Pages:
Author

Topic: The DT system needs to change. - page 3. (Read 799 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 1
August 10, 2022, 10:40:22 AM
I don't think that DT1 trust feedback really matters. I mean, it does indeed mark your account in red and it looks bad, I guess, but so what ?

Personally, I don't really care about the rank or status of the person who gave someone a red tag, but rather the comment given and the reference link are far more important to look at, and if someone is going to make a trade with another forum member, simply looking at their green to red ratio on their profile is not a good indicator of that person's legitimacy.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
August 10, 2022, 10:28:51 AM
Any better DT system are you people proposing?

For DT2, net of 1, but with a minimum of 2 DT1 inclusions seems like it would be an improvement to start with. DT1 is more complicated, I guess it is difficult and no one has a 100% clear idea.
Activity: 840
Merit: 612
August 10, 2022, 10:28:08 AM
Am just thinking how important is this? I understand it will reduce significant number of DT2 users and their feedback wouldn't appeared on trusted feedback. But what I mean is, which those DT2 users are leaving a wrong feedback that theymos need to adjust the current DT system with this one? AFAIK I don't see that problem.

It's a good proposal, but currently we're not really need it. The same happen like the problem of self scratching it's still not a big issue.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
August 10, 2022, 10:27:57 AM
resulting in the most popular of the choices: Net of 1, but with a minimum of 2 DT1 Inclusions.
About 27 users joined that poll, which is a low number to generalize the opinion of the community.
But, I would expect majority of the community to be in agreement with a net inclusion of 1 and minimum of 2 inclusions. This would help curb users getting placed into DT2 by increasing the entry barrier.
Maybe theymos organizes a more publicized poll to reach a decision.

Some honest users might be affected by such a cut, but if their judgement can be trusted by one DT1 users, then they can always be trusted by another overtime, as long as they are active in the trust system.

I don't know if even now that will seem too little.
Higher than the above suggestion may make it too steep for new users to get included.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
August 10, 2022, 10:10:50 AM
It is not my idea, it is an idea that circulates quite a lot in the Reputation section, to the point that some DT members have cleared their trust list, and others say they are thinking about it.

DireWolfM14's thread is indicative of the community's thoughts on the subject of requirements for DT2, resulting in the most popular of the choices: Net of 1, but with a minimum of 2 DT1 Inclusions.

I don't know if even now that will seem too little.

I open the thread to comment on the issue and hope that theymos ends up taking some action or at least saying something in the thread about what he thinks.

Pages:
Jump to: