Pages:
Author

Topic: "The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago..." - page 6. (Read 5614 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
what can i say? those are the rules. Smiley if you plan to stick around for more than a day or two, it won't even matter. these rules drastically reduce pretty quickly. i can remember exactly how it works, though. happy posting!  Grin

Thanks!

I'm already out of the n00b prison, so that's cool. You're saying the 360 second rule will evaporate for me at some point?
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
what can i say? those are the rules. Smiley if you plan to stick around for more than a day or two, it won't even matter. these rules drastically reduce pretty quickly. i can remember exactly how it works, though. happy posting!  Grin
Ya I don't like the feature of 360 seconds before you can post but it is to prevent people spamming so it has to be there!!

Only there is bitcoin spam all over the place. So long as it's bitcoin related it's not considered spam??
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
"The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later."

Only that's not the case...

Anyone know how to disable this? I can't reply to topics. I can only create new ones so if anyone replies to this I won't be able to reply...

I'm getting that same error message, on my FIRST post. So something is messed up and I end up just going back to Reddit. Too many bugs preventing me from participating in actual conversation. Please fix this.
It's not just posting, per se. I'm pretty sure if you're logging in as a newbie, your initial log-in / registration counts towards this system. So, you need to wait 360 seconds after that to make your first post, for instance.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Ya I don't like the feature of 360 seconds before you can post but it is to prevent people spamming so it has to be there!!
Activity: 4
"The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later."

Only that's not the case...

Anyone know how to disable this? I can't reply to topics. I can only create new ones so if anyone replies to this I won't be able to reply...

I'm getting that same error message, on my FIRST post. So something is messed up and I end up just going back to Reddit. Too many bugs preventing me from participating in actual conversation. Please fix this.
Activity: 112
What I find annoying is when I do a search on bitcointalk, and get multiple links to read, check out 1, hit the back button to go back to my search list, it says I am searching too quickly and need to wait 60 seconds.

This !!!
Activity: 31
What I find annoying is when I do a search on bitcointalk, and get multiple links to read, check out 1, hit the back button to go back to my search list, it says I am searching too quickly and need to wait 60 seconds.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
The other way to do is to change your IP address when posting....
That's is probably the only way around it.

Is this allowed? I know alternative accounts are permitted, but I am not sure about this.
So as n00bs we're limited to posting/commenting no more often than every six minutes?

That certainly has a chilling effect on conversation.

Wait, is this worth posting if I can't comment again in six minutes?

The ten minute wait in subs like /r/politics (which has something to do with statists down-voting you)
is one of the few things I dislike about reddit.
Activity: 77
This is annoying... But no choice we have to bear with that as it is to prevent spammers. Undecided

Homeland Security tactics...

Next level shit...
Activity: 63
Bitcoin News-Reviews
This is annoying... But no choice we have to bear with that as it is to prevent spammers. Undecided

Homeland Security tactics...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
The other way to do is to change your IP address when posting....
That's is probably the only way around it.
Activity: 2
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
It's taking a while, much longer than it says in the FAQ, to get access to posting to other boards, it seems...
Activity: 3
wtf is this bs?!?
Activity: 77
These stringent "features" are pretty annoying but I guess they're necessary until this forum can get more mods to look out for spammers/hackers/assholes...
Bitcoin News-Reviews
Every forum has spammers and its usually the job of admins and mods to sort them out.

These "features" instead make for a bad user experience for some, which also causes confusion.
So the result is that every user is now jailed as a suspected spammer until certain conditions are met.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Omg to much problems on this forum....just to send message (

They aren't 'problems', they are 'features'.  Wink

I'm sure the moderators already have enough to handle without people constantly spamming with new accounts.
Bitcoin News-Reviews
you cant.. u have to wait its time. until it upgrades u

Let's see if this goes through...

Ah, okay. Thanks.

I cant see it
Pages:
Jump to: