57:26 PM
Reward for blocks will stop in 2040.  Yes or no?

No, the block reward will not end in 2040.  It will not end until about 2129.
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
June 04, 2011, 07:57:16 PM
You do realize that we already past the 500 most powerfull computers on earth COMBINED
I don't care.  This is today.  My hypothesis is for 2040.  If you don't understand this, i can't help you.

There's a reason to mine. You profit from transaction fees and new block generation reward.

IF YOU DO NOT KEEP INCREASING HASH THE NETWORK IS PRONE TO ATTACK.

That's a fact.  To claim inflation of bitcoins hurts the network is stupidity.  It creates a reason to mine.  Mining secures the network.  If you remove that reason to mine, the network will be compromised.

THE ONLY REASON BITCOINS ARE WORTH ANYTHING IS BECAUSE OF SECURITY.  If hash does not keep rising, the network will be compromised.  It's not a maybe.  It's a definite.

Yea, probably by the aliens from space  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: