Pages:
Author

Topic: The final bear trap - page 3. (Read 3656 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100
bitcoin hates walls
August 13, 2014, 01:48:26 PM
I think that's a rational and simple way to look at it, but in my own estimations, the chances for success are much higher.

This price down-turn is necessary, which is why, as a holder, I find myself smiling this morning. I don't think it's over either. Hold on to your asses! Once we get this out of the way, the chains are off. No more excessive leveraged positions holding us in place, and a lot of people acting irrationally, while the biggest bulls just lost their positions and watch the train leave the station. Panic.

You guys asked for wall street to get in on bitcoin, I don't think you knew what you were wishing for. They are here, right now, they are about to shake you down for all your coins, because the window of opportunity is closing. Lock those coins up folks. Put your straight jacket on if you need to.

Agreed 100%.
Wall street is selling and buying back their own coins to depress price by  taking advantage of delusion sentiment about the missed bubble. Also August is perfect for the above manipulation because there's statistically less people trading on exchanges, this means that said manipulation is also cheaper to achieve.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
August 13, 2014, 01:14:42 PM
waking up to opportunity  Grin

This is Awesome!  (hoping it dips further downward)
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
August 13, 2014, 01:11:06 PM
I think that's a rational and simple way to look at it, but in my own estimations, the chances for success are much higher.

This price down-turn is necessary, which is why, as a holder, I find myself smiling this morning. I don't think it's over either. Hold on to your asses! Once we get this out of the way, the chains are off. No more excessive leveraged positions holding us in place, and a lot of people acting irrationally, while the biggest bulls just lost their positions and watch the train leave the station. Panic.

You guys asked for wall street to get in on bitcoin, I don't think you knew what you were wishing for. They are here, right now, they are about to shake you down for all your coins, because the window of opportunity is closing. Lock those coins up folks. Put your straight jacket on if you need to.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 13, 2014, 12:34:54 PM
I lurk these forums quite frequently, and I've been hanging out since 2011. We all saw this dip coming. This is that dip where people say, "Fuck it, I'm done! It's not going to the moon EVER!" Pirate has stolen all of our money! etc..

The past is no reliable predictor of the future, but it's all we've got, so let's come up with some expected values based on intuition.

Let's say there's a 25% chance these bubbles will repeat themselves and over the next year we'll reach >$4000 level.
Let's say there's a 50% chance we'll stagnate at an average of $500 over the next year
Let's say there's a 25% chance we'll go to $0 over the next year.

0 * .25 + 0.5 * 500 + 0.25 * 4000 = $1250 expected value over the next year, for me at least.

So keep on selling and I'll keep on buying!

Pages:
Jump to: