Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 41. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
There are a lot of people that is saying that the halving will be not that best for the Bitcoin because the value kept already stable for a long time.
So I think also that Bitcoin needs a longer time until the value will be more worth so we can sell it with some nice profit.

Price wise the halving could be good for bitcoin but since the price already climbed, miners can make a decent profit at this prce so there is no reason to expect a price rise.
Nobody will know what the future will be for Bitcoin but the chance is high that the value keep stable and that is quite bad for the people who are waiting for a price increase.
Everyone is hoping that the value will be more worth so they can have more money later with it and that should be perfect.
I do not think that the price for the stability for bitcoin at this halving is high, but I will say there is no any chance of stability for about a year and at this July the price will boost up and after a few months will come to a stability.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
I don't think that the halving could be bad for the Bitcoin, especially if the Bitcoin's price will increase highly after this event, this will surely support this crypto currency and make it more popular.
Increase of bitcoin price isn't guaranteed
what happens if miners stop mining bitcoin? price will crash, we can only expect bitcoins price to rise up after halving but it isn't guaranteed.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I don't think that the halving could be bad for the Bitcoin, especially if the Bitcoin's price will increase highly after this event, this will surely support this crypto currency and make it more popular.
Activity: 602
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
i believe all bitcoin project is for bitcoin goodness,and also with bitcoin halving,we will wait what will happen to people reaction when halving come,number of block halving,and maybe bitcoin ditribtion will getting little hard,so the price will higher.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
There are a lot of people that is saying that the halving will be not that best for the Bitcoin because the value kept already stable for a long time.
So I think also that Bitcoin needs a longer time until the value will be more worth so we can sell it with some nice profit.

Price wise the halving could be good for bitcoin but since the price already climbed, miners can make a decent profit at this prce so there is no reason to expect a price rise.
Yes, if the miners also have collected a good amount of bitcoins then they will also earn a good amount of money with halving they should not have to sad on the news of halving but should have to collect as many bitcons as they can.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
The halving will affect the bitcoin price in short term. The mass adoption of the bitcoin determines its price.

The mass adoptions doesnt determines its price. Manipulation does, including rumours and halvings. Few months before and after halvings the price will keep on increasing, no one really cares about mass adoptions now as it is not really necessary for now, takes it as it is because everyone loves the price and this is a fact

Yeah mass adoption to bitcoin is not really necessary for price increase but it have really huge effect for bitcoin because the many the user the more trust to business world and it can gather more income to us, but in this coming halving i really think it has good effect on bitcoin industry becauese it reach again its another miles stone and price increase bad the bad effect of it is the price might go down because if those holding big amount of bitcoin do massive selling well it can it can affect to price down of bitcoin
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
The halving will affect the bitcoin price in short term. The mass adoption of the bitcoin determines its price.

The mass adoptions doesnt determines its price. Manipulation does, including rumours and halvings. Few months before and after halvings the price will keep on increasing, no one really cares about mass adoptions now as it is not really necessary for now, takes it as it is because everyone loves the price and this is a fact
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
https://twitter.com/HelioHash
Can't be bad, because halving is a
part of bitcoin design.

Each block reward halving represents a triumph for Bitcoin,
for they signify that Bitcoin has remained
relevant enough for mining to continue.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 306
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
The halving is good for those who have a lot of bitcoins in their wallet while for those who do not have any bitcoin and are busy in collecting bitcoin it will be very hard as they are collecting money for buying but daily with the rise of bitcoin value they are pushing away from buying it.
Activity: 420
I think halving is really good for bitcoin. I mean Halving make the price of bitcoin increase so high and for me it's really good for bitcoin because many popular will attracted to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
My friend says that bitcoin halving is good for bitcoin earners and traders and theres a bad for all bitcoin user except traders. Because when the bitcoin halving comes the price will be high i think almost $700 but the bad thing here is when the price is high many bitcoin users sell their btc. If many bitcoin users sell it the price of bitcoin dump at lowest price so its a bad for bitcoin users. But if we cooperate that we dont sell all our bitcoin we can prevent it. But many traders want it happen so that they can earn more. They want to buy bitcoin at lowest price and sell it at high price.(correct me please if im wrong).
Of course people will constantly repeat their buy low and sell high trading method and I can't blame them for doing that because I do the same and will continue to do that.

Bitcoin is a free market where people can pump the price as high as they want and they can also dump it as low as they want.

Nothing wrong with that as it allows small traders like we are to benefit from the greed of whales when they pump or dump the price in order to create panic.
Activity: 658
The most people are saying that the value will be not high in the halving because it kept a long time stable so the chance is small that it will rise up.
So we have to wait a longer time until the value will be more so you need also some patience for it otherwise you are not to be able to sell it with the high value.

halving effect is always in the price...

yeah directly halving indeed give effect to the bitcoin prices due course will demand more effect after bitcoin be reduced in number. but more than halving it You see many people have this enthusiasm will halving?
they even invite their friends to join? halving not just about price ?
Activity: 224
My friend says that bitcoin halving is good for bitcoin earners and traders and theres a bad for all bitcoin user except traders. Because when the bitcoin halving comes the price will be high i think almost $700 but the bad thing here is when the price is high many bitcoin users sell their btc. If many bitcoin users sell it the price of bitcoin dump at lowest price so its a bad for bitcoin users. But if we cooperate that we dont sell all our bitcoin we can prevent it. But many traders want it happen so that they can earn more. They want to buy bitcoin at lowest price and sell it at high price.(correct me please if im wrong).
I just wondering who want to buy Bitcoin at high price even though they can buy before at lower price before the halving. So, they are those traders, aren't they?
Activity: 420
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
halving is a decrease in the number bitcoin reward. I think with the dwindling supply bitcoin, the bitcoin will be increasingly sought after. This is good news because bitcoin will have an ever increasing prices in the market.
Activity: 294
I believe the regular halving, note not just this halving in particular, is good for BTC. The main reason is because it controls the total money supply that can be added into existence over time. That's what makes BTC so special, I think.
Activity: 196
I think the most likely suffer Halving the price up. I personally do not know what will happen after Halving whether prices will increase or remain the same, but most people believe that the price will rise, and it plays into the hands of speculators, and due to these sentiments, the demand and the actual price are growing.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
well it depend because at some point if the price will not increase there will be zero incentive for them to mine, unless they have free electrcity, but even then if the price is very low, they can not add other equipments and the network will not grow and can be vulnerable

and i doubt every single miners out there will have free electricity in the best scenario, so many will simply leave the game

When you write things like "zero incentive", "free electricity", and "every single miner", you are being absurd. None of those apply. It isn't worth discussing.

i'm just stating the truth, and what will never happen, there is no way the miners can continue to mine when the reward is almost zero if the price do not increase with the halving

If I may ask, is it possible that the current price of bitcoin has already factored in the halfing?  And I mean this in an efficient market hypothesis kind of way.  I don't pretend to understand bitcoin fully, but this halving is known well in advance.

yeah and it's the reason why we are safe already for this halving, but for the next one we need again a price increase

i've calculated that miners can continue to mine even below $100(around 70) per btc until this halving, and below $200(or around that) for the next one and so on

but this is the minimum, their profit would be very insignificant....

Now, i would like to see that calculation you made, please share  Roll Eyes
Activity: 998
Merit: 504

Yes it is true that the price is increased already, but at halving the price will increase more as the feefor miners will be reduced to half, and so it is said they they will less mine as today and in that way demand will increase and supply will decrease and so the price increase will occur.
Pages:
Jump to: