Pages:
Author

Topic: The EFT and ETF thing is causing a lot of confusion. - page 4. (Read 634 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 251
PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN
the general public does not care because they do not understand it, crypto needs to know from the bottom of where it comes out and how the system is, they are reluctant to dig themselves because of the limited time they have
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
I don't think we can call it "general public". your own example only mentions one person so you can't make such conclusion and people who don't know the difference between ETF and EFT don't really pay them much attention in first place.

I think that if you go out in the city and start asking people what those two are you won't get more than 5-10% correct answers.

Yeah, the general public doesn't care about those, that's the reality.
Every time I take a break from the forum (as each week I have two 12h guard service) I don't hear anything about cryptos, banking, and others as my friends, my family, my colleagues have 0 to...none  Grin interest in it.

The general public doesn't care about things he doesn't deal with daily. A lot of us get so involved in crypto that we tend to forget 98% of the people out there haven't touched a coin yet.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
A lot of people and media are using these abbreviations, because they are simply to lazy to type the whole thing and

obviously  because it is more convenient and it saves time, but the average person on the street gets confused with the

abbreviations that are very similar to each other. The whole concept are lost on someone, if they know very little about the

topic that are under discussion and some of them are also too lazy to dig a little deeper.
article and assume that they know what it is all about>  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
I don't think we can call it "general public". your own example only mentions one person so you can't make such conclusion and people who don't know the difference between ETF and EFT don't really pay them much attention in first place. and the newbies who follow the hype without understanding are just following the current like a leaf dropped in a river! they know what the FUD of that day is telling them to know.
Activity: 255
Merit: 10
Yes, ETF and EFT are really confusing. Many people think ETF is a coin or a super project. I think people expect so much of it that there's so much news on social media right now.
Activity: 154
Merit: 47
I think an ETF being approved for Bitcoin would undoubtedly be a positive thing for crypto in general, as it would give a little more trust to crypto from the bigger investors perspective. That said, why anyone in crypto would actually want an ETF (for themselves) is absolutely beyond me.

Give me the actual Bitcoin with the private keys every single time! Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
You can be sure that there is much more confusions for those people, but at least you can tell them such things that are not technical.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
I spoke to someone today and they told me that they read somewhere that Bitcoin crashed, because some stock exchanges

does not want to allow Bitcoin EFTs.  Roll Eyes  I stopped him and explained that a EFT Electronic funds transfer is the

electronic transfer of money from one bank account to another and a ETF is an exchange-traded fund. { an investment fund

traded on stock exchanges }

The general public is getting confused between ETFs and EFTs now.  Roll Eyes  We have a lot of work, guys and gals.  Grin

Not a big deal after all. If those persons will continue to move forward they will be aware of it soon.

No need to briefly explained what those terms are.

I believed they aren't confused, it's just that abbreviations are mixed up but we should know what they want to deliver.

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
The general public has never owned a stock and doesn't know what any of terms are. The investment world knows these and we don't need to teach them.
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
Actually I am just hearing this and its surprising. I hope this is not going to cause another panic and confusion in the Crypto community. I hope we can have some clear differences between these terms so everyone can know what's being referred to at any time.
Activity: 126
Merit: 25
I'm eagerly waiting to see how you're going to explain to the total newbie in crypto about the ETH ETF and the ETF ETF  Grin

It's too early in the morning to figure out this sentence and I haven't had enough coffee yet  Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I must say you are very funny at the way you arrested the FUD. Some persons just want to hear that something negative has happen to bitcoin or maybe one government from "Cassava Island" has shutdown bitcoin network, and of which they have read is not possible. Today I had a chat with an old time friend whom I told about bitcoin last year and he replied "hey boy this thing will crash". He will be visiting me so I teach him about bitcoin network.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
I spoke to someone today and they told me that they read somewhere that Bitcoin crashed, because some stock exchanges

does not want to allow Bitcoin EFTs.  Roll Eyes  I stopped him and explained that a EFT Electronic funds transfer is the

electronic transfer of money from one bank account to another and a ETF is an exchange-traded fund. { an investment fund

The general public is getting confused between ETFs and EFTs now.  Roll Eyes  We have a lot of work, guys and gals.  Grin

For the average person, just tell them that if they aren't heavily involved with with things like stocks and shares, they don't even need to pay attention to ETFs.  It's just a bunch of IOU contracts for derivatives traders and hedge fund managers to gamble with.  Most of the people I know will never go near an ETF in their lifetime and they have very few interests in common with the big institutional investors.  It's like a different world, almost.  Let the "fat cats" have their plaything.  Ordinary people can obtain more tangible benefits by holding real bitcoins.  
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
Last week I read in the altcoin discussion a post from one guy who was saying that you should not invest in the upcoming ETF as it's a scam and he should put his money into ETC.
Initially, I was thinking he is just a spammer but guess what, ETF is also a coin Tongue

I'm eagerly waiting to see how you're going to explain to the total newbie in crypto about the ETH ETF and the ETF ETF  Grin

Personally, I've never used the term of EFT in my whole life and google has the same opinion, for it, EFT is primarily Emotional Freedom Techniques 

And secondly, why should everybody know about those terms? Less than 0.001% will actually need to know what it means.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

Pages:
Jump to: