Pages:
Author

Topic: The destruction of the UK has started - page 2. (Read 2797 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
July 01, 2016, 07:38:29 PM
here's the answer everyone's been looking for and maybe it's the final word on the subject  http://thebrexitplan.com/

Nice one, thanks. This shows how big the mess is. No one has the solution to please everybody, so most people will be just waiting for someone to come with a magic wand. The wait may last years with growing discontentment everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
July 01, 2016, 04:49:15 PM
here's the answer everyone's been looking for and maybe it's the final word on the subject  http://thebrexitplan.com/
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
July 01, 2016, 04:13:56 PM
i found something interesting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farage-eu-referendum_uk_576e6585e4b08d2c56393f12

when it looked like a close win for remain (52-48 for remain) farage was suggesting a second referendum, that didnt happened because leave won.

Are his words coming back to haunt him? :S
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
June 30, 2016, 07:30:53 PM

Against the current? BoJo has been backed by 52% of the british people, so he's not exactly a loner, but I must say I really don't understand british politics. There's got to be something really wrong. How can the man who pushed so hard for brexit suddenly leaves the ship when he has the unique opportunity to steer it the way he said he would?

because he didn't expect to win? looks to me like he jumped on the bandwagon to set himself up for future leadership after the smoke had cleared. when he was looking down the barrel of taking responsibility for all the shit that flew up he ran for it.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
June 30, 2016, 07:25:44 PM
Well I applaud the UK for this gutsy move. I think the motto "united we stand" is overrated and long due for a revision anyway. People and countries alike have been brainwashed into thinking that being part of a collective is the only way to find solace, that they have to give up their individual identities for the "greater good". The world sorely needs a divergence from this engraved notion.

You can see something has gone wrong by looking at Bojo. Hey, this guy is the clear winner. As the leading conservative backing brexit, he will probably become the next prime minister. So he should be a happy man, dancing in the street, shooting out loud: We won! We won! But we don't see that. Why?

What did you expect? Moving against the current comes with a price but at the least the UK can be whole again and breathe normally again. I'd make that choice any day of the week, 365 days a year just so I can be true to myself instead of selling my identity to a bunch of fakes who couldn't care less about who I am but pretend to just the same.

Against the current? BoJo has been backed by 52% of the british people, so he's not exactly a loner, but I must say I really don't understand british politics. There's got to be something really wrong. How can the man who pushed so hard for brexit suddenly leaves the ship when he has the unique opportunity to steer it the way he said he would?

I guess the fracture inside the conservative party is bigger than I thought, and that's bad for the country. I thought there would be trouble with Scotland and Ireland but there's also trouble in Westminster.

PIFFLE
legendary
June 30, 2016, 06:41:58 PM
Well I applaud the UK for this gutsy move. I think the motto "united we stand" is overrated and long due for a revision anyway. People and countries alike have been brainwashed into thinking that being part of a collective is the only way to find solace, that they have to give up their individual identities for the "greater good". The world sorely needs a divergence from this engraved notion.

You can see something has gone wrong by looking at Bojo. Hey, this guy is the clear winner. As the leading conservative backing brexit, he will probably become the next prime minister. So he should be a happy man, dancing in the street, shooting out loud: We won! We won! But we don't see that. Why?

What did you expect? Moving against the current comes with a price but at the least the UK can be whole again and breathe normally again. I'd make that choice any day of the week, 365 days a year just so I can be true to myself instead of selling my identity to a bunch of fakes who couldn't care less about who I am but pretend to just the same.

I guess the fracture inside the conservative party is bigger than I thought, and that's bad for the country. I thought there would be trouble with Scotland and Ireland but there's also trouble in Westminster.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 30, 2016, 01:33:59 PM
Some years ago I remember the whole mess regarding the Lisbon Treaty, like we were all doomed by that treaty which was the beginning of EU dictatorship.
Now the UK leaving the EU and all the mess related.

Maybe that was the point: destroy the EU from the inside.
Who better than the UK could do that?

No crisis was sufficient to destroy the EU but this was the plan all along. And now I recognize it.

Of course.  It's explained here in a clip from the "Yes Minister", episode "The Devil You Know" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYqB0uTKlE
but i don't think so. i think time will decide that either it is their destruction or construction. you can see that so many other states are welling to become alie of the EU. and some already become their alie. i therefore can say that no one can say that it is the destruction or construction of EU.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 30, 2016, 06:32:29 AM
Some years ago I remember the whole mess regarding the Lisbon Treaty, like we were all doomed by that treaty which was the beginning of EU dictatorship.
Now the UK leaving the EU and all the mess related.

Maybe that was the point: destroy the EU from the inside.
Who better than the UK could do that?

No crisis was sufficient to destroy the EU but this was the plan all along. And now I recognize it.

Of course.  It's explained here in a clip from the "Yes Minister", episode "The Devil You Know" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYqB0uTKlE
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
June 30, 2016, 04:05:53 AM

Obviously there are a lot of threats and pressures that go on behind the scenes. It happened in Greece, and they are in worse trouble since they ignored their referendum, and continued to accept theft to support the insolvent German banks. Now it looks as if they will have to come out of the EU anyway, they are just a lot poorer for delaying it. I just hope that our politicians ( and people ) can stay strong enough to get out of the decaying EU. The big fear is the creature that will rise from the EU ashes.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
June 30, 2016, 12:48:39 AM

legendary
June 29, 2016, 06:41:26 PM

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 29, 2016, 02:09:36 AM
and who know that it is their construction or destruction. and what will happened in the future. I think they are in up side now. states are joining it and they are making aliens now. I think they will very soon make their position strong.
legendary
Activity: 1148
June 29, 2016, 01:22:54 AM
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 28, 2016, 10:40:25 PM
I've singled out the FUK because it made the news. But the more I think of it, the more I enjoy the british choice. I would love to see a united Ireland and an independent Scotland.

An independent Scotland will be a reality in the near future (before 2020), but I am afraid that your dream of an United Ireland might never happen. Earlier, the Catholics had a sharp advantage over the Unionists in high birth rates. But now the Catholic birth rate is going down, and the difference has vanished. Right now, there are more Unionists than Catholics in Ulster.
legendary
June 28, 2016, 07:43:17 PM
I disagree with your views. Every country has a dark chapter. Why single out UK?

The reason all these people are doing this is because the British public hasn't voted the way others have wanted so now they're all throwing tantrums and are either acting like it's the end of the world or that anybody who voted leave is 'Xenophobic' and 'Racist'.

I've singled out the FUK because it made the news. But the more I think of it, the more I enjoy the british choice. I would love to see a united Ireland and an independent Scotland.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
June 28, 2016, 11:47:10 AM
I disagree with your views. Every country has a dark chapter. Why single out UK?

The reason all these people are doing this is because the British public hasn't voted the way others have wanted so now they're all throwing tantrums and are either acting like it's the end of the world or that anybody who voted leave is 'Xenophobic' and 'Racist'.

Can you stop painting the picture that the whole world is calling your poor brexiters racist and xenophobes?

If i run a software to search for the words racist and xenophobe on bct i will bet 5 btc that lethn is the one who uses the two words the most.

It is like you try to get support by whining about how everyone is a lier by acussing  you as a racist even though 99% of the time it doesnt happen .

legendary
Activity: 1540
June 28, 2016, 12:35:34 AM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
June 28, 2016, 12:24:21 AM

Yeah, this needs to be stamped out quick. Some people are gonna be pretty pissed when the penny drops that leaving the EU isn't going to stop immigration.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 27, 2016, 09:37:25 PM
I feel British and like it as a term. It offers a nice bit of dilution. I don't really relate to Englishness. I grew up in England but I've spent lots of time in Scotland and am largely Scottish but found their chippiness about everything down South pretty fucked up.

Never knew sectarianism existed up there either until I came across it which blew my mind completely. No one seems to mention that and it's a 100% non issue in England.

If Scotland does wangle an EU remain, and I really dunno how, I'll probably go for a passport as long as they don't make any demands of me. I've spent years in Europe and wish to continue doing so in the easiest manner.

This referendum is most definitely the catalyst for it all to fall apart.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 08:02:56 PM
The UK has never really been united. I'm English, and British is now such a devalued description, that only the immigrants seem to use it with conviction. I think the Scots, Irish, Welsh and even the Cornish seem to feel the same way. If it turns out that only England comes out of the  EU, then I am happy with that. I'd be sad to lose the contributions made by the other members of the UK, but getting out of the EU and TTIP must be our number one priority. Actually this tribalism is common in many countries - look at Spain and France for example. It's even in America. When I was over there, some people would think of themselves as Texans ( for example ) first, and Americans second.

Well, I think of myself as a man. That's it. I have no sense of belonging to whatever...

Back to the subject, the problem is that the referendum made England+Scotland+Wales+Ireland even less united than they were. It wasn't easy to say how a Scot was different from an English, but Nicola Sturgeon can claim how different they are because they support the EU. Scotland is now much stronger, and that will make difficult to manage in Westminster. So something will have to break.
Pages:
Jump to: