Pages:
Author

Topic: The Great Bitfie Giveaway: 1 lucky winner WILL win entire wallet. Seeded w/$100. - page 6. (Read 26232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Yikes! What is going on here? I was away for the weekend, visiting my in-laws, ad just got home to where I may be able to hash a vanity address or something, but I have no idea what I'm getting myself involved in. Just a lottery with a random number picker?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
https://blockchain.info/address/1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu

The current prize pool is $141.52.

Besides having the ability to enter free to win 10% of this giveaway, one could win the entire amount via paying a Satoshie (same as satoshi) Bitfie entry fee.

~TMIBTCITW

PS: A little history about Bitfie. Bitfie was coined shortly after Oxford, in its infinite wisdom, opted to make "selfie" their word of the year, knocking Bitcoin, which was one of the final three up for consideration, from gaining that title.

"Bitfie" (with quotes) is now number one and two, among a couple others, on the first page of Google search results, thanks chiefly to this thread and the four domains I registered.
legendary
Hello Bitfie community !
I am a Triskaidekaphile. While most people consider thirteen unlucky , the holy lord of 13s says other wise.
I have sent a "unluck-but-actually-luckfie" ( 13c )
https://blockchain.info/tx/93aab05a8bf1923d7204bdd01c50f95a54a48bf24fed9aa95966bec093699c02

The prophet of the thirteens,
jambola2

(P.S : I may have a bit of bias , being born on the thirteenth of a month )

EDIT : What do I do with the huge transaction fees -.-
You should request between 1$ and 10$

Addressing your EDIT first, apologies for the tx fees. By the nature of Bitfie, any amount over 99 US cents wouldn't be considered a Bitfie, thus requesting an entry fee between one and ten dollars wouldn't work.

I do like your Luckfie suggestion, albeit it'll have to coined Luckie, sans the "f", for it to be dubbed correctly. The only reason selfie has an "f" in it's term is because the root word was "self" with an "ie" added. The term "Bitfie" was coined to be similar to "selfie", hence the use of the letter "f" in its naming. Apologies for any confusion.

Lucky you, you coined the Bitfie "Luckie".

I have sent 7c , the almost as luckie Tongue
https://blockchain.info/tx/fe7b501bc5ba78a5dd8d919650a852cfc9bb7a9e14009c3de46a2c5d2d6a4996

I have also sent you a contribution , that is not a Bitfie , but claims to be a bitfie , meet the Sexy Giftie ! ( 6.9 $ )

https://blockchain.info/tx/7954ebe783b06f9706d21083dbf3b363d303bf2832a32e7123e34d0b3f03a4fb

Note : As multiple entries is not allowed , the 6.9$ is not a entry but a contribution and the 7c is made to finance the next person with over 100 posts and who is too cheap to pay 1 c Tongue

EDIT: *jambola2 hides in the corner hoping his claiming of multiple names will not annoy Phin* ( *he wonders if he can call Phinnaeus , Phin* )

Firstly, thanks for all your kind suggestions and contributions to date, and I'll address the Luckie aspect first.

Now, you have me confused. I tagges 13 cents as a Luckie based on your experience of the the number 13. Then you want to tagge 7 cents as a Luckie. Ideally, 13 cents should be an Un-luckie, whereas 7 cents is a Luckie. Again, the only reason I opted the first tagging was to honor your birth on the 13th.

Perhaps if I gave you credit for the 7 cents Luckie coinage, then wait to see what you suggest for the 13 cents newly coin term, of which I'm leaning toward Un-luckie.

I'll give you credit for the 6.9 cents term--Sexie-giftie (modified).

You can call me Phinnaeus, Phinn, Phin, Bruno, whatever, as long as you refer to me as TMIBTCITW.
legendary
Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?
No

Simply send between one satoshi (0.00000001 BTC) and $0.99 (99 US cents/penny), inclusive to 1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu to enter, along with posting the "block chain" tx and the word "Bitfie" somewhere in your post.

Or enter free by posting the following:

Code:
Bitfie

I'm not paying less than a penny to enter this stupid giveaway thingie because I'm a Bit-pinchie.

One entry per user account, but feel free to enter again using another account you may have on this forum. No need to declare that you have done such.

Those wanting a chance to win the entire pool if your post number of this thread is drawn, must have paid to entered. Those wanting to enter free for a chance to win 10% of the pool are able to via the way shown above via the code wrap text.

You'll be able to change from a free entry to a paid entry anytime up to 24 hours prior to the drawing date by simply editing your post and giving a "block chain" tx link.

Please accept my apologies if I somehow made this giveaway too complicated, for that truly wasn't my intent.

Bruno Kucinskas

Oh, it's not too complicated at all, I'm just not the brightest with these things untill they get explained to me =P. Also, is the $0.99 according to Mtgox price,Bitstamp, or?

Good question! But, there's a simple and fair answer: It doesn't matter! I simply look at the "block chain" tx submitted and if looks close enough, the entry's golden. Just declare what you send and it should be fine.

The only time I may look closer at a transaction is if a new Bitfie word is coined coinciding with some exact amount, but given the exchange rate fluctuating by the hour, it still may be off, hence resorting back to taking one word.

The bottom line, this is the fairest, cheapest, seeded "lottery" (for lack of a better word) I know of currently running.

https://blockchain.info/address/1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu

The current prize pool is $135.67.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
No

Simply send between one satoshi (0.00000001 BTC) and $0.99 (99 US cents/penny), inclusive to 1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu to enter, along with posting the "block chain" tx and the word "Bitfie" somewhere in your post.

Code:
Bitfie

I'm not paying less than a penny to enter this stupid giveaway thingie because I'm a Bit-pinchie.

One entry per user account, but feel free to enter again using another account you may have on this forum. No need to declare that you have done such.

Those wanting a chance to win the entire pool if your post number of this thread is drawn, must have paid to entered. Those wanting to enter free for a chance to win 10% of the pool are able to via the way shown above via the code wrap text.

You'll be able to change from a free entry to a paid entry anytime up to 24 hours prior to the drawing date by simply editing your post and giving a "block chain" tx link.

Please accept my apologies if I somehow made this giveaway too complicated, for that truly wasn't my intent.

Bruno Kucinskas

Oh, it's not too complicated at all, I'm just not the brightest with these things untill they get explained to me =P. Also, is the $0.99 according to Mtgox price,Bitstamp, or?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
Hello Bitfie community !
I am a Triskaidekaphile. While most people consider thirteen unlucky , the holy lord of 13s says other wise.
https://blockchain.info/tx/93aab05a8bf1923d7204bdd01c50f95a54a48bf24fed9aa95966bec093699c02

jambola2

Addressing your EDIT first, apologies for the tx fees. By the nature of Bitfie, any amount over 99 US cents wouldn't be considered a Bitfie, thus requesting an entry fee between one and ten dollars wouldn't work.

I do like your Luckfie suggestion, albeit it'll have to coined Luckie, sans the "f", for it to be dubbed correctly. The only reason selfie has an "f" in it's term is because the root word was "self" with an "ie" added. The term "Bitfie" was coined to be similar to "selfie", hence the use of the letter "f" in its naming. Apologies for any confusion.

I have sent 7c , the almost as luckie Tongue
https://blockchain.info/tx/fe7b501bc5ba78a5dd8d919650a852cfc9bb7a9e14009c3de46a2c5d2d6a4996

I have also sent you a contribution , that is not a Bitfie , but claims to be a bitfie , meet the Sexy Giftie ! ( 6.9 $ )

https://blockchain.info/tx/7954ebe783b06f9706d21083dbf3b363d303bf2832a32e7123e34d0b3f03a4fb

Note : As multiple entries is not allowed , the 6.9$ is not a entry but a contribution and the 7c is made to finance the next person with over 100 posts and who is too cheap to pay 1 c Tongue

EDIT: *jambola2 hides in the corner hoping his claiming of multiple names will not annoy Phin* ( *he wonders if he can call Phinnaeus , Phin* )
legendary
Hello Bitfie community !

jambola2

legendary
No

Code:
Bitfie

Bruno Kucinskas
legendary
My dear good Biftie old chap, what a splendid lark, or wheeze.

I have sent a Bobbie.

A Bobbie is one shilling sterling.

Said bob: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/ed0fd1d7fcbfebb0b805b9644d17b0194446fdcb21d5a4157e7f80b4d790f40c

Best of British,

railzand

"Shilling for whom?" one might ask. Check my sig....

I say, that's jolly good, my dear fellow.

http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/moneyold.htm

Bobbie it is! I like it! But, would you, or some other be so kind as to attach an exact US cent amount to a Bobbie? It looks like it's in the 7-8 cents range.

Thanks for playing, railzand, and it looks like you're officially entered since your post does include the word Bitfie and a link to the "block chain" tx.
Activity: 560
Activity: 672
Wait, what? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this? I don't quite understand the entire concept of a bitfie and how to enter this.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Create smart contracts without coding skills!
Code:
Bitfie

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
Hello Bitfie community !

jambola2

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Code:
Bitfie

Activity: 462
Lux e tenebris
My dear good Bitfie old chap, what a splendid lark, or wheeze.

I have sent a Bobbie.

A Bobbie is one shilling sterling.

Said bob: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/ed0fd1d7fcbfebb0b805b9644d17b0194446fdcb21d5a4157e7f80b4d790f40c

Best of British,

railzand

"Shilling for whom?" one might ask. Check my sig....
Activity: 266
Code:
Bitfie

legendary
Code:
Bitfie

I learnt something today! (not a diss toward the entrant, but about human nature in general)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Code:
Bitfie

legendary
I'm adding the following to the OP:

Go to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-great-bitfie-giveaway-1-lucky-winner-will-win-entire-wallet-seeded-w100-341886 and post the following:

Code:
Bitfie

You don't have to use the code wrap format, but it would be nice if you did.

Only one entry per user account, thus all your socks can participate.

If a Bit-pinchie is drawn first, they WILL NOT be entitled to the whole prize pool, unlike those that paid-to-play, of which will win the entire pool if chosen first, whereupon the contest will be declared over. But, if a Bit-pinchie is drawn first, then they will win only 10% of the pool, then a re-draw will commence until a person who submitted a Bitfie is declared a winner.

Given the above, it's possible to now have 10 winners, all receiving 10% of the prize pool each. Hell, if one has enough sockpuppet accounts, mathematically they could win it all without doling out one satoshi, of which is the bear minimum to enter, then be dubbed a Shrimpie or, in this case, a Satoshie, if the pay-to-play amount is exactly .0000001 BTC.

So, you wanna be a Bit-pinchie, Satoshie or Shrimpie? You're call. The only other two current options are Guppie or Whalie, but I somehow doubt that'll be the case since you're here reading on how to enter a giveaway contest for free.

~TMIBTCITW

PS: All entries must be posted in the linked thread above to qualify, and NOT this one. Feel free to ask questions in this thread, troll, or post links to view naked goats. I don't give a damn.
legendary
The current prize pool is $130.18

I'm not sure what it'll take for you guys to play, but I have a hunch, hence 'bout to pen another thread to get you cheap asses enrolled in The Great Bitfie Giveaway.

~TMIBTCITW
Pages:
Jump to: