Pages:
Author

Topic: The Lost Ideology of Cryptography. Can we regain it again? - page 2. (Read 315 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
People don't care about decentralization, freedom or control over their financial activity so i doubt it can be gained again, at least without major even which could change one's ideology.

It depends on people firstly Smiley That's called diversity if I am correct. As for me financial freedom supported with decentralization is important. Do you wait for majority to get personal financial freedom? Me not, sorry. I will support decentralization and financial freedom. Even alone
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
The primary purpose of cryptography is financial anonymity,

I think you messed up the two at this point.

The main purpose of BTC if we take Satoshi's paper, for example, is clear, a P2P  system.
Anonymity came later and nowhere as important and later you make it sound like all cryptos are supposed to be used anonymously and all you can do with them is trading.

No, RL usage is what matters and you can't create anything anonymous there.

And if we talk of exchanges, I have dealt with a few before when they didn't require all that KYC, did that make my transactions secret? No, because I had to use my damn bank account to cash out Grin.

Currently, we are developing our P2P trading platform called RiseX which won’t impose any verification methods or trading limits because it contradicts with cryptography ideology. We want to build a place where people can trade without revealing their personal information.

So your platform won't involve fiat I guess since at that point all the so-called privacy is over.
And sorry to say it, but trading shitcoins anonymously....not really satoshi's vision I would say.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Cryptocurrency initially started with the idea of building a p2p transaction network which will be anonymous and a person will have full control on his own finance. I agree that we have long diverted from this ideology but the question is why?

I strongly believe that we have diverted for good. Since the inception, we have seen cryptos flourishing only because we have adopted the changes. Otherwise cryptos wouldn't have existed till date if we tried to fight for the initial ideology.

Cryptos presented an idea to the mass which is directly opposite to the ideologies of a government run system. To live with the initial idea, we would have needed to create a separate country where the influence of UN or world bank is zero. That certainly sounds like a rebellious idea, isn't it? Otherwise hiding all financial information and achieve supremacy over your own finances is a dangerous idea according to the governments.

So to deal with this situation, we had to take a midway. We are using cryptos but after complying with certain set of rules. Obviously there are countries who are friendly to it and who are completely against it. That's called diversity and we will have to live with it. You and I can't leave our families behind and go to an unknown place to start a guerrilla warfare against the current system. So we gave away some of the privileges and enjoying some it. A peaceful solution!

I don't believe we will regain the initial ideology of cryptos ever unless there is a worldwide nuclear war where majority of the population dies or the world economy is shattered to the ashes without any hope of getting back into track. Lets admit these facts and continue showing your love and affection for cryptos being in the current situation. That's the best we can do!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I don't think only anonymity is important for cryptocurrency. The most important for me is that it is decentral money which is "free" and not controlable by the normal bank system. But I think for most cryptoinvestors the most important is to make money with it in any form.
copper member
Activity: 285
Merit: 156
RiseXman
Have you ever asked yourself what’s the main idea behind cryptography and cryptocurrencies as the end product of it? The last 2 years were marked with dramatic legalization attempts of different cryptocurrencies, and it lead most companies to KYC implementation across the industry.

The primary purpose of cryptography is financial anonymity, and some of the services impose new rules of identity verification, even if your trading volumes are low. Recently we were doing a short industry overview with our team and came to the conclusion that cryptocurrencies are under pressure, EU and US are actively trying to get taxes from every financial operation made with crypto.

We were lucky to get evidence from one of our subscribers, who told that the oldest P2P exchange LocalBitcoins is verifying user profiles if their trading volume has crossed $7,500 mark. Even banks don’t put their attention on such small amounts. Moreover, your account gets suspended, and simply you can’t trade until you send them your documents.

Sure, maybe AML laws made them taking these measures, but regardless of that if you are building this kind of the business, don't you analyze what's going to happen next?

Currently, we are developing our P2P trading platform called RiseX which won’t impose any verification methods or trading limits because it contradicts with cryptography ideology. We want to build a place where people can trade without revealing their personal information.

Our team is just wondering what people think about these measures that most projects take? What future would you prefer in the cryptocurrency industry?
Pages:
Jump to: