Pages:
Author

Topic: The Ethereum Paradox - page 46. (Read 99876 times)

Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!
February 20, 2016, 05:37:22 AM
Okay fine.

I am warning all fuckers, I am tired of BS attacks on me. I will P3WN anyone who attacks me and hasn't done their homework. Please at least make your attacks interesting and challenging for me.

And the blabla goes on and on and on and on and............................................................................ ....................
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
February 19, 2016, 11:31:59 PM
Okay fine.

I am warning all fuckers, I am tired of BS attacks on me. I will P3WN anyone who attacks me and hasn't done their homework. Please at least make your attacks interesting and challenging for me.

FTR I wasn't attacking you in any manner.  I was simply pointing out the absurdity of "the brace debate" when its used as a means to gauge someones abilities as a developer.

What the code does and its architectural structure, not how its formatted, should be the only real metric used to gauge abilities surely?

Anyway, happy coding (or whatever you are doing next).
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 19, 2016, 11:24:30 PM
Okay fine.

legendary
February 19, 2016, 11:21:52 PM
Expert programmers that like braces on the next line use MOAR screens Smiley

Turning your head is as wasteful/distracting as scrolling. Multiple screens are for testing and meta information, not for the code typically. If you were expert, you'd know this.

Fuserleer as far as I know, you can only program in Java and that is all. So I presume you have very little knowledge of functional programming and other concepts such as Type theory, High-kinded types, functional polymorphism, etc..

lmao! It's these sweeping statements of assumption from you that really make me chuckle....yeah, sure, I only know Java [/sarcasm]

So let's hear you display some knowledge of functional polymorphism? Explain ML functors? What is a type class and why are there no inductive types in Haskell?

Etc..

Why? So we can get in an argument at 3am, I don't think so, I've got stuff to do, you've got coding to do (apparently).

I wanted to present my opinion on the "brace debate" that I've come across many times, I have, I'm done Smiley

BTW: MOAR screens was supposed to be a joke.....
February 19, 2016, 11:17:37 PM

Turning your head is as wasteful/distracting as scrolling. Multiple screens are for testing and meta information, not for the code typically. If you were expert, you'd know this.

Fuserleer as far as I know, you can only program in Java and that is all. So I presume you have very little knowledge of functional programming and other concepts such as Type theory, High-kinded types, functional polymorphism, etc..

lmao! It's these sweeping statements of assumption from you that really make me chuckle....yeah, sure, I only know Java [/sarcasm]

So let's hear you display some knowledge of functional polymorphism? Explain ML functors? What is a type class and why are there no inductive types in Haskell?

Etc..
legendary
February 19, 2016, 11:11:03 PM
Sigh the losers who have nothing better to do than make useless noise posts.  Roll Eyes

Since Fuserleer has a problem with his vision, I've increased the font size for him.

which wastes vertical space (expert programmers like to maximize the LOC they can view without scrolling). ... This sort of unnecessary structuralization of code is meaningful to junior programmers who think it works some kind of magic.

He sure loves to waste vertical space and make it appear his code has more LOC than it does! 3 line comments for 3 words. Makes me think he gets confused quickly if code is dense.

February 19, 2016, 11:04:17 PM
Sigh the losers who have nothing better to do than make useless noise posts.  Roll Eyes

Since Fuserleer has a problem with his vision, I've increased the font size for him.

which wastes vertical space (expert programmers like to maximize the LOC they can view without scrolling). ... This sort of unnecessary structuralization of code is meaningful to junior programmers who think it works some kind of magic.

He sure loves to waste vertical space and make it appear his code has more LOC than it does! 3 line comments for 3 words. Makes me think he gets confused quickly if code is dense.

And Fuseleer conveniently ignored the main point (presumably because he doesn't understand it):

He is not at all using functional programming and instead creating procedures (i.e. have side-effects) which is known to produce spaghetti code (brittle code).

Throwing exceptions puts the program in a state of indeterminism!

Quote from: myself
Catching an exception puts the program in a random state, because...

Edit: Fuserleer why were you banned?
legendary
February 19, 2016, 10:54:15 PM
I am glancing at John's (VNL's) code now. I notice he likes to put the opening brace on the next line, which wastes vertical space (expert programmers like to maximize the LOC they can view without scrolling). And he places a redundant 'break;' after 'default;' but this is form of protecting against future human error code edits. This sort of unnecessary structuralization of code is meaningful to junior programmers who think it works some kind of magic.

Ahh the good old brace debate.

Calling judgement on someones coding ability based on where they like to have the brace is quite ridiculous IMO.  I've come across it a few times in the past and I never understood the hang up about it, some people like it on the same line, some people like it on the next...it says nothing about ability.

For what it's worth I like them on the next line.  Are you now going to call me a "junior" programmer even though I have 20+ years of commercial experience on cutting edge tech?  Cheesy  If so, should I start to put them on the same line would you then consider me an expert?  Huh
February 19, 2016, 10:35:49 PM
Never back down !!!
February 19, 2016, 07:31:11 PM

And you are just an arrogant troll without any success. Your predictions are shit. And nobody wants to hear your shit.
I hope "bye" means you are leaving BCT.
February 19, 2016, 07:28:55 PM
Seems the ETH fanboys are offended by the truth.

Here we have an example of a temper tantrum by one of the ETH fanboys.

Congratulations. You talked to a guy and watched a video from another. Both are way smarter and way more successful than you. I hope you learned something, but I don´t think so. You are still delusional.

Congrats you've confirmed to those who a capable of understanding the technology, that you are incapable of understanding the technology.

You will learn to respect me in the future, when once again I am vindicated on every single point I made.

You think some young inexperienced kids can challenge a person who has been coding for 30+ years. Geez get off my lawn disrespectful imbecile.

Even Vlad admitted he was doing only math and not coding during his short career.

Why should I respect a 24/7-troll?

You are trolling me and not allowing me work.

I provided that analysis as a service to the community and also to refine my own understanding. Consider my posts in this thread, my research activity.

Btw, check my post history today. It is not a post every 15 minutes. I don't even have a mobile device. How many messages per day do you think Vitalik and Vlad send. I don't communicate much other than here in the forum.

Get your facts straight.

Lying won't help you nor any of your shitcoins.

Where are the lies, it´s all obviously[obvious] and public at BCT.

Indeed all your lies are obvious except perhaps to a blind idiot such as yourself and your shitcoins.

I will not reply to your retarded nonsense again. Piss in the wind and troll your shadow.

Bye loser.

(P3WNED)
Never back down !!!
February 19, 2016, 07:24:33 PM
Lying won't help you nor any of your shitcoins.

Where are the lies, it´s all obviously and public at BCT.
And I didn´t mention any coins.
Never back down !!!
February 19, 2016, 07:16:19 PM

You are trolling me and not allowing me work.

I provided that analysis as a service to the community and also to refine my own understanding. Consider my posts in this thread, my research activity.

Btw, check my post history today. It is not a post every 15 minutes. I don't even have a mobile device. How many messages per day do you think Vitalik and Vlad send. I don't communicate much other than here in the forum.

Get your facts straight.

Realitiy check: THAT IS NOT WORK !!!

The whole forum is full of troll post from you. The threads are hardly readable due to your walls of text.
And Vitalik ignores you, CFB makes fun of you.

And a while back I have seen you begging and begging skycoin to let you in their team. They didn´t, for good reasons.
Nobody takes you for real, so please stop posting.
Never back down !!!
February 19, 2016, 07:04:32 PM
Congratulations. You talked to a guy and watched a video from another. Both are way smarter and way more successful than you. I hope you learned something, but I don´t think so. You are still delusional.

Congrats you've confirmed to those who a capable of understanding the technology, that you are incapable of understanding the technology.

You will learn to respect me in the future, when once again I am vindicated on every single point I made.

You think some young inexperienced kids can challenge a person who has been coding for 30+ years. Geez get off my lawn disrespectful imbecile.

Even Vlad admitted he was doing only math and not coding during his short career.

Never back down !!!
February 19, 2016, 06:58:31 PM
Just a heads-up...   I don't have anything specific to say about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMBdBfwn8c

I am 7 minutes into the video, and Vlad Zamfir (developer of Casper) has already not underst00d that proof-of-stake has externalities. I mentioned that to jl777 today:

You have no economically viable attack.

Only of we ignore externalities (external economic motivation). The same applies to the erroneous claim that proof-of-stake is as secure as proof-of-work.

Just because something is possible, that doesnt mean it is certain to happen, especially when it is economically non-viable.

As non-viable as Nxt being controlled by a dictator and Bitshares being controlled by two centralized exchanges.

Also Vlad doesn't seem to fully appreciate that a validator will not be betting against himself if he bets against his historic validation:

To summarize, Proof-of-Stake (including Masternodes of Dash and Casper's consensus-by-betting):

• stakes (or even deposits) aren't permanent because they can be sold (withdrawn), thus historic security is indefensible

Also around the 22 - 23 minute point Vlad makes a reasonable point that having no block reward incentivizes miners to not do game theories that would destroy transaction rate, but he is wrong to assume that is the only possibility. For example a cartel on mining could limit block sizes and thus drive transaction fees higher. Also he is incorrect to imply that proof-of-stake is orthogonal to monetary policy because proof-of-stake can only distribute coins proportionally to stake, which thus the same as no distribution. Vlad has so many myopias, I don't have time to comment on all of them. The myopias are pervasive through the entire interview.

Btw, the interviewing female seems to be quite intelligent. I'm shocked because first female I've seen in crypto currencies and she seems to be a quick thinker.

February 19, 2016, 06:48:09 PM
I am 7 minutes into the video, and Vlad Zamfir (developer of Casper) has already not underst00d that proof-of-stake has externalities

My primary issue with Casper is that it relies on transactions to form a consensus, however transactions are subject to consensus, which is a chicken and egg problem much more fundamental than this simple analogy sounds.

Proof-of-stake is self-referential no matter how they try to dice and slice it.

However, Satoshi's proof-of-work has also failed and is already under control of China's mining cartel.

I am moving on...

Monero's design has not solved these issues, but merely delayed them until Monero is popular enough for ASICs to arrive. The adaptive block size of Monero does not remain immune to a cartel of majority hash rate.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007
February 19, 2016, 06:35:21 PM
I am 7 minutes into the video, and Vlad Zamfir (developer of Casper) has already not underst00d that proof-of-stake has externalities

My primary issue with Casper is that it relies on transactions to form a consensus, however transactions are subject to consensus, which is a chicken and egg problem much more fundamental than this simple analogy sounds.
legendary
Activity: 996
Merit: 1013
February 19, 2016, 05:30:30 PM

Btw, the interviewing female seems to be quite intelligent. I'm shocked because first female I've seen in crypto currencies and she seems to be a quick thinker.

Amanda rules  Cool
https://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Amanda_Billyrock
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
February 19, 2016, 05:28:43 PM
Finally, I try to post my thinking on future use cases for ETH and IBM/Hyperledger:

Those both will be seen in a race to replace the central Backoffice infra-structs for banks and other corps and will tend/stay central (= bank interconnecting). Nobody of those really want a fully decentralized solution that they cannot really control...
Pages:
Jump to: