Pages:
Author

Topic: "The Hive" a $14,000usd Bitcoin Art Piece - page 6. (Read 11358 times)

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
November 20, 2014, 12:03:34 PM
Etched?

Carved with the edge of a 1/4" roughing gouge and a skew chisel.
I can't even imagine the attention you need to give to hand carving such a large and expensive piece of hardwood with that kind of precision.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 20, 2014, 11:33:17 AM
Etched?

Carved with the edge of a 1/4" roughing gouge and a skew chisel.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
November 20, 2014, 11:26:45 AM
Etched?
November 20, 2014, 10:28:26 AM
Oh my god, that's so beautiful!

Thanks john, i appreciate the kind words. I have been Commissioned by a few members on the forum to create a few more custom works, None quite as expensive as this one but still out of super exotic and rare hardwood's so there will be a few beautiful Bitcoin pieces floating around over the next few months. Some of them inherently strange including a Bitcoin Bong and a Bitcoin Dildo, but all will be beautiful works of art.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
November 19, 2014, 08:43:04 PM
Oh my god, that's so beautiful!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
November 19, 2014, 07:37:31 PM
It should arrive soon...I will post some pictures for sure. I wanted to hang it by my signed BTC from Casascius, but it would make Mike's look silly.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
November 19, 2014, 07:34:51 PM
I am very excited to get this piece. I have not decided on how to keep it though..in a fancy display case or just hang it on the wall? I guess I will decide once it arrives!

Congrats! Looks damn nice.

OP please post a pic where we can see the real size of this thing. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
November 19, 2014, 07:24:46 PM
I am very excited to get this piece. I have not decided on how to keep it though..in a fancy display case or just hang it on the wall? I guess I will decide once it arrives!

Hang that shit on the wall Cheesy
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
November 19, 2014, 06:44:18 PM
Very nice piece, I am sure it looks much better in person too.

Yeah Cheesy There's this guy I chatted to a bit who buys gemstones in the Thailand market, so like you I'll probably come here first if I want anything particularly exotic so there's definitely a lot of potential here, oh and I spotted cuban cigars at one time though I don't know where that guy has gone.

I'd like to know where the Cuban cigar guy went. It's been a while since i had a good Cuban. I made a cigar tube and end punch for a client last year out of Amboyna Burl and when he came to pick it up he gave me a Cuban. Best 47 minutes of my year last year thats for sure, dying to get my hands on another.
I've bought some from https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/coldhardmetal-2834 in the past, but he doesn't seem to be very active anymore here. Couldn't hurt to pm him though.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 19, 2014, 12:05:05 PM

Either way you should post some pics with it up and on display with better lighting.  That thing is dope!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
November 19, 2014, 11:53:17 AM

Congrats on your lovely piece of art! Enjoy  Grin
legendary
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2014, 10:48:36 AM
Yeah Cheesy There's this guy I chatted to a bit who buys gemstones in the Thailand market, so like you I'll probably come here first if I want anything particularly exotic so there's definitely a lot of potential here, oh and I spotted cuban cigars at one time though I don't know where that guy has gone.

I'd like to know where the Cuban cigar guy went. It's been a while since i had a good Cuban. I made a cigar tube and end punch for a client last year out of Amboyna Burl and when he came to pick it up he gave me a Cuban. Best 47 minutes of my year last year thats for sure, dying to get my hands on another.

Might be worth asking around Tongue always opportunities with Bitcoin Cheesy
November 19, 2014, 08:45:50 AM

legendary
November 19, 2014, 04:29:00 AM
November 19, 2014, 04:03:13 AM
It was awesome seeing you guys work out those deals woodcollector, well done, not sure how I feel as an artist myself about the Bitcoin currency symbol being art though ;S lol I think it's a waste of good wood to be honest but at least he paid you well for the it. Being able to easily transfer money and import stuff that otherwise would be pretty difficult to do in other currencies is precisely what cryptocurrency was made for.

It took a lot of thought process on how one could turn the Bitcoin symbol into art.

I agree that importing difficult stuff is exactly what Bitcoin is for. Over the past 2 weeks i have been able to import just shy of $17,000 worth of exotic woods from around the world. Now including what i think will be my favorite "flavor of the month" Pure African Blackwood and the seller was able to get me a good size chunk of it. It is for sure going on the lathe when it arrives next week. It is without a doubt 1000% easier to do with Bitcoin and buying direct from someone than it is to go through my normal brokers. I had no idea what to expect when i set out to buy exotic wood with bitcoin, and no idea i would get such a huge response. Not only that, so many orders for custom work for so many different things from this forum. I am fairly new to Bitcoin and had some reservations coming in, but i have to say I'm a Bitcoiner for life now. It felt good to tell my wood broker when he called me yesterday to see if i had my order for the week together yet, "I got it handled already, i had it shipped in directly from Africa, Brasil, Guam, Hawaii, Etc" and its all thanks to Bitcoin
legendary
November 19, 2014, 03:43:20 AM
It was awesome seeing you guys work out those deals woodcollector, well done, not sure how I feel as an artist myself about the Bitcoin currency symbol being art though ;S lol I think it's a waste of good wood to be honest but at least he paid you well for the it. Being able to easily transfer money and import stuff that otherwise would be pretty difficult to do in other currencies is precisely what cryptocurrency was made for, I was wtfing when I saw some guy in africa offering to import rare wood for you.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
November 19, 2014, 02:36:06 AM
It's very beatiful but (also) very expensive  Grin ,  #Blazedout419 enjoy it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 19, 2014, 02:30:29 AM
Very nice work, Too bad it's out of my price range.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
November 19, 2014, 02:14:34 AM
Damn , it it beautiful Shocked but I would never spend that much money on such things like art piece etc.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1260
World Class Cryptonaire
November 19, 2014, 01:50:22 AM

I would have never guessed you are so Bit-Rich. Congratulations on such a rare wood turned into beautiful art!
Pages:
Jump to: