Pages:
Author

Topic: The next bitcoin bubble will be massive - page 2. (Read 15323 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
I predict a buying opportunity around $13 some time between October '12 and the end of February '13. Then back to never-
ending bull run.

Just noticed this post from back in August. Nothing lasts forever of course but not too shabby thus far. […]

Excellent prediction, right on target, except for "never-ending". There are no never-ending bull runs. But I take that as a benevolent exaggeration, and so you should be admired, calian.

Of course there is always the suspicion that, with hindsight, we can now pick out just those predictions that turned out to be correct by sheer luck.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
I predict a buying opportunity around $13 some time between October '12 and the end of February '13. Then back to never-
ending bull run.

Just noticed this post from back in August. Nothing lasts forever of course but not too shabby thus far. http://www.bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg360ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv
Why do you think bitcoin cannot "incorporate the bitcoin experience" and be improved itself? That seems like the path of least resistance. I think many people miss the social aspect of bitcoin. Anything can be changed, even the 21 mil limit. Personally if that looks like that will happen I'm out though.

Because to change bitcoin you would need a solid majority in favor of a particular change. Then  you'd have to fork, which can be a painful process involving double-spending and all kinds of technical errors and fraud.

But I agree that this is also possible. I wouldn't mind going that way if it turned out to be workable.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I have to be honest, I think the bubble is going to burst in the next 6 months.

There are some fundamental issues with bitcoin that will surface in next few months. On the other hand I have no doubt until these issues surface, the price will continue to rise.

Buyer beware!

Yeah.  You keep saying that, in many threads.

And yet you never say what those "fundamental issues" are, do you?

I won't bother asking, since I see your ignorance and know you can't and won't respond to that.  But I will ask this:

Why?  Why troll?  Does it make you feel powerful?  Influential?

You aren't either of those things.  But I'd be interested in your own take on it.

I don't think it's trolling, but rather someone trying to spread FUD in order to buy in lower, as mentioned a few posts earlier
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

There are some fundamental issues with bitcoin that will surface in next few months. On the other hand I have no doubt until these issues surface, the price will continue to rise.

Buyer beware!

Yeah.  You keep saying that, in many threads.

And yet you never say what those "fundamental issues" are, do you?

I won't bother asking, since I see your ignorance and know you can't and won't respond to that.  But I will ask this:

Why?  Why troll?  Does it make you feel powerful?  Influential?

You aren't either of those things.  But I'd be interested in your own take on it.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Just discovered this thread, good read. I'll add to that chorus of if they increase the 21 million limit, i'll be out.

Was curious where you got the $120 figure from ?

can they do that?    even if they can, i doubt they will. 

Its some lines of code, if everyone agrees it can be changed... It will go against the bitcoin prime directives to do so and the project will be abandoned by the critically thinking people if it occurs. It is still a possibility if enough foolish people get involved and somehow influential. The rest of us will move on to the next thing.

yeah thats why you hedge into LTC/TRC

also if the 51% did decide this they would be massively shooting their own value in the foot so to speak so it is unlikely they will change...what value would it have to them to do this??? none, just dilute their asset price
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Buyer beware!
It is hard to warn about alleged issues with Bitcoin without sounding like you just wanna scare peeps a little so you can buy a bit cheaper...

Especially when you blame "fundamental issues" yet provide no examples.
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder

Buyer beware!
I agree 110% that there are fundamental issues with Bitcoin... the most important being that I don't have enough of them! Smiley
Activity: 616
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
April 01, 2013, 11:17:15 PM

Buyer beware!
It is hard to warn about alleged issues with Bitcoin without sounding like you just wanna scare peeps a little so you can buy a bit cheaper...
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
April 01, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

Buyer beware!
Activity: 728
April 01, 2013, 08:52:17 PM
Just discovered this thread, good read. I'll add to that chorus of if they increase the 21 million limit, i'll be out.

Its some lines of code, if everyone agrees it can be changed... It will go against the bitcoin prime directives to do so and the project will be abandoned by the critically thinking people if it occurs. It is still a possibility if enough foolish people get involved and somehow influential. The rest of us will move on to the next thing.
April 01, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

See the OP 30 x 4 ...
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
April 01, 2013, 08:47:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
April 01, 2013, 08:28:14 PM

legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
April 01, 2013, 07:58:34 PM
We have seen 600% growth in price over the last three and a half months.  When do people think it looks, acts and feels like a bubble?  When we see 1000% in five months? 10,000% in twelve months?  In most bubbles there is evidence of the price curve experiencing exponential growth before the bust when everyone tries to sell at the same time. 

Nobody knows where the peak is with this one.
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
April 01, 2013, 07:31:54 PM
Its funny that this past performance -> future results analysis seems to be somewhat accurate. But how else would you expect the price to go other than a series of these "bubbles". The value really is either zero or a lot. If the answer is a lot it won't be a straight line, that is for sure.

I am already expecting the current bubble to burst and then the next bubble peak to follow in another two or three years.

But this is not good for bitcoin's reputation. If bitcoins shall be used for real-world trades, i.e. paying for goods and services, then we need stability.

On rainy Mondays I consider bitcoin to be a first try, hopefully to be followed by something better that incorporates the bitcoin experience and improves on it.

On Sundays I tend to think that these are teething problems and that bitcoin will stabilize in a few years, after all those newbie speculators have given me their money. Smiley

Why do you think bitcoin cannot "incorporate the bitcoin experience" and be improved itself? That seems like the path of least resistance. I think many people miss the social aspect of bitcoin. Anything can be changed, even the 21 mil limit. Personally if that looks like that will happen I'm out though.

If they raised the 21 mil limit peoples confidence would be shattered. I would be out as well.
April 01, 2013, 06:57:25 PM
Its funny that this past performance -> future results analysis seems to be somewhat accurate. But how else would you expect the price to go other than a series of these "bubbles". The value really is either zero or a lot. If the answer is a lot it won't be a straight line, that is for sure.

I am already expecting the current bubble to burst and then the next bubble peak to follow in another two or three years.

But this is not good for bitcoin's reputation. If bitcoins shall be used for real-world trades, i.e. paying for goods and services, then we need stability.

On rainy Mondays I consider bitcoin to be a first try, hopefully to be followed by something better that incorporates the bitcoin experience and improves on it.

On Sundays I tend to think that these are teething problems and that bitcoin will stabilize in a few years, after all those newbie speculators have given me their money. Smiley

April 01, 2013, 06:29:51 PM

April 01, 2013, 06:23:45 PM
Have you not seen silk road?  There are many thousands of sellers, it's huge and growing, it's WAY more than doubled.

How do you know?

Even if that were true, if the bitcoin value were mainly based on illegal drug trade, we would be doomed.
April 01, 2013, 06:21:14 PM
Pages:
Jump to: