Pages:
Author

Topic: The Ethereum Paradox - page 53. (Read 99876 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
February 15, 2016, 04:17:30 PM
So far I've read a huge amount of FUD coming from all angles.

It used to be "vaporware!!! It will bever be released"
Then it was "price will crash to below ICO price!!" No one buy this coin!"
Now it's "pump and dump the market is manipulated!!!"
And "some highly technical reason why nothing in ethereum will work that is very hard to explain"

I will be increasing my investment in ETH because the price right now is artificially low because of this FUD which will melt away as ethereum once again proves all the doubters wrong.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
February 15, 2016, 03:22:23 PM
I have yet to see someone that gives a detailed technical Counter Argument to the Guys here which making me have doubts about ethereum "Long Term". Following this thread now

do you have a summary of what these doubts are long term? 8 pages is a bit much to read.

Just read the 1st Page and 1st TPTB_need_war first replay on the thread. Basicly i was very enthusiastic about CASPER and Scalability potential of ethereum.
Until i read some good technical counterargument, i'm reducing my investment in the ethereum project long term, which is best now since prices seems to be good enough for me.

I just read: http://www.multichain.com/blog/2015/11/smart-contracts-slow-blockchains/

they have some very good arguments, but does it mean ethereum is doomed? hard to say until they reach that point and possibly come up with another solution. you got to give it to them on the marketing front.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 15, 2016, 03:01:01 PM
I have yet to see someone that gives a detailed technical Counter Argument to the Guys here which making me have doubts about ethereum "Long Term". Following this thread now

do you have a summary of what these doubts are long term? 8 pages is a bit much to read.

Just read the 1st Page and 1st TPTB_need_war first replay on the thread. Basicly i was very enthusiastic about CASPER and Scalability potential of ethereum.
Until i read some good technical counterargument, i'm reducing my investment in the ethereum project long term, which is best now since prices seems to be good enough for me.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
February 15, 2016, 02:43:08 PM

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 15, 2016, 02:40:13 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
February 15, 2016, 02:10:39 PM
Sounds like you just stumped yourself.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 15, 2016, 11:08:06 AM
Ethereum does not have UTXOs nor does eMunie for that matter, account/address balances are recorded and credited/debited as per transactions they make and receive.  

Without the UTXO overhead, double spend prevention across partitions is much easier to achieve and can be done in an efficient manner.

I mentioned in the video that Ethereum is using an account balances design.

There can't be any double-spend across partitions in the design I described in the video.

I understand if you want to allow spending across partitions, this complicates design issues. I had mentioned upthread that I deal with that in my design by requiring confirmation of such to wait for block confirmations. Where spending within partitions is instant in my design.

I think it is difficult to talk about every possible design variant in one video. I was already going off on too many injected tangents. That is not to say I have envisioned your design per se.

Thanks.

Hmm I must have missed where you mentioned that :|

Still, if you know that ETH is using balances rather than UTXOs, doesn't that mark the whole argument against partitions when using UTXOs redundant (at least as far as transactions are concerned)?

The points made about why it can't function are not applicable in the case of ETH anyway, and apply only to UTXO based block chains.

I explained that asset transfers (crypto currency, etc) are compatible with partitions. I explained that scripts are not and explained the distinction in terms of external chaos that destroys the Nash equilibrium.

I don't think UXTO or account balances has anything to do with why asset transfers are compatible with partitions while scripts are not.

I am very sleepy now. That is it for me today.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
February 15, 2016, 10:43:50 AM
Ethereum does not have UTXOs nor does eMunie for that matter, account/address balances are recorded and credited/debited as per transactions they make and receive.  

Without the UTXO overhead, double spend prevention across partitions is much easier to achieve and can be done in an efficient manner.

There can't be any double-spend across partitions in the design I described in the video.

I understand if you want to allow spending across partitions, this complicates design issues. I had mentioned upthread that I deal with that in my design by requiring confirmation of such to wait for block confirmations. Where spending within partitions is instant in my design.

I think it is difficult to talk about every possible design variant in one video. I was already going off on too many injected tangents. That is not to say I have envisioned your design per se.

Thanks.

Hmm I must have missed where you mentioned that :|

Still, if you know that ETH is using balances rather than UTXOs, doesn't that mark the whole argument against partitions when using UTXOs redundant (at least as far as transactions are concerned)?

The points made about why it can't function are not applicable in the case of ETH anyway, and apply only to UTXO based block chains.
February 15, 2016, 10:33:12 AM

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
February 15, 2016, 10:06:55 AM
I recorded a video of myself to try to explain some of these issues:

http://coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Shelby_Ethereum_Paradox.avi

The Ethereum MSM shrilling is out in full force yet I still managed to make the price decline yet again.

Is the growth sustainable?

Ethereum price reached an all-time high of 0.0171 BTC on 12th of this month, only to experience a considerable fall soon after. Even though the cryptocurrency value is not showing any upward trend at the moment, it has scaled new heights, and it will continue to perform better than it used to in the previous months.

The cryptocurrency may not sustain this growth in a short term, but the demand is bound to grow in the long term. The ones with long term trading plans are bound to gain a lot as time progresses.

The insiders of Ethereum are ostensibly well connected professionals. They are fucking you over royally.

First of all, you should do more videos.

I was expecting something akin to the angry German kid playing Unreal Tournament, and instead I got a calm, comprehensive, thorough dictation of your thoughts with no indication of the crazy and manic sentiment your posts sometimes have Smiley

I'd like to point out a critical element that you seem to be missing/overlooking.  ~35 minutes into the video you start talking about unspent transaction outputs and the issues that partitions invoke with regard to them.

Scripting/contracts might well be a different ball game, I haven't thought about it much, but I wanted to highlight the error with regard to transactions.
February 15, 2016, 08:41:12 AM
Btw, I also advised our whale rpietila to buy with both fists @ $10/BTC (he sold $100,000 of silver and bought 10,000 BTC).

So we have you to blame for him? Ugh. Good to know. Undecided

He had numerous guys getting him into Bitcoin and he was the one who tried to focus me more on it. I was in ER and ICU in May 2012 and dealing with my kids being yanked and I was too preoccupied. I just took a quick look in January 2013 and agreed with him that it was about to explode to the upside.

Rpietila was a very rational, ethical, fair and even amicable person to deal with on silver trading, as I used to sell him silver rounds that I had manufactured from my 18,000 oz of Comex bars. Any idiosyncrasies that flourished after becoming wealthy are not during the time in which I was interacting with him.

I remain cordial/friendly with rpietila, but we are both off doing on our thing and I haven't been able to make time or justification for any communications with him lately.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
February 15, 2016, 08:35:23 AM
Btw, I also advised our whale rpietila to buy with both fists @ $10/BTC (he sold $100,000 of silver and bought 10,000 BTC).

So we have you to blame for him? Ugh. Good to know. Undecided

Edit: I won't hold it against you. Wink
February 15, 2016, 08:25:58 AM
I recorded a video of myself to try to explain some of these issues:

http://coolpage.com/commentary/economic/shelby/Shelby_Ethereum_Paradox.avi

The Ethereum MSM shrilling is out in full force yet I still managed to make the price decline yet again.

Is the growth sustainable?

Ethereum price reached an all-time high of 0.0171 BTC on 12th of this month, only to experience a considerable fall soon after. Even though the cryptocurrency value is not showing any upward trend at the moment, it has scaled new heights, and it will continue to perform better than it used to in the previous months.

The cryptocurrency may not sustain this growth in a short term, but the demand is bound to grow in the long term. The ones with long term trading plans are bound to gain a lot as time progresses.

The insiders of Ethereum are ostensibly well connected professionals. They are fucking you over royally.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007
February 15, 2016, 04:14:59 AM
Correct, but ostensibly you are missing my point. My point is that if validators must trust validators of other partitions[1], then they can't achieve a Nash equilibrium because they must compute the game theory incentives that the other validators have to lie.

Sorry, we are talking cross purposes again; because I am working through various edge cases of partitioning in my whitepaper at the moment, I'm focused on that and missed that you were talking about Casper and SC.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
February 15, 2016, 02:56:11 AM

The upside is gone. Only bag holders buying or HODLering now. Any sane person would obviously sell at these prices.

What does the price of eggs ether tokens have to do with anything? Is that what this is really about?

According to every thread in this forum except for this one that's all it's really about. Try to find a recent technical post in the Ethereum ANN thread for example. It's all speculation when it will overtake BTC or whether it's going to 0.1 BTC or 0.25 BTC a piece instead.

As a "paid Ethereum shrill" with a (4 1/2 year old) "newbie sock puppet account" I don't care what know-it-all folks like your are saying. I do my DD. This includes technical details of a coin, potential market and who is standing behind a coin.  And after that I'm spending some bucks or I don't. (Mostly don't Wink )

What was your DD conclusion on ETH if you don't mind me asking? Did you find any better source than this thread?
February 15, 2016, 02:26:43 AM
My son,

How old you are? I am 50.7. Are you sure you are factual?

I have been registering my bitcointalk account June 06, 2011, 12:27:49 PM. At which date did you register?

March 14, 2013.

That is quite irrelevant though. I was programming probably before you were born. When you registered doesn't indicate any particular skill for technological discernment. It just indicates you are quick to fuck any tree stump.

Since that time I have seen legions of folks like you come an go. They mostly had one thing in common: they were strong with words and weak with action. Many of them should have better doing a walk in nature more often than sitting behind their keyboards day and night.

Well some are different than others and that will be a lesson for you. Not everyone fits the same mold (I also studied Latin and French in 10th grade):

And while I haven't been posting a lot, I have been doing lots of reading and learning about crypto currencies. And after doing my homework I have been buying up some chunks of BTC (at that time you had to pay about 14 USD Wink ) because I was convinced that BTC had a great future. Definitely worth more than 14 bucks...

Great for you. Hope you've learned something and been profitable for you.

As a "paid Ethereum shrill" with a (4 1/2 year old) "newbie sock puppet account"

We have no idea if the manipulators haven't registered innumerable sock puppet accounts from long ago. Although I admit I didn't look at your registration date because I am very busy and there are so many newbie sockpuppets.

I don't care what know-it-all folks like your are saying. I do my DD. This includes technical details of a coin, potential market and who is standing behind a coin.  And after that I'm spending some bucks or I don't. (Mostly don't Wink )

Obviously not, if you are criticizing my explanation of the technological issues. You obviously don't understand the technology. So keep trying to learn. You can start by reading this thread over and over again until you comprehend.

As someone who is doing business with other "things" for a long time now, I have been always looking at the personality of my prospective business partners. And most of the time this was a very important criterion whether a business relation has been enjoyable and successful or not. And sorry to say that I probably wouldn't invest in your coin.

Absolutely do not invest in anything I do. I would very much appreciate being able to look at you as a great fool.

You are a poor judge of personality in this case.
February 15, 2016, 02:14:39 AM

The upside is gone. Only bag holders buying or HODLering now. Any sane person would obviously sell at these prices.

What does the price of eggs ether tokens have to do with anything? Is that what this is really about?

Did you entirely miss upthread point about wasting $18 million of YOUR money.

And the reason for the current P&D being they ran out of funds and so they need to fool you, so they can waste some more of YOUR $millions.

Are you guys totally idiots or what  Huh

Didn't read anything you wrote

And then you think you are qualified to speak about what Ethereum can accomplish   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
February 15, 2016, 02:13:28 AM
Didn't read anything you wrote, I'm sorry, too brainy. Ethereum is the new Skynet and it's currently making another run to 0.02, I'm glad I didn't sell my ETH as it will help cure cancer by develop medical dapps. I'm not even joking.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.
February 15, 2016, 02:11:07 AM

Btw, note how the ETH price rises when I am sleeping and someone makes comment doubting whether I am correct. Then I post again reinforcing my points, and the ETH price falls again. The speculators are really confused. And this is going to be an evidence that Ethereum is an illegal unregistered investment security. I don't know if the regulators will do anything about it though. Depends if speculators file a legal case perhaps.

I really feel sorry for you.  Now you are even moving ETH price with your comments? Oh boy...

Paid Ethereum shrills operating from newbie sock puppet accounts want readers to be ignorant of the facts. Look at the timing of my key posts in the linked thread and compare it to turning points the detailed price history over the past days.

My son, I have been registering my bitcointalk account June 06, 2011, 12:27:49 PM. At which date did you register?
Since that time I have seen legions of folks like you come an go. They mostly had one thing in common: they were strong with words and weak with action. Many of them should have better doing a walk in nature more often than sitting behind their keyboards day and night. 

And while I haven't been posting a lot, I have been doing lots of reading and learning about crypto currencies. And after doing my homework I have been buying up some chunks of BTC (at that time you had to pay about 14 USD Wink ) because I was convinced that BTC had a great future. Definitely worth more than 14 bucks...

As a "paid Ethereum shrill" with a (4 1/2 year old) "newbie sock puppet account" I don't care what know-it-all folks like your are saying. I do my DD. This includes technical details of a coin, potential market and who is standing behind a coin.  And after that I'm spending some bucks or I don't. (Mostly don't Wink )

As someone who is doing business with other "things" for a long time now, I have been always looking at the personality of my prospective business partners. And most of the time this was a very important criterion whether a business relation has been enjoyable and successful or not. And sorry to say that I probably wouldn't invest in your coin.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
February 15, 2016, 02:08:24 AM

Pages:
Jump to: