Pages:
Author

Topic: "The Hive" a $14,000usd Bitcoin Art Piece - page 4. (Read 11358 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 18, 2015, 10:08:25 PM
I dont think we need to clutter the thread with your nonsense any more, your ratings and reviews on the forum speak for themselves. Thanks for stopping by and gracing us with your ignorance Grin, Have an unpleasant evening  Wink
Activity: 740
Merit: 501
January 18, 2015, 10:03:07 PM
Not to be a downer but am I the only one who thinks this is complete crap? Some craved painted piece of wood for 14 fucking grant? Sounds like some dumb crap to me

Looks like we found a buttcoiner  Wink

It may help if you do a little reading first.

The wood is not painted, it is naturally watermelon red.
The wood is 3rd on the top most rarest wood on the planet thus VERY expensive.
The wood has the rare, watermelon deformity making it the rarest of the pink ivory species thus making in even more insanely expensive.
The wood by itself is 90% of the cost of the piece

and

Someone, ME, I, decided that such a rare and luxurious piece of wood should be made into something, an art piece, that represents bitcoin in its entirety.

Your not being a downer, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Not everyone is sophisticated enough to understand and appreciate fine art. Some people would rather blow their money on video games until their brain was fried, others have the intelligence to appreciate the finer things in life.  

It is nothing more than an exercise in futility to try and make someone with less than average intelligence understand things that are common sense to educated and sophisticated people.

We are here on a public forum to express our opinions, my opinion is that it's a worthless piece of shit. How is it indicative of my intelligence or entitles you to condescend and generally be an unpleasant fart I shall never know.

Who cares if it's the 3rd rarest sea shell with the 3rd rarest blue spot, it's still a useless crap.

Ahh, yes, we can see hints of the painters rough childhood at the bottom left strokes, the colors are clearly indicitive of his mixed sexual orientation and his sexual urges towards his mother, dem plebeians could never comprehend the sophistication! let me swirl my wine in my glass some more.
Meanwhile us normal people who aren't braindead pretentious faggot stoners are buying guns, cars and actual pieces of art.
Activity: 149
January 18, 2015, 10:01:07 PM
Not to be a downer but am I the only one who thinks this is complete crap? Some carved painted piece of wood for 14 fucking grant? Sounds like some dumb crap to me

You sound pretty ignorant - its a very rare wood, its been carved by a very talented guy. You need to educate yourself my friend. Some people pay millions for 'painted bits of wood' - seriously man, get a life!

UKcrypto, i couldn't have said it better myself. thanks buddy

Knowledge makes people humble....arrogance makes people ignorant.Smiley
January 18, 2015, 09:56:17 PM
Not to be a downer but am I the only one who thinks this is complete crap? Some carved painted piece of wood for 14 fucking grant? Sounds like some dumb crap to me

You sound pretty ignorant - its a very rare wood, its been carved by a very talented guy. You need to educate yourself my friend. Some people pay millions for 'painted bits of wood' - seriously man, get a life!

UKcrypto, i couldn't have said it better myself. thanks buddy
Activity: 149
January 18, 2015, 09:52:56 PM

January 18, 2015, 09:52:34 PM
Not to be a downer but am I the only one who thinks this is complete crap? Some craved painted piece of wood for 14 fucking grant? Sounds like some dumb crap to me

It's a $14,000 Bitcoin.  One day you'll call that cheap.

It's not even a satoshi, it's a worthless piece of wood, carve it up into a dildo and shove it up your wifes ass.

Its been done

TWICE

Your wife was very pleased.
January 18, 2015, 09:50:06 PM

Looks like we found a buttcoiner  Wink

It may help if you do a little reading first.

The wood is not painted, it is naturally watermelon red.
The wood is 3rd on the top most rarest wood on the planet thus VERY expensive.
The wood has the rare, watermelon deformity making it the rarest of the pink ivory species thus making in even more insanely expensive.
The wood by itself is 90% of the cost of the piece

and

Someone, ME, I, decided that such a rare and luxurious piece of wood should be made into something, an art piece, that represents bitcoin in its entirety.

Your not being a downer, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Not everyone is sophisticated enough to understand and appreciate fine art. Some people would rather blow their money on video games until their brain was fried, others have the intelligence to appreciate the finer things in life.  

It is nothing more than an exercise in futility to try and make someone with less than average intelligence understand things that are common sense to educated and sophisticated people.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.
January 18, 2015, 09:48:52 PM

It's not even a satoshi, it's a worthless piece of wood, carve it up into a dildo and shove it up your wifes ass.

Dude you sound like a real asshole right now...
January 18, 2015, 09:47:40 PM
Make up your mind.  Is it worthless or can it be used as a valuable marital aid?

It's valuable martial aid only if used as unintended by the author, one up the pooper the other up the vagaroo. I will gladly take the credit for this invention and would like to claim my 14k dead 'murican presidents now.
Activity: 518
January 18, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
Make up your mind.  Is it worthless or can it be used as a valuable marital aid?
January 18, 2015, 09:38:48 PM

January 18, 2015, 09:36:23 PM

It's a $14,000 Bitcoin.  One day you'll call that cheap.
January 18, 2015, 09:32:52 PM
Activity: 511
Merit: 500
Hempire Loading...
January 18, 2015, 08:10:51 PM
Pictured with "The Hive" is the BTC that is from pretty much every Casascius picture/video. The Orange BTC (Signed by Casascius) is what I told WoodCollector to base this on for size. I was going to hang The Hive next to it, but it would just make Mike's look bad lol.

I would display these side by side.  Mike's was clearly the inspiration, so the two pieces together tell a more complete story, one that is still unfolding.

Just my two bits.
legendary
Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015
January 17, 2015, 03:17:58 PM
Wow, if I was a klingon I'd buy it Cheesy
January 17, 2015, 03:09:37 PM
There should be plenty left from the B-holes to make a cigar box or two.
Activity: 511
Merit: 500
Hempire Loading...
January 17, 2015, 02:57:27 PM
Admiring this made me think I should bump it.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
November 24, 2014, 01:11:23 PM
Wow, it is incredibly cool and incredibly expensive  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
November 24, 2014, 09:07:49 AM
The wood was not cheap due to it being extremely rare...plus the hours to hand carve. The price sounds really high, but this is an art piece, so I did not expect to land it for $100.00. If I had gone with a more common wood the price would have been dramatically lower.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
November 24, 2014, 01:20:32 AM
This was a commissioned piece? How much profit did the artist make? What was the cost of the wood to begin with?

Your answers are in the thread Mr post skipper Tongue.
Pages:
Jump to: