Pages:
Author

Topic: The FBI Warns About Scams On Crypto Users - page 3. (Read 523 times)

Activity: 981
Merit: 503
I think they are getting creative on FUDding Bitcoin to scare new investors Smiley
In every money niche there are criminals and people who will try to scam you and take control of your money. Crypto's are way more secure than other stuff like CC, bank accounts, etc.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.
Such actions of hackers frighten off new investors and crypto-currencies are not taken seriously yet. A tight and total control is needed to reduce the actions and influence of unscrupulous people.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
It is natural if FBI will take action if they received so much complaints that are alike, and to tell you hacking and scamming is every where, that's why it is safe also to keep your account private, no need to tell anyone about your money and earning...
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
'Fraud Technical Support' by the FBI Internet Crime Compaint Center (IC3) the agency released a public notice regarding the increase in fraudulent activity. By 2017, they receive 11,000 complaints with a total loss of $ 15 Million.

IC3 notes that criminals act as security, customers, or technical support representatives who offer to resolve the issue. And when contact is formed, they go to their plan.
whats the sense of this news?to make people stay away of crypto?why instead of releasing this issue is capturing those criminals?suck to them that they are making fud here and at the end  affect will be in cryptocurrency?lol stop doing such and do some action for this concern we dont need news here but real action instead.leave crypto alone beside we all warned each other for this kind of problem and the forum are enough to make this things stopped
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
If they really experience a loss. Supposedly they publish it in the media so that we can know how such losses can occur, it's possible that the error is due to their own actions.

This is nothing! Why they don't publish how many non-crypto complaints they got and what is the loss there. I'm sure that the numbers will be x100 the crypto losses!

They are making it to scare people who are still staying away from crypto. If you don't have common sense and you are greedy as f, you will be scammed anyway.

This is not something new, hackers are extremely active in crypto sphere, because there are no laws regulating crypto, thus nobody will come to police accusing someone  stole eth or btc. On the other hand, such news are published to manipulate market, because in reality % of scams on non-crypto users is far higher

True, the maze of the news seems to be absurd and I'm very worried that it has been abused by them, as a form of reason to attack the popularity of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
where you get information about FBI statement
you can share source link, about new FBI statement
because if about money in USA not FBI but SEC
https://cointelegraph.com/news/fbi-publishes-psa-about-tech-support-fraud-targeting-cryptocurrency-holders
I give you that link, if you are watching the latest news in the various crypto news site and i think that will be so easy for you to find a reliable article like that.
It's from FBI that gives an awareness to the crypto holders to make their computer secure by download the latest software antivirus to protect their pc.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
where you get information about FBI statement
you can share source link, about new FBI statement
because if about money in USA not FBI but SEC
Activity: 747
Merit: 101

This is nothing! Why they don't publish how many non-crypto complaints they got and what is the loss there. I'm sure that the numbers will be x100 the crypto losses!

They are making it to scare people who are still staying away from crypto. If you don't have common sense and you are greedy as f, you will be scammed anyway.
No, they did to warn ppl, bcoz lots of scam here. they did right.
Everyone can access and invest in crypto (unlike non crypto) so it's important to warn ppl
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
The real problem is that the scammers are getting real smart and they are plotting schemes to trap innocent users and being masking as a technical support it can give them unlimited power and thereby scam you by collecting your sensitive information and these sort of call centers are running in third world countries.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
More and more scammers are in this crypto market and even in this forum....We need to be extra careful for that since scam project looks really real. I have been scammed before when I was a newbie because of my inocense but now I learned many things to avoid from scammers.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
and some poeople still think there is no need for regulations
Not just ICO shall be regulated, but also every coin shall be ruled by law, because they are relative, but now no government even accepts cryptocurrencies. Maybe one of the reason why the crypto market is hot and profitable - scam and unexecutable project. After law begin to restrict the market, perhaps we will find this market is not really profitable as we think now.
I'm sure it gets mainstream  and they just want their citizen to be more careful on their investment. If government has jurisdiction we could pay taxes. however the crypto market will get bullish if it was done by the government and implementation will began shortly this year. i Hope those scam project will eliminate.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

This really isn't much of a surprise. There's just so much scamming going on from people in this technology. I for one am just glad to see that the people getting scammed are actually reporting it to the authorities to try and track down some of these scammers. I really wish they would release the arrest statistics. Really interested in how many of these scammers have gotten punished. It may prevent someone from wanting to scam someone else in the future if they know that the FBI is actively pursuing crypto scammers.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Global loyalty & rewards
Not just ICO shall be regulated, but also every coin shall be ruled by law, because they are relative, but now no government even accepts cryptocurrencies. Maybe one of the reason why the crypto market is hot and profitable - scam and unexecutable project. After law begin to restrict the market, perhaps we will find this market is not really profitable as we think now.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0

Yes, every day we have to be more careful and cautious I think. and then one day you can also become a victim of fraud
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
Activity: 336
Merit: 14

How do i interpret this ? Are the federal bureau of investigation trying to create a FUD here and are they genuinely trying to make regulations to prevent this from happening?

IMO they are just making people aware to know which is scam which is not .
bcoz people buy anything blindly in crypto .

for example telegram ico is still not open for public sale , but many scammers launched site on 'Gram' or 'TON' .
they asked people to refer and earn tokens , some people even invested in that scam .
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
SCAMs are everywhere not just in crypto .
even crypto scam is easy to guess for experienced investor .

however hacking is diff issue , still here hacker need to guess your key which is impossible so they can only go with phishing links or malware .

so just be alert nothing to worry apart from this .
Activity: 80
Merit: 11
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
The number of scam in the space has increased drastically and this is a concern, if one look at the number of ICOs that has ended a scam and the ways people are losing their tokens in their wallet and also the number of ICO websites that were hacked, I think the $15 million mentioned is very conservative
Yeah, you're right
Now there is too much fraud on ICO, I have followed several telegram groups from ICO investors which they created and named the group as ICO deception victims they follow. As an example : https://t.me/CircleCoalition , https://t.me/denarochat
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

How do i interpret this ? Are the federal bureau of investigation trying to create a FUD here and are they genuinely trying to make regulations to prevent this from happening?
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
I'm sure the real number is much higher than that. The reason it is low is that a lot of this type of crime is unreported, plus the value of bitcoin and ethereum is lower than it should be. Also there are the scams where the victims are outside of the USA so won't be reported to them. ICO scammers need to be policed to clean up and protect the industry.
Pages:
Jump to: