Pages:
Author

Topic: the first automated bitcoin trading tool - legit stuff ? - page 5. (Read 11175 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Yeah, I see no reason to trust an anonymous website with my money.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I'm giving this a try and will report if it works/is legit.  Hard trusting a 5 post newbie, but can't hurt too much with just a few BTC.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
We wish to say thanks to our early users, Bitscalper is working very well and generating good profits as for now.
We encourage users who already withdrew successfully to let people know on this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
I tried it out of curiosity with a small sum, they processed my withdrawal quickly. made a mere 2.5%. remain to be seen what happens if i ask back my deposit..

"mere" 2.5%  in 1 day? 2 days ?  thats not mere

btw the site says:" It makes a maximum of 5% daily on the money you deposit and it's totally automatic."

Thats not a promise of 5% a day...   even 1% a day is amazing if it works.
Activity: 408
Merit: 261
Okay, signed up to check this out, read the FAQ, but apart from being able to deposit Bitcoins and request a withdrawal I don't see what this site actually does.  What can I actually DO with this site?  Just deposit some Bitcoins, cross my fingers, and hope your blackbox will trade them well for me?  (As opposed to running away with them.)

Has anyone actually started using this site and can comment on how it works, etc?  Is this "bitscalper" fellow anyone known in the community?
This is btc-only, right? If there is a considerable price drop, will the users lose money?

Well internally it actually also sells Bitcoin for other fiat currencies. Huge price drops represent a risk but we have mechanisms in place to react to such events properly. This and the remote risks related to crashing of fiat currencies (not really remote these times) are the things we keep an eye on constantly.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
This is btc-only, right? If there is a considerable price drop, will the users lose money?
When you say high frequency what do you mean by this? Do you have execution guarantees? Do you provide timing data?

With high frequency we intend execution times below 100ms in perfect conditions. We do have a working set of bots trading on the markets on behalf of the users of bitscalper.com. Those bots perform low latency arbitraging operations and conventional trading combined.
The system can make at most 5% daily but it will obviously fluctuate. It's no license to print money but a smart way to "scalp" some small profits on the volume. As for now we don't have large sums of cash and thought about this experiment. Regarding the Reddit post you linked, it's not related to us. I've also noticed today the launch of another automated trading platform on this board, so it might just be a trending topic with Bitcoin.
We will not run away with the money, we are just looking to protect ourselves. At the moment the country we are living in is VERY strict about money transfers/laundering, and we can't really expose our names nor register a company without going through the hassle of gettin' a license, which is unlikely to happen with Bitcoin. We look forward to register an entity in a offshore country or something like that.
The arbitraging opportunities are lasting since quite a long now, the trick is catching the right time window.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
I'll wait for more reports, but there are obvious things to point out:
- like you said, if they make 5% a day why publish it? 5% a day compounded is 400% a month, which means that they can turn $2000 into $37000 within 2 months.
- the fact the website is anonymous also makes it easy to disappear with everyone's money
- if this is true, there won't be enough arbitrage opportunities to make 5% a day for long

This post on reddit might be related: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/o3ebm/dear_community_this_is_a_poll_regarding_the/
donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
I'm not interesting in using your strategy, however, I would be very interested in your base platform as a way to write, execute, and backtest my own strategies.

Let me know
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
When you say high frequency what do you mean by this? Do you have execution guarantees? Do you provide timing data?
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
The questions will be many I'm sure..

Just to start:

1) Why should it be trusted?
2) what do they make (fee) from this.?  edit.. ===>>>We charge a small fee for every withdrawal you request, the fee is 1.75%
Activity: 63
All your random numberz 'r belong to us
We are proud to launch http://bitscalper.com, the first Automated High Frequency Bitcoin Trading Platform. Check it out, we would love to have your feedback!
-------
Spotted on reddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/o9fbr/rbtcspeculation/c3fnoqi

legit stuff ?
Pages:
Jump to: