Pages:
Author

Topic: The higher the rise, the bigger the plunge (btc vs alts) - page 3. (Read 1317 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This is temporary mate very few coins have been able to maintain there price and money will be removed but trading will also happen simultaneously people are now only selling so maintaining the price is really hard. If you are not interested in the new coin just buy altcoins who's price according to you is low
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
i mentioned in another post (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22349089) that we'd see BTC approaching 6,000$ by mid october - apparently i wasn't so wrong. but i agree that there'll be major pullbacks. BTG is a joke fork with light atmosphere around it and people just seeing the opportunity for free money. Segwitx2 is wholly different. it is highly contentious and will probably bring lots of FUD. i expect BTC to drop more dramatically than 4,500$ before that, perhaps even back down to 3,000$. i think only part of the money will stay with solid alts. most of it will probably go in tether and especially fiat. however, IF the fork will be successful and the community will manage to consensually handle its aftermath, then we may really have Lambo times ahead for our alts - something like last spring, i would hope. but it remains a very big IF atm.

...we all know that making any predictions in crypto is a bit like trying to see the future through astrology, but this is where i stand now...

I agree 100%

thanks. i've also come across some of your other posts advocating first NEO and now SNM, and it really seems that we share quite a few opinions on crypto Wink
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
Bitcoin will reach $6000 to $7000 by time the 2nd fork starts in November. I don't see altcoins rising back before then.

Could be, I'm actually hoping it'll take a little longer before the alts go back up, I get paid in the beginning of november so if they stay down until then I can pick me up a few more good alts lol
Activity: 322
Bitcoin will reach $6000 to $7000 by time the 2nd fork starts in November. I don't see altcoins rising back before then.
Activity: 154
🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟
For the sake of my current bags I sure hop so  Cheesy. I am mainly in altcoins right now and my portfolio is not looking hot. I think your assesment is quite accurate though because this mooning of btc is due to

the forking. And once the forking is over and people sell their bitcoingold everything should go back to normals!
Activity: 126
i mentioned in another post (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22349089) that we'd see BTC approaching 6,000$ by mid october - apparently i wasn't so wrong. but i agree that there'll be major pullbacks. BTG is a joke fork with light atmosphere around it and people just seeing the opportunity for free money. Segwitx2 is wholly different. it is highly contentious and will probably bring lots of FUD. i expect BTC to drop more dramatically than 4,500$ before that, perhaps even back down to 3,000$. i think only part of the money will stay with solid alts. most of it will probably go in tether and especially fiat. however, IF the fork will be successful and the community will manage to consensually handle its aftermath, then we may really have Lambo times ahead for our alts - something like last spring, i would hope. but it remains a very big IF atm.

...we all know that making any predictions in crypto is a bit like trying to see the future through astrology, but this is where i stand now...
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
With Bitcoin rising so fast and the alts losing so much due to a number of factors (bitcoingold and upcoming segwitx2, among others), I can't help but wonder WHEN it'll all come crashing back down. Obviously the alts are in a perfect accumulation state (already doubled my holdings of most alts including SONM), so I'm really not too worried about it, but this is a rise that cannot sustain itself.

My guess is by the end of october bitcoin will have dropped back from 6K to about 4.5K, which means about 20-25 billion dollars will flow out of the market, and some will flow right back into the cheap yet durable alts like NEO, SONM, ETH, LTC, ...

What do you guys think?
Pages:
Jump to: