Pages:
Author

Topic: The FBI Warns About Scams On Crypto Users - page 2. (Read 523 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 282
I don't think we should have a free system that will be devoured of fraudulent activities at this tage of cryptocurrency development. Bitcoin is currently doing well and many icos projects will try to emulate the success it has achieved and because of this scamers will like to take advantage of it to scam others that may like to invest in idea projects.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.

To prevent is better that to be scammed, so be vigilant in engaging in ICO. People that are choosing to participate in ICO should've already knew what lies ahead. You will not be scammed if you are in total knowledge with the ICO you are entering. This is nothing to worry about, if you people are scared to buy tokens in ICO then you should just wait for it to hit the exchange and bought it their, just simply as that.
News like that are like spreading FUD in the potential investors or to the growing crytpo community. Why not post something that are good in the eyes.
Activity: 134
Merit: 0
I think it cannot be for it is impossible to engage crypto the decentralized place by the government agency FBI. What is the point of decentralized if government full control this system. Full control for I think if FBI will enter this world then little by little the whole power of government will slowly manipulate this system. That is how I think what will happen in the future.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.

This is nothing! Why they don't publish how many non-crypto complaints they got and what is the loss there. I'm sure that the numbers will be x100 the crypto losses!

They are making it to scare people who are still staying away from crypto. If you don't have common sense and you are greedy as f, you will be scammed anyway.
Exactly ! Media is just following the orders of those big whales who want to create a panic in the market. This why  the media keep coming up with these kind of news which creates a negative impact on the people. The bews might be true but then what is not so corrupted in this world. Hackers and criminals are spread all over the world. The crypto community is effected with the same crimes as in the real world. Why do media keep on blaming crypto for this whereas it's the people who does this and should be blamed for.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

From my own opinion Decentralization is associated with cryptos and because of this decentralization Bad people is using this to launch and fraudulent activities in the shed? until this time that some countries and governments are trying to show some ligth on the shed this fraudulent act is halted for a mean time but not totally rid off for me regulation is needed the most to prevent this fraud to happen just like doing ICO's and the identity of those developers and team is not revealed its a* red flag already dont just Invest think first before you do any transaction with money Involved  because money is hot. at the end of the day Youll be the one to lose because of your own recklessness.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
SCAMs are everywhere not just in crypto .
even crypto scam is easy to guess for experienced investor .

however hacking is diff issue , still here hacker need to guess your key which is impossible so they can only go with phishing links or malware .

so just be alert nothing to worry apart from this .

I agree with you, my friend. Because this space is a new opportunity for fraudsters, they are making all kinds of fraud to get the money of inexperienced investors. China has sought to find a solution to the 'ICO' by completely banning it. The actual dissolution is neither prohibitive nor informative. An effective control mechanism must be established for the real solution.
Activity: 644
Wish they say how much money was stolen from plastic cards;) They warns not the right place) If they would warn about future ICO's I would even support them)
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

this sucks,they have waited for 11,000 complaints before doing this?this should been addressed year ago,before the situation come to this point of a more than tens of thousands victims has a complaints..i dont know with this guy why this need to fome this far,maybe this is another attack for cryptocurrency community as they really wanted to put us down.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
I think this is good news. Hopefully the FBI is able to overcome all the frauds that occur.
Activity: 406
Market Integration Platform
This is actually nothing, most of them consist of phishing attacks, I don't call them hackers or there is no such complicated software used for that except smart contract hacks. That is likely to be worse in the following years  Embarrassed
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Looks like each claim was worth thousands too. What were all the users thinking when they invested thousands of dollars into these scams? Greed of course was on their minds. Wanting to profit, wanting in quick, wanting to cash out before the scam falls around them.

Greed will continue to invade crypto too, which is why everyone is panicking now. Prices are not going the way we want them and people are crying foul.

I think this is good for the future. Keep things realistic.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
I have heard of this, Technical supporters say that they will temporarily transfer your coin to another repair shop, but once the transfer is not returned, and the technical support person also disappear. You can not contact them. That is a new trick to appear on the market today Crypto. Let's be careful not to let the scammers steal our money.
Activity: 322
That's the way how big whales influence on price of crypto ,releasing negative news and warning people to stay away from crypto.  I don't really think that % of scams in crypto is higher than in credit cards fraud
Activity: 210

This is nothing! Why they don't publish how many non-crypto complaints they got and what is the loss there. I'm sure that the numbers will be x100 the crypto losses!

They are making it to scare people who are still staying away from crypto. If you don't have common sense and you are greedy as f, you will be scammed anyway.

Yes, I too think complaints about other fraudulent crimes are way more than the cryptocurrencies complaints, if you don't want to get rich quick in crypto then you are safe.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503

Its all good that they are warning people as that is their job to do and then investigate which should lead to conviction as that would be what send the message out about people engaged in such nefarious activities. A whole lot of this scam activities can actually be avoided if people listen and take their time to find out before delving into parting away with their resources but laziness and greediness is one key thing that should be campaigned against if this would stop.
Activity: 621
Merit: 108
It's really inevitable because crypto is getting known little by little and it attracts people to invest in it, that makes it easier for scammers to look for their prey. Hopefully they could make something about this and it will definitely improve the crypto world.

They were useless to stop credit card scams on mass scale, what makes you think they'll be more successful with crypto?
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
It's really inevitable because crypto is getting known little by little and it attracts people to invest in it, that makes it easier for scammers to look for their prey. Hopefully they could make something about this and it will definitely improve the crypto world.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
It is natural if FBI will take action if they received so much complaints that are alike, and to tell you hacking and scamming is every where, that's why it is safe also to keep your account private, no need to tell anyone about your money and earning...
The FBI warned of fraud. I think there was not much sense in this period because most investors who have been through the cryptocurrency for a while understand this. If the FBI warning came out sooner or later, I think it really meant the community.
legendary
Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000
ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM
every project now seems to be a scam because market is continuously dropping its marketcap. everything is volatile and many people or organization can manipulate the price by pumping and dumping, now everyone is claiming crypto is scam. Sad.
Activity: 364

I think This is a right decision ! Because in last time we see a lot of scams. For example - Denaro project, which collected some millions of dollars and erased all data about themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: