Pages:
Author

Topic: The free market speaks! FDA-AVOIDED Dustberries! - page 4. (Read 10241 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
It seems the free-market is alright regulating itself by making these berries an issue.
Not quite-- I still don't know who's making them.

That is why you buy them anyways. If you get sick, you will know not to buy from the seller again. Or if you die from food poisoning, your family will know not to buy from the seller.

no, no. I mean I actually don't know who is selling them. I cannot find them anywhere to buy them.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
It seems the free-market is alright regulating itself by making these berries an issue.

That is why you buy them anyways. If you get sick, you will know not to buy from the seller again. Or if you die from food poisoning, your family will know not to buy from the seller.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It's all about the game, and how you play it

how can they expect to sell them then!

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
It seems the free-market is already regulating itself by making these berries an issue.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Well, there are BFR's (Brominated_flame_retardant) in computers, many believed to be harmful to humans. And there's cadmium and other not so nice things in there too. Generally I wouldn't use a computers exhaust as a supply of fresh air, although I don't believe it to be critically harmful.
Some people in my circle seem to think it is possibly responsible for brain tumors.

BULLSHIT!!! Name one person on this forum that has brain tumors. (darn you to go there!)
Well, there are BFR's (Brominated_flame_retardant) in computers, many believed to be harmful to humans. And there's cadmium and other not so nice things in there too. Generally I wouldn't use a computers exhaust as a supply of fresh air, although I don't believe it to be critically harmful.
Some people in my circle seem to think it is possibly responsible for brain tumors.
Activity: 378
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Okay so upon verifying with a government agency on the subject (actually I just asked a friend on skype), you can't actually get cancer from those strawberries unless the computers were old computers that still had more dangerous parts than the ones that newer computers have. But that doesn't excuse the dust issue, and by the looks of his rigs there is absolute no filtering going on.

So cancer? Probably not.

Gonna eat them?   Undecided

EDIT: Title updated to reflect findings.

OSHA is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration; you probably meant FDA.

You're probably right. I'm out of touch with Amerifaggotry.

Yeah, be careful, you wouldn't want the Department of Proper Use of Acronyms (DPUA) to come after you!

That's alright, I'll be waiting with the UABB  Cool

...or the DOSA (Depratment of Silly Acronyms). (apologies to MPFC)

The biggest problem I have with Stawberries is with the pickers. Of all the images on the net, I've yet to see porta-johns, and if you did find one, what are the chances that there's running water nearby to wash your hands prior to going back out to a pickin'? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Here's the bottom line: The demographics that normally harvest our food--here in the states--normally answer nature when it calls right there in the fields. Washing hands is not even an option. But if you believe that every single strawberry is scrubbed down prior to hitting the market, you've got another thing coming. ~JP on the SFV LP

Okay so upon verifying with a government agency on the subject (actually I just asked a friend on skype), you can't actually get cancer from those strawberries unless the computers were old computers that still had more dangerous parts than the ones that newer computers have. But that doesn't excuse the dust issue, and by the looks of his rigs there is absolute no filtering going on.

So cancer? Probably not.

Gonna eat them?   Undecided

OSHA is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration; you probably meant FDA.

Yeah, be careful, you wouldn't want the Department of Proper Use of Acronyms (DPUA) to come after you!

That's alright, I'll be waiting with the UABB  Cool

So cancer? Probably not.

edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

So cancer? Probably not.

Activity: 462
It's all about the game, and how you play it
if you're actually serious about this you'd have done a few things differently
1.) go get berrycoin.com or something so you have a webpage to sell them through
2.) include that URL and a small QR code on your packaging(linking to weusecoins on your webpage would be nice as well)
3.) as far as the berries themselves are concerned any dehydrator i've sold/used has a filter, go to homedepot or lowes and get a furnace air filter to place between your rigs and your berries, enclose the sides you want things enclosed to force the air through the filter. OR go with liqud cooling get some flexible copper and use a radiator as a heat exchanger for drying the berries
Okay so upon verifying with a government agency on the subject (actually I just asked a friend on skype), you can't actually get cancer from those strawberries unless the computers were old computers that still had more dangerous radiation emitting parts than the ones that newer computers have. But that doesn't excuse the dust issue, and by the looks of his rigs there is absolute no filtering going on.

So cancer? Probably not.

Gonna eat them?   Undecided

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Nice little typo on the back, too!

Come to think of it, the recycling symbol is kind of creepy too. Would you eat a bag of strawberries that had a recycled symbol on it?
Do you drink milk from a carton with a recycling symbol?

Come to think of it, the recycling symbol is kind of creepy too. Would you eat a bag of strawberries that had a recycled symbol on it?
That symbol on the bag-- what does it stand for?

The user "foo" has the same one as his avatar.

Could he be the one making them?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/foo-4199
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_Emblem

hey thanks terrytibs. edit: and redheaded elggawf

I guess although I can't totally rule out 'foo' until I find who did it, I can't assume it's him either.

I am glad to see that being a hacker has evolved from BBS door hacking all the way up to dehydrating strawberries. With any luck, by the time I have grandchildren 'hacking' will be getting the morning newspaper.
Activity: 308

It's the "glider", an interesting piece in the game of life, commonly used as the "hacker emblem" by white-hat hackers.

Edit: Beaten like a red-headed stepchild.

Could he be the one making them?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/foo-4199
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_Emblem

Pages:
Jump to: