Pages:
Author

Topic: The DigiPiglet Journey - page 6. (Read 1977 times)

Activity: 1941
Merit: 375
Cryptoshi Blockomoto
September 10, 2019, 01:59:15 PM
this is a very nice project/idea.  Smiley

I would like to be next in line. I am located in EU

DigiPiglet, please send me a PM with details.

Concerning trust issues,  it would be nice whoever holds the DigiPiglet, to post here the user that they will send it next.

Hence, we will avoid situations being contacted by strangers asking for our shipping details. Another idea is  "DigiPiglet" to coordinate the DigiPiglet exchanges.

I am one of the (few for the moment) Kickstarter backers. Fingers crossed the campaign will get funded eventually :-)

wish you all the best on the success of both Kickstarter & DigiPiglet Journey.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
September 09, 2019, 12:13:57 PM
It was nice meeting you and indeed I'm very happy to participate with this!
I've just sent little over €5 to the DigiPiglet's public address and I'm ready to send it over to someone else.

Now, I'm still doubting who I should send it to, so if there are people here on Bitcointalk who would like to participate, let me know.
I know Stomachgrowls was interested in getting a DigiPiglet, so this might be a chance for you to look at it? Wink
Anyone else may participate as well, I have no problem shipping it to the US or Europe. Some basic level of trust is needed though, so trust scores on Bitcointalk do matter Smiley

I can personally attest that the people behind this project are trustworthy and that the money will go to the right place in the end (with proof of course)!
Activity: 66
Merit: 42
September 09, 2019, 11:44:15 AM
Hello everyone

inspired by the Lightning Network Trust Chain, I came up with the idea to do the same with physical Bitcoin, in order to promote the Kickstarter campaign for DigiPiglets. I talked to and met with eternalgloom, as he was happy to participate and give some advice.

Key Facts:

1. Like a collection basket, the DigiPiglet gets handed from person to person (100 people in total), each putting in at least 5€ ($5,50) in Bitcoin on the DigiPiglet Public Bitcoin Address.
2. The person holding the piglet decides who the next trustworthy recipient is.
3. The 99th recipient sends it back to me.
4. I unload the balance and send the money to a Venezuelan Charity Organization (sending it physically would be too risky).
5. If the Kickstarter campaign for DigiPiglets gets funded, each participant receives a free DigiPiglet. Just link us on any mayor social media site or here on bitcointalk (We're on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Steemit)

The piglet is hollow, the only copy of the private key is inside the piglet. To reach it, you'd have to cut it open

DigiPiglet's first recipient

The goal is to do some good for the Venezuelan people, bring Bitcoin back to the minds of people and get some attention to the Kickstarter campaign. The DigiPiglet is one of two prototypes that we've created for this idea. It's made of a squishy material, fun to play around with and serves as a simple piggy bank for Bitcoin.

Thanks to eternalgloom for being the first to receive the DigiPiglet on its journey

What do you guys think? Anybody interested in participating?

DigiPiglets Journey on DigiPiglets.com

Other threads: Project Development, Collectibles

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: