Pages:
Author

Topic: The official MacMiner thread [BTC/LTC-CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC] - page 22. (Read 166700 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Ok.(I start mining this week)

I am using this pool :
http://spare.ozco.in:9333
I don't find any log. But here is the message box text :

"bfgminer has started
The primary pool is set to http://spare.ozco.in:9333 and the user is set to flushdream.1"

That's all i know.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Hi,

Congrats for your app ! Looks pretty and comments are positive but... I can't run it properly.
Here is the config :
I am using a MBP 13" on Mavericks (Xcode installed) and i want to mine with cpu.
Ok i'm already mining with GPU with desktop computer on Windows, so i am register to a pool, i have workers, passwords, correct address.

So i open MacMiner, open CPU Miner, and i get this message when i start.

[2013-11-25 00:22:54] 2 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-11-25 00:22:54] HTTP request failed: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
[2013-11-25 00:22:54] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds.

Where is the problem? thanks

looks like a problem with the pool, can you post what you put for the pool here and maybe any more of the log if there is any please?
Activity: 6
Hi,

Congrats for your app ! Looks pretty and comments are positive but... I can't run it properly.
Here is the config :
I am using a MBP 13" on Mavericks (Xcode installed) and i want to mine with cpu.
Ok i'm already mining with GPU with desktop computer on Windows, so i am register to a pool, i have workers, passwords, correct address.

So i open MacMiner, open CPU Miner, and i get this message when i start.

[2013-11-25 00:22:54] 2 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-11-25 00:22:54] HTTP request failed: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
[2013-11-25 00:22:54] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds.

Where is the problem? thanks
Thanks guys!

Just a heads up, I'll be attending the free London Bitcoin expo this coming Saturday

http://www.bitcoinexpo.co.uk/

Not exhibiting, but hopefully I'll have some badges done to hand out to Mac users Smiley
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
very good site thank you
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
bfgminer is the latest 3.6 but cgminer is a little out of date because it's had a lot of issues with usb - i'll be testing the latest for the next release but right now it's at 3.4.3

Please let me know how the test goes - I hear you should use

-S bigpic:all

instead of or before -S all

Yes, I found that using bfgminer 3.6 would accommodate a BFL Jalapeno, a Blue Fury USB stick and a bunch of Block Erupters but I had to add the Block Erupters after it had recognized the Jally and Blue Fury.  I'll let you know how it goes.
bfgminer is the latest 3.6 but cgminer is a little out of date because it's had a lot of issues with usb - i'll be testing the latest for the next release but right now it's at 3.4.3

Please let me know how the test goes - I hear you should use

-S bigpic:all

instead of or before -S all
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
I have tried reinstalling and all of the above and it still says this:
dyld: Library not loaded: /Applications/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/lib/libblkmaker-0.1.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/TR4L/Downloads/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/lib/libblkmaker_jansson-0.1.0.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Please move MacMiner to the applications folder and make sure it's named MacMiner.app and it should work for you!

Drewage: did you install any drivers? I'll update bfgminer  for you and hopefully that'll get things working!

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I didn't.  I just abandoned it for the moment and installed the latest BFGMiner in an Ubuntu VM and that got it working.  I will update to the latest MacMiner version and try out my new Bi•Fury stick when it arrives Monday.  What versions are CGMiner and BFGMiner up to in 1.4.20?
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I'll add that to the list of things to change, I didn't really notice it before but now you mention it it's starting to bug me in the API Output window!

Thank you so much! Smiley
My intention isn't to sound snarky, XFox, but have you tried disregarding the red underlines? They don't affect the operation of MacMiner...

I tried but I miserably failed! Tongue
Jokes apart, I'm also worried that underlining the "mistyped" words could steal precious cycles from my GPU… or am I paranoid? Huh
I'll add that to the list of things to change, I didn't really notice it before but now you mention it it's starting to bug me in the API Output window!
Activity: 205
My intention isn't to sound snarky, XFox, but have you tried disregarding the red underlines? They don't affect the operation of MacMiner...
I mean to change that so they read different files, sorry about that I haven't been paying quite so much attention to the cgminer side of things so I'll do that up for the next release!

Thank you very much!
I'm sorry to bother you so much but I'm testing the 1.4.20 release and I noticed that the Release Notes window truncates the lines of text displayed in it, at least on Lion.
On another note, it would be really great (at least for me Cheesy) if the spelling correction functions would be disabled by default in every miner output window. I mean the "Check Spelling While Typing" and "Correct Spelling Automatically" options in the "Edit" -> "Spelling and Grammar" menu. Right now I have to manually disable them each time I launch MacMiner to stop it underlining each "word" it doesn't like. This is a very tiny detail, I know! Embarrassed
No, I was looking at the Pool Settings BTC pools list, thanks for the head up.
By the way, I noticed that the window that appears when I click the "Advanced Settings" -> "Edit config file manually" button in CGMiner is titled "BFGMiner config file" and even the configuration file itself is named bfgurls.conf… this is a bit inconsistent, if the idea is to have a single BTC configuration file for all the bundled miner applications I think the file should be named something like btcurls.conf (just like the ltcurls.conf LTC configuration file) and the editing window should be simply titled something like "Configuration files" since it has two tabs for both the BTC and LTC config files.

I mean to change that so they read different files, sorry about that I haven't been paying quite so much attention to the cgminer side of things so I'll do that up for the next release!
No, I was looking at the Pool Settings BTC pools list, thanks for the head up.
By the way, I noticed that the window that appears when I click the "Advanced Settings" -> "Edit config file manually" button in CGMiner is titled "BFGMiner config file" and even the configuration file itself is named bfgurls.conf… this is a bit inconsistent, if the idea is to have a single BTC configuration file for all the bundled miner applications I think the file should be named something like btcurls.conf (just like the ltcurls.conf LTC configuration file) and the editing window should be simply titled something like "Configuration files" since it has two tabs for both the BTC and LTC config files.
1.4.20 also changes the default backup pools to jedimstr's and elizium - but you need to open pool settings and click 'save & start' for the change to take effect
problem here it doesn't work only shows this message

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/bin/bfgminer

i'm using a block eruptor with drivers installed
Sorry about that, just pushed 1.4.20 to fix 1.4.19!
Activity: 42
problem here it doesn't work only shows this message

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/bin/bfgminer

i'm using a block eruptor with drivers installed
Are you checking in miner settings - edit config file manually? If so that's quite an odd thing and could you paste it here please?
Nogleg.com p2pool is no more.  Check the main P2Pool thread and zvs' recent posts for details. You should remove them from your backup pool list.

The funny thing is that I don't see any nogleg.com:9332 server in the backup pool list!
Pages:
Jump to: