Pages:
Author

Topic: The official MacMiner thread [BTC/LTC-CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC] - page 18. (Read 166698 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

Gotcha - that looks like it is still an issue:

Code:
bfgminer -d? -S all
 [2013-12-17 20:00:27] Started bfgminer 3.8.1
Bus error: 10

But I was using this, which seems to work:

Code:
bfgminer -d? -S bigpic:all -S bfl:all
 [2013-12-17 20:00:16] Started bfgminer 3.8.1
 [2013-12-17 20:00:20] Devices detected:
 [2013-12-17 20:00:20]  Device (driver=bigpic; procs=1; path=/dev/cu.usbmodem3a21)
 [2013-12-17 20:00:20]  Device (driver=bitforce_queue; procs=8; path=/dev/cu.usbserial-FTWM0IHH)
2 devices listed
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
The conflicts between the RedFury and other devices like BFL also usually occurs with Block Erupters.
I thought the conflict was fixed for BE? It was for me anyway… anyone who can figure the root cause of my problem before I do would be most appreciated Smiley

It was fixed by technique not by any actual driver fixes as far as I know... the problem is in the serial scanning especially if you specify :all.  Some of the drivers mess up other devices that aren't of that type whenever you scan:all.
One way around it is to specify with actual device paths...but for 43 BE's that can change over time? Forget about it...

What you have to do is attach each device in turn and add/scan all one group at a time.  Should also work for the BFL.

For instance in my case, startup with Erupters and GPU.
Then go to M & + in the menu to add new devices after plugging the device in while BFGMiner is running, one group at a time (i.e., bifury:all).

If you try to load all of these in order via the commandline or from the conf file, you'll get only the first group and it won't find the subsequent devices until you unplug-replug.

BTW- for any Bi*Fury users out there... the driver on the Mac requires you to startup BFGMiner via sudo or you won't be able to detect the device.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
I meant to ask you, are you using FPGA/ASIC Miner window when trying to get network API output? At the moment API Output only shows up when that window is running but very soon that will be separated out.

That did the trick!
I was using the API Output window without starting the FPGA/ASIC Miner window first.
Thank you very much, it is working fine now with my KnCMiner October Mercury. Grin
Good to know! It should be totally separate from any other window in one of the next releases.
The conflicts between the RedFury and other devices like BFL also usually occurs with Block Erupters.
I thought the conflict was fixed for BE? It was for me anyway… anyone who can figure the root cause of my problem before I do would be most appreciated Smiley
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I meant to ask you, are you using FPGA/ASIC Miner window when trying to get network API output? At the moment API Output only shows up when that window is running but very soon that will be separated out.

That did the trick!
I was using the API Output window without starting the FPGA/ASIC Miner window first.
Thank you very much, it is working fine now with my KnCMiner October Mercury. Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

There are ways around that.. for instance, here's my Mac Pro running 44 Block Erupters, a RedFury, and a Bi*Fury all at the same time:

Let me know if you want to know how I did that Wink
actually i was hoping to have inevertell post that - but seeing as you have one, what does it show up as in /dev/ ?

I'm referring to this issue:
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/issues/338

perhaps it's fixed by updating libusb to 1.0.2? I'll give that a shot
the problem with versions of bfgminer newer than 3.6 is specifically a conflict with BFL hardware - it works if you don't have any BFL plugged in.

Can you paste the output of ls -l here please?

I'm not running MacMiner or the MacMiner builds of bfgminer. I'm compiling them myself. Where do you want me to list directory contents?
the problem with versions of bfgminer newer than 3.6 is specifically a conflict with BFL hardware - it works if you don't have any BFL plugged in.

But due to the error bfgminer 3.8.1 for mac was compiled without little fury driver for MacMiner

Can you paste the output of ls -l here please?
Unfortunately the little fury driver is broken in bfgminer for Mac so for now cgminer is the only way to go.

I can hash using a Red Fury on OS X with bfgminer without any issues. What problems have you found? There's an article with instructions here.
That's not true of versions newer than bfgminer 3.6

Activity: 172
Unfortunately the little fury driver is broken in bfgminer for Mac so for now cgminer is the only way to go.

I can hash using a Red Fury on OS X with bfgminer without any issues. What problems have you found? There's an article with instructions here.
That's not true of versions newer than bfgminer 3.6
The last version of MacMiner with bfgminer 3.6 was 1.4.25 so you could actually use the backends from that version or that version on it's own - it's still up on the downloads page of the website
MacMiner 1.5 has been released featuring

An updated GUI

Preferences for spoken warnings

fixes several important bugs

The further features I have intended for this version will be released in the style of previous MacMiner versions, in frequent minor updates.

Activity: 172
Hi BitBacco

I've been using macminer for the mini-setup (2 jala, 20 BE) with macminer without issue for months now.

I was recently given 1 Red Bitfury usb miner.

I haven't been able to get it running with macminer under the FPGA/ASIC Device miner with the rest of my miners. It does not detect it.

I can however run a window of CG miner and it will detect and hash with the bitfury device without issue. The only issues I run into is that I need to run the 2 separate windows, not such a big deal at all.. but also in the CGminer window it is constantly spitting out this type of error ( its still trying to initialize the BEs and Jala even though they are mining already.)

[2013-12-17 14:09:25] BitForceSC detect (253:37) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)                    
[2013-12-17 14:10:53] Icarus detect (253:21) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)                    
 [2013-12-17 14:10:53] Icarus detect (253:20) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)                    
 [2013-12-17 14:10:54] Icarus detect (253:19) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)                    
 [2013-12-17 14:10:54] Icarus detect (253:16) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)                    

Combined I still get the proper hashrate reported as far as I can tell, could these errors be slowing me down at all? Could they be avoided somehow? Can I get the bitfury device to run under BFGminer (FPGA/ASIC window) with all my other devices?

I've tried the -S bigpic:all command and when I do this, none of the devices are detected at all.

Anyways, any ideas?
Thanks

MacPro
OS X Mountain Lion (cannot upgrade to mavericks yet)
The MacMiner github has been updated, so this is a good opportunity for any of you Mac devs out there to get involved!
https://github.com/fabulouspanda/MacMiner
Version 1.4.27 released on a new server, so downloads should be faster now!

- Fixes several bugs
- Adds spoken warnings of 0 hash rate and pool authorisation failure - preferences for warnings to follow
- Prevents quit while miners are running

Please let me know if anyone else is having Check for Updates grey out when clicked and fail to act…
No, it's definitely slow for me here in the States, BitBacco. Unusually slow, even, but I've somehow managed to persevere each time. No doubt they will sing songs of my bravery and fortitude...
Damn, the host must be throttling it… I'll move the files over to a new server. Sorry about that in the meantime!
Activity: 205
No, it's definitely slow for me here in the States, BitBacco. Unusually slow, even, but I've somehow managed to persevere each time. No doubt they will sing songs of my bravery and fortitude...
Pages:
Jump to: