Pages:
Author

Topic: The Factors of Demand and supply - page 3. (Read 897 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 10
March 20, 2019, 02:12:00 PM
The factor of healthy whales is determined by the price of Bitcoin. The total amount of bitcoin is still not so blurry as to determine the factor of supply and demand.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
March 20, 2019, 07:37:19 AM
The demand for Bitcoins is based on the awareness about Bitcoin, its popularity, the trust among crypto community members, and a lot more. If the demand is high and the supply does not meet the demand, this causes a spike in the Bitcoin rate. There are only a total of 21 million Bitcoins that can be mined, thus supply is very controlled and price will keep on increasing. Once it will be unlocked, the supply will essentially be exhausted unless its protocol is changed to allow for a larger supply.
Even though we have that huge demand but it is still far enough to reach its limitations. We don't know if there is a back-up numbers of bitcoin hide for now and 21 million circulating supply is just we know since before. The only possibility when it totally mined, there might be an increase of price and we surely get more profits during that time.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
March 20, 2019, 06:58:21 AM
I do not believe 100% that prices in cryptosphere are driven by the factors of demand and supply.
It's more of speculation..news .
It's news that drives Prices.
It could be downward or upwards depending whether the news is positive or negative.
The major determinant of crypto currency price is the law of demand and supply mate, news are just factors that facilitate demand and supply. The news you talked about is what makes people consider either cashing out or not, when people make this decision, if demand and supply does not play out, everything will become static.

Even if the president of the united states comes out today to say he is in full support of crypto, that news alone will not make the price go up if there is no demand, but it will rather facilitate demand which in turn affects the price of the coin.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
March 19, 2019, 08:45:01 AM
The demand for Bitcoins is based on the awareness about Bitcoin, its popularity, the trust among crypto community members, and a lot more. If the demand is high and the supply does not meet the demand, this causes a spike in the Bitcoin rate. There are only a total of 21 million Bitcoins that can be mined, thus supply is very controlled and price will keep on increasing. Once it will be unlocked, the supply will essentially be exhausted unless its protocol is changed to allow for a larger supply.
Activity: 420
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
March 19, 2019, 08:06:41 AM
Well the same thing is used in the pricing of bitcoin. Prices are still so connected to the real usage. That is why if a big whale (big time investors) dumps, then it is for certain that prices will as well go down. The result is that more supply is now available and the usage is low with respect to the remaining volume of unused coins. If you might have observed the prices sometimes drop vertically straight. This is just a sign that some are moving out or is trading their coins.
Activity: 644
COVIR.IO
March 19, 2019, 02:25:04 AM
I do not believe 100% that prices in cryptosphere are driven by the factors of demand and supply.
It could be downward or upwards depending whether the news is positive or negative.

News have big impact to bitcoin price but demand and supply still important factor could drive the price. I agree that bitcoin price is speculation from investor but its free market and anyone can set the price like they want and its depend on demand and supply
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
March 19, 2019, 12:00:29 AM
Bitcoin is also just like other thing in the world the value of bitcoin is just driven by its supply and demand,the value of bitcoin per unit looks huge only because of its very limited quantity of 21 million compared to 7 billion people on this earth but the real fact is it is highly liquidated so we can just buy or sell the amount as we wanted.
although it's limited, but not everyone uses it, even a few people use it. so there are still many who can monopolize it because the price is still affordable. with the funds he has certainly can easily move the market
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
Atronocom
March 18, 2019, 10:29:05 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
March 18, 2019, 11:50:42 AM
yeah the factor are from demand and supply and i think the most cause for that is news in case of bitcoin , rumor about bad news also afffect for that
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
March 18, 2019, 03:21:14 AM
Bitcoin is also just like other thing in the world the value of bitcoin is just driven by its supply and demand,the value of bitcoin per unit looks huge only because of its very limited quantity of 21 million compared to 7 billion people on this earth but the real fact is it is highly liquidated so we can just buy or sell the amount as we wanted.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
March 18, 2019, 03:20:43 AM
If you do not take into account the more insignificant factors, but to look only at the main thing, then yes. In fact, Bitcoin rose so much in 2017 because of its popularity, and therefore, because of such a huge demand for it. Growth trends will appear when Bitcoin’s popularity increases (or its need in the modern world).

You forgot one thing why bitcoin became so popular that time, it's because of all the positive news, (CBoE and CME bitcoin future contracts is the last great catalyst), but after the demand has wane out and so at the price.

So everyone 'buy" the news in the market. And that's how the market operates. Positives news will result in more demand, and no news or complete FUD will make the market goes down.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
March 18, 2019, 02:52:00 AM
If you do not take into account the more insignificant factors, but to look only at the main thing, then yes. In fact, Bitcoin rose so much in 2017 because of its popularity, and therefore, because of such a huge demand for it. Growth trends will appear when Bitcoin’s popularity increases (or its need in the modern world).
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
March 18, 2019, 02:08:02 AM
When I was in college we were taught that the price of any commodity is determined by the factors of demand and Supply to a large extent.
In your understanding, do you think that the price of bitcoin is determined by the factors of demand and supply?

I am believe the price of bitcoin determined by supply and demand. With limited supply, bitcoin price will always increase because it will needed as store of value or as a currency. If people using bitcoin for transaction or for investment, the demand of bitcoin will increase and the price will follow
I think the one that most influences the demand and supply is the trust factor. with good price trust to buy it will affect the psychology of investors to buy and vice versa. so a trend will occur, which can be a reference for traders to transact. the more requests, of course, will make other traders believe that prices will rise
trust only come if developers team could deliver product and developt roadmap consistently.if communication between investors and developers team run well, i am sure they will accumulate token amount and stablize the price.

That is the reason it is said that Vision of the owner and to execute you require a great team which can make really big difference in the future. This will also enhance and make things more better for the smooth transition of new development and proper communication across all the parties.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
March 18, 2019, 01:31:21 AM
When I was in college we were taught that the price of any commodity is determined by the factors of demand and Supply to a large extent.
In your understanding, do you think that the price of bitcoin is determined by the factors of demand and supply?
This is common knowledge. Decentralized cryptocurrency is not secured, has no financial support compared to the usual currency, which have such support from central banks. Decentralized cryptocurrency exists only on the basis of the ratio of supply and demand. Therefore, it has a high price volatility. For several days, it can rise in price or fall by 30-50 percent and this will be considered normal.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
March 17, 2019, 10:14:02 PM

I am believe the price of bitcoin determined by supply and demand. With limited supply, bitcoin price will always increase because it will needed as store of value or as a currency. If people using bitcoin for transaction or for investment, the demand of bitcoin will increase and the price will follow
I think the one that most influences the demand and supply is the trust factor. with good price trust to buy it will affect the psychology of investors to buy and vice versa. so a trend will occur, which can be a reference for traders to transact. the more requests, of course, will make other traders believe that prices will rise
trust only come if developers team could deliver product and developt roadmap consistently.if communication between investors and developers team run well, i am sure they will accumulate token amount and stablize the price.
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
March 17, 2019, 10:06:37 PM
so far yes, because the other investment assets are the same, that is influenced by suppy and demands. when the supply is running low but demands increase, it can make prices go up very high, and vice versa when there is a lot of supply, even though demands increase but prices can actually go down. I experienced this situation now for the love bird. when there is more supply, there are also many demands, but many traders actually reduce market prices so they don't compete. that's normal in any industry.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
March 17, 2019, 09:58:04 PM

Activity: 700
March 17, 2019, 09:15:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
March 17, 2019, 07:04:24 PM
We don't  know what is the real reason of the falling value of bitcoin but as you said i think just more like that. It basing on the stocks which is the demand and supply. Crypto was almost same with stock market and correct me if im wrong that if stock market fall crypto was also fall this is base on my observation.
indeed, between the crypto market, stocks, forex, commodities have similarities in the market, but I do not agree that if the stock market falls, crypto also falls, because both have different investors

A stock is very different on cryptocurrency. There's a huge difference between those two and shouldn't be compared, they aren't connected to each other. Stocks are manipulated by the investors of the company and its action towards the community. Cryptomarket can be manipulated by everyone, the changes can be dramatic if there's a massive hype on that specific cryptocurrency.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
March 17, 2019, 07:00:25 PM
very precise and correct because of that price and value of crypto currency cannot be predicted with certainty and it is one of the risks in investing using crypto currency so in other words the development of crypto currencies depends on the investor itself

of course it is!  and since the supply of bitcoin is fix and it is decreasing because of lost coins, and the demand is growing everyday, i assume that its price is going in the positive direction. why the demand is growing? more merchants are accepting bitcoin as payment method, more companies are integrating blockchain technology within their operations, and popular companies are creating their own coins, and more people are understanding its benefits and usage. in these mentioned scenarios, at one point along the process, someone needs bitcoin to participate in the system. so yes, i strongly believe that demand is growing. just my 2 cents.  Wink

What has made you say the demand is growing everyday? There may be more merchants accepting and adopting bitcoin, and more developments being done however I wouldn't say that the demand has been growing. Demand = people wanting to buy and since the price decrease last 2017, people have been doubtful of buying bitcoin since then (the general public, that is). Even with the crypto community so actively engaging, the demand for bitcoin has been stagnant. But that would only be my opinion as well.
Pages:
Jump to: