Pages:
Author

Topic: The economic model behind Bitcoin is flawed - page 5. (Read 14061 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
December 12, 2015, 02:15:40 PM
Then you have to deal with the fact that people during the last 100 years have become much richer overall, despite all the fiat floating around since then. Otherwise, you will have a hard time proving that "for more than 100 years fiat has been a parasite living off people across the world"...

Since becoming richer and better off is surely not something you would expect from the victim of a parasite

It is certainly off topic but I'm still interested in what you might possibly mean by "people have become much richer".  Perhaps a reference to improvement of infrastructure on global average, e.g. more running water, or technological progress?  Clearly the population has hugely increased

You still have to explain this. Given all your courage you should necessarily be granted the chance to be the first (to fall, wow):

Note the exponential growth after 1950

World population grew a lot, but large part of the growth was in Africa and Asia.
A complete picture here:

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 12, 2015, 01:45:03 PM
Irregardless of your metric, this is hardly an argument in favor of rule-by-counterfeitters.   

Consider a similar argument: 

"I've been slamming every finger hard in the door every morning since I was 6 years old.  Now I'm 12 and look how much taller I am!  Everyone should slam their fingers in the door.  So successful!" 

In fact, I never said that a monetary system based on fiat is the only factor contributing to the increase in the well-being of the majority of population (which you yourself tacitly seem to agree with), or that it is such a factor at all. But I can think in reverse, wow. That is, even if it can't be said that fiat does somehow contribute to the wealth of society (personally, I think that it helps greatly), it can be said with surety that a monetary system based on gold (or any asset, for that matter), i.e. so-called "sound" money, absolutely does not, in no case...

Can you think in reverse too, lol?

legendary
December 12, 2015, 01:28:40 PM
individual's fraction of ownership of the whole shebang has gone down.  Of course none of this has anything to do with being robbed blind due to stupidity of accepting counterfeitable dimensionless units in exchange for labor but

You are downright wrong on this, bro. The fact that you say this pretty much proves than you know nothing (despite all your brass and gas) about economics, why and how exactly the society's real wealth gets increased over time. Even per capita with an ever growing population, notwithstanding whatever Malthusians would say...

In fact, the growing population is a requirement for the increase in wealth

I am still curious what metric you refer to which has increased in 100 years

The metric is pretty simple (I have already mentioned it), and it is directly related to the exponential growth of population during the last 60 years...

There's a cookie for you
legendary
December 12, 2015, 01:19:38 PM
I hate to interject, but didn't the population increase exponentially due to the end of World War 2 and the lack of wars between developed countries thereafter? There is also more globalization and so that ended up occurring during that period, so I would assume that a lot of the growth was related to that. I could be wrong.

You obviously forget about the threat of an all-out full-scale nuclear war between the major superpowers back then (well, and now too), something that doesn't quite warrant the idea of runaway reproduction. Besides, the growth started circa 1800, i.e. well before the last world war. There had been Napoleonic wars and Franco-Prussian War in Europe as well as the Civil War in the US, and the First World War in between these dates...

So what about globalization and its effects on the population growth rates? How are they interconnected, if at all?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
December 12, 2015, 01:12:25 PM
Then you have to deal with the fact that people during the last 100 years have become much richer overall, despite all the fiat floating around since then. Otherwise, you will have a hard time proving that "for more than 100 years fiat has been a parasite living off people across the world"...

Since becoming richer and better off is surely not something you would expect from the victim of a parasite

It is certainly off topic but I'm still interested in what you might possibly mean by "people have become much richer".  Perhaps a reference to improvement of infrastructure on global average, e.g. more running water, or technological progress?  Clearly the population has hugely increased, meaning that individual's fraction of ownership of the whole shebang has gone down.  Of course none of this has anything to do with being robbed blind due to stupidity of accepting counterfeitable dimensionless units in exchange for labor but I am still curious what metric you refer to which has increased in 100 years

You still have to explain this. Given all your courage you should necessarily be granted the chance to be the first (to fall, lol):

I hate to interject, but didn't the population increase exponentially due to the end of World War 2 and the lack of wars between developed countries thereafter? There is also more globalization and so that ended up occurring during that period, so I would assume that a lot of the growth was related to that. I could be wrong.
legendary
December 12, 2015, 01:02:34 PM

It is certainly off topic but I'm still interested in what you might possibly mean by "people have become much richer".  Perhaps a reference to improvement of infrastructure on global average, e.g. more running water, or technological progress?  Clearly the population has hugely increased

You still have to explain this. Given all your courage you should necessarily be granted the chance to be the first (to fall, wow):

legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
December 12, 2015, 12:54:57 PM
Special kudos to deisik for taking the impossible devils advocate position in this thread Smiley
However, lets not get too carried away.    

So do you have any questions to the fiat model itself? I don't quite get your point. The fact that it can be and is heavily abused doesn't in the least take from the fact that it is the best monetary system in existence today from an economic stand-point.

I lolled!!  It is tough to match that statement but I will try:  

Shooting yourself in the head is also the best way to extend your lifespan from a medical standpoint.    

Or how about:  letting somebody steal your coat is the best way to keep warm.  

It is certainly off topic but I'm still interested in what you might possibly mean by "people have become much richer".  Perhaps a reference to improvement of infrastructure on global average, e.g. more running water, or technological progress?  Clearly the population has hugely increased, meaning that individual's fraction of ownership of the whole shebang has gone down.  Of course none of this has anything to do with being robbed blind due to stupidity of accepting counterfeitable dimensionless tokens in exchange for labor but I am still curious what metric you refer to which has increased in 100 years.  

Irregardless of your metric, this is hardly an argument in favor of rule-by-counterfeitters.   

Consider a similar argument: 

"I've been slamming every finger hard in the door every morning since I was 6 years old.  Now I'm 12 and look how much taller I am!  Everyone should slam their fingers in the door.  So successful!" 

legendary
December 12, 2015, 11:51:37 AM

First, two world wars killed billions of people, so the rest of the people get to share a little bit more resources on the planet

Billions of people, wow?! What did I miss? The world population on the eve of WWII was only slightly above 2 billions of people, and around 1.7 billion in 1914, before the First World War started. By the way, the Spanish flu of 1920 killed in one year more people than had been killed during the four years of the First World War. And just smallpox killed by far more people that all wars combined (literally billions of people throughout history)...

So your argument of "a little bit more resources" is inconsequential at best

You did not count those dead people's children and grand children?

Just in case, it is estimated that smallpox alone killed about 500 million (sic) people in the 20th century only, until the decease was finally extinguished in the late 70s (that is, within 80 years). Are you going to count those dead people's unborn children and their grandchildren or what? It should have spared humanity a lot more resources than the two world wars combined, right? What about the Black Death then, when half of the European population died within just a few years in the mid-14th century? Did it make those who managed to survive richer and their lives better?

You are treading on a very slippery path going this way, the Malthusian way
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
December 12, 2015, 11:42:35 AM
Second, people's productivity raised by hundreds of times due to technology advancement, but their income just increased by 10 times, they indeed became richer, but their slave master became millions of times richer, that is the huge wealth gap we observe since removing of the gold standard

There is no linear dependence between productivity growth and the wealth of society. And I'm doubtful about the productivity growth in terms of hundreds of times (during the last 100 years, at least), though I understand what made you think so. Obviously, you don't know what actually moves the society to the next level of wealth. Hint, this is not productivity per se, but since you think it is, you should necessarily gauge its growth so much (given the growth in total wealth). But this is irrelevant because you obviously prefer that we were all equal in poverty (under the gold standard) rather than different in wealth (after we moved to fiat)...

Are you a communist, johny, Swedish style?

Are you a central banker or something?

So I agree to whatever your economy belief, I will print money and you work, I'm fine with that
legendary
Beyond Imagination
December 12, 2015, 11:38:51 AM

First, two world wars killed billions of people, so the rest of the people get to share a little bit more resources on the planet

Billions of people, wow?! What did I miss? The world population on the eve of WWII was only slightly above 2 billions of people, and around 1.7 billion in 1914, before the First World War started. By the way, the Spanish flu of 1920 killed in one year more people than had been killed during the four years of the First World War. And just smallpox killed by far more people that all wars combined (literally billions of people throughout history)...

You did not count those dead people's children and grand children?
legendary
December 12, 2015, 07:34:21 AM
Those who make up this system are us, so we are doing this to ourselves and by ourselves due to our human nature. Those who come to question the system, get to the point of inventing the idea of an oppressor (Obama, Putin, Bush, etc), which we should reach out to and get down with...

When, in fact, they should be more concerned with their own lives, amen

So this monetary system is a result of peoples' human nature and the masses have brought this system upon themselves?

If you have been reading not only my posts (wow) but also the posts I replied to, you would have seen that "this system" referred to something else, surely not to a monetary system of society. Actually, it was more about the structure and organization of it that we have, or just the society that we live in...

I think we are not slaves in our nature, it`s more like this system make us like that. It was like that before thousands of years and its like that now. Politic and faith is what deceive us all the time for sure. And as long we trust in this things and make idols from this kind of people (Obama, Putin, Bush... many, many more...) we will be in this economic slavery period. In that system for some people will be good, for many more will be not so good. I dont think we can rise our conscience in some near future.

Then yes, the masses have brought "that system" upon themselves all by themselves. Otherwise, who did this really, some "bad guys" that we should find and punish? There are no genuine "bad guys" out there (Putin or no Putin)...

And why are you constantly trying to misinterpret my words, wtf?
legendary
December 12, 2015, 06:48:29 AM
Second, people's productivity raised by hundreds of times due to technology advancement, but their income just increased by 10 times, they indeed became richer, but their slave master became millions of times richer, that is the huge wealth gap we observe since removing of the gold standard

There is no linear dependence between productivity growth and the wealth of society. And I'm doubtful about the productivity growth in terms of hundreds of times (during the last 100 years, at least), though I understand what made you think so. Obviously, you don't know what actually moves the society to the next level of wealth. Hint, this is not productivity per se, but since you think it is, you should necessarily gauge its growth so much (given the growth in total wealth). But this is irrelevant because you obviously prefer that we were all equal in poverty (under the gold standard) rather than different in wealth (after we moved to fiat)...

Are you a communist, johny, Swedish style?
legendary
December 12, 2015, 06:40:12 AM

Billions of people, wow?! What did I miss? The world population on the eve of WWII was only slightly above 2 billions of people, and around 1.7 billion in 1914, before the First World War started. By the way, the Spanish flu of 1920 killed in one year more people than had been killed during the four years of the First World War. And just smallpox killed by far more people than all wars combined (literally billions of people throughout history)...

legendary
December 12, 2015, 06:34:44 AM
It is going too far to say that the economy should have ethical actors?
It is called political economy because the state is a big player and you cannot separate the politics of the state from its influence on the economy

This is beyond the scope of the question raised in this topic. As an aside, you could have the most "sound" monetary system that you can only dream of married to the most atrocious form of slavery that history has ever seen. It is not the makeup of an economic model that can and should be judged ethically. Honestly, I think you are just trying to find any pretext to push your ideas...

Is it going too far to say that mathematics should have ethical actors?
I did not see you address my point that political economy is the true nature of economics and that the state cannot be separated from the economy. In the West, we have the rule of law which exists so that we can ethically judge what happens in the political economy. In Communist China for instance, there is no rule of law so the mathematics of the economy is not constrained by ethics, but the system is against man's nature because property rights are in the nature of man and the ancient concept of justice (which is really "just exchangement") is the proper goal of any political economy

And so what? Economics (as a set of economic, monetary, fiscal methods) is a tool with which the state sets up its economy, but this doesn't in the least prevent us from 1) considering these methods (and models that they implement) separately from the state on a purely technical (i.e. economic) basis, and 2) assessing their efficiency in attaining the aims that the state tries to achieve. I don't know whether you understand it yourself, but if your claims that economic models (e.g. monetary models) should be ethically judged were to be taken seriously, then your "sound" money system should have been written off long ago as the most atrocious, hideous, and revolting system in the known history since it was the primary economic (monetary) model behind the most inhuman and brutal political systems that ever existed...

In fact, your own view taken to its logical conclusion actually reveals that fiat is by far more "humane" than any other monetary system out there (that were tested on a society level)
legendary
Beyond Imagination
December 12, 2015, 06:01:34 AM
You are uninformed and seem to be obsessed with that, lol. I asked you to choose the year right to check how familiar you are with the question. You failed the test, wow. One of the reasons to establish the Fed (as you may remember, in 1913, i.e. almost 60 years before 1971) was a recurrent shortage of liquidity, that is, the true dollars that were fully backed up by gold. The Fed was allowed to print its Federal Reserve notes that were required to be covered in gold only partially. In 1933 the former were abandoned altogether, and the latter became what is today known as the US dollar. Nixon had to cancel the gold content of the dollar since France (and a few other countries) demanded to exchange their dollar reserves for gold in the second half of the 60s. The US dollar had fully divorced gold long before that...

Many consider year 1933 as the end of the gold standard epoch

Anyway, no meaning in arguing over details, let's say that creating money out of nothing has been existing since 1913, then we have more reason to flee it since the scam has been going on for more than 100 years

legendary
December 12, 2015, 05:21:27 AM
It seems that I am in great company: Jefferson, Webster, Washington, Kennedy...
all were conspiracy theorists if you actually read what they wrote!

I pretty much don't care. I'm not interested in expanding this issue any further here since it is of no interest to me. You can hardly say anything that I haven't heard before. I hope you understand also it is quite off-topic in this thread and surely deserves its own one, though, most likely, not in the Economics section
legendary
December 12, 2015, 05:20:55 AM
And in the U.S. we have illegal debtors prisons, mass surveillance, indefinite detention, and the largest population of prisoners on the planet all thanks to the bankers who brought about this system (of legalized slavery). I would post details about how exactly it got this way, but I doubt you will read any of my sources.
Conspiracy theorist detected, wow. It is our nature that we don't want to take the responsibility for our lives. We want that someone else would take it for us and instead of us. As humans we don't want to be free in general. The bad guys (bankers, illiminati, aliens, whatever) are there to blame them, to keep us from going insane with insecurity of our life and our inborn fears, a foothold to stand on. You can't force or bestow freedom upon anyone...

Big Brother is watching you

Even the animals want to be free. Man's nature is freedom and with freedom comes responsibility. The tendency of man to run away from his problems is by no means an inherent feature of man's psyche; actually, man is a creature of reason and to blank-out the mind in an attempt to escape is anti-reason

You are again distorting the meaning of words as you see fit. Humans like animals want their familiar surroundings and habitat (their way of life, in short). Man is a social being (a handy substitute when you just wanted to say herd animal, lol), and as such he is willing and naturally predisposed to delegate the responsibility for his actions and life to some bellwether, meaning that obedience and submission are built-in features in him...

Still wanna talk about what is Man's nature?
legendary
December 11, 2015, 02:00:12 PM

So basically you are claiming that:
"Since the economy has grown then there is nothing wrong with the system, in terms of utility."

Actually, I have already posted what I claim (just in case, as a reply to your post), though you seem to have missed it (or just decided to ignore). But never mind, I can post it again, wtf...

People overall are living much better today than they lived some 100 years ago (just when fiat began to take over the so-called "sound" money). I'm not even mentioning the miserable conditions the total majority of population lived 500 years ago. That would simply be beyond comparison. You may indeed question the validity of this assertion (that people live better today), but you can't possibly deny the explosive growth of population as well as human lifespan...

As you can see, I don't even mention the economic growth as such
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
December 11, 2015, 01:22:24 PM
Virtually all nations have a central bank based upon the fiat model, and virtually all are controlled by the same cartel.
I've only been bouncing around this thread, but what are you implying here? Exactly what cartel controls all the central banks in the world?
I am making a correction to my statement above in bold.

A search engine can answer that question. I did a search and found that this page has some good answers; you do have to read the whole page from top to bottom (including comments) to get a real understanding, so I will not be quoting any short answers:
http://henrymakow.com/2013/07/do-the-rothschilds-own-all.html
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115
★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!
December 11, 2015, 01:03:24 PM
Virtually all nations have a central bank based upon the fiat model, and all are controlled by the same cartel.

I've only been bouncing around this thread, but what are you implying here? Exactly what cartel controls all the central banks in the world?
Pages:
Jump to: