Pages:
Author

Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread - page 56. (Read 165272 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

We have also added MasterCoin in our wiki. And now has it's own page on http://coinwik.org. A wikipedia listing all the alt coins to help everyone to quickly find facts and links about their favorite coin.

http://coinwik.org/MasterCoin

If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
What a pity mastercoin, your guys just ruined a promising project due to your limited ability! Even though I just lost 80% of my savings and half of years, I can't image a team can't win a guy! Two weeks of omniwallet is just a joke! Goodbye, mastercoin, you are born on a irresponsible team who made a sadness to mastercoiners, who ... are ... son of b...
i agree you,you are right!
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
What a pity mastercoin, your guys just ruined a promising project due to your limited ability! Even though I just lost 80% of my savings and half of years, I can't image a team can't win a guy! Two weeks of omniwallet is just a joke! Goodbye, mastercoin, you are born on a irresponsible team who made a sadness to mastercoiners, who ... are ... son of b...
Activity: 285
It takes 7 guys 3 months to fix email?  Mastercoiner form is dead.  No wonder there is no interest in this stupid coin.

Nothing but total silence for so long.  The MSC project is over.  Dead.

While Ron announces his 'personal assistant' - the project is now dead.  MSC is finished.  Killed by incompetence.

Hey, mikewirth, what's wrong with you?
Tired of hoping something would come of MSC project.  Damn thing is nothing but disappointment.  What is wrong with you?

Please stop screaming.

We can do something good to the MSC project, not just waiting.

For example, vote for Mastercoin ( https://hitbtc.com/vote ) or take part in the projects testing.
THIS IS SCREAMING - ASSHOLE!   I wasn't screaming.  I am just trying to say MSC has died a miserable death.  No activity visible anywhere.  mastercoin.org is a desert.
I think that  you are right!
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
And finally, the realization sinks in...

Raised money does not equal instant success.

(Unless you've been drawing your pay from the pile of funds, I guess.)
Activity: 532
It takes 7 guys 3 months to fix email?  Mastercoiner form is dead.  No wonder there is no interest in this stupid coin.

While Ron announces his 'personal assistant' - the project is now dead.  MSC is finished.  Killed by incompetence.

Tired of hoping something would come of MSC project.  Damn thing is nothing but disappointment.  What is wrong with you?

Please stop screaming.

For example, vote for Mastercoin ( https://hitbtc.com/vote ) or take part in the projects testing.
THIS IS SCREAMING - ASSHOLE!   I wasn't screaming.  I am just trying to say MSC has died a miserable death.  No activity visible anywhere.  mastercoin.org is a desert.
Activity: 31

Please stop screaming.

Activity: 31

Any news from MSC foundation and omniwallet?
Activity: 27
Any news from MSC foundation and omniwallet?
Activity: 669
Merit: 500
So this mean in theory that he can (and) keep price up

How? I mean.. wouldn't he require lots of fiat instead of coins to buy the price up?

In theory he keeps the price inflated by not selling.

Satoshi, at most, owns 8% of the bitcoin in circulation. Jed owns/owned 9% of the xrp. You can now appreciate the position JR is in, owning 31% of msc.

Personally I think JR should burn his 40% bonus coins, but in reality, it doesnt make much of a difference overall. He'll never be able to sell a majority of his coins.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
So this mean in theory that he can (and) keep price up

How? I mean.. wouldn't he require lots of fiat instead of coins to buy the price up?
Activity: 644
What % of MSC does JR own?

31.08%

Plus the board controls an additional 10%

So this mean in theory that he can (and) keep price up when real price is like $6-$12, if look how development and mastercoin project go forward..
Probably, but also means satoshi can do this with Bitcoin.
Not a big deal. Dacoin paid for it.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

31.08%

So this mean in theory that he can (and) keep price up when real price is like $6-$12, if look how development and mastercoin project go forward..

31.08%

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

You know, in light of whats happening with Ripple, I think it would be a good time to make some rules/clarifications regarding JR's stash. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I'm totally happy with JR having a crap load of Mastercoins. Nothing makes me happier then a) him having incentive to keep working b) it being build on Bitcoin so thus not being a distraction. Maybe I've love to have more Mastercoins myself, but he did PAY for them with over 1K of BTC which would have had him riding pretty high in the real world had he not invested them. (Can he get them back out?)

That said, maybe just clarify for everyone your intentions for the future? So we don't have to deal with a Ripple-esque shit storm some point in the future?

thanks!

"Judge people by their actions not by their words"

JR's actions went against his words. I do not blame him for this but it does shed light on his true nature. You just can't trust him. It doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Anyone investing in mastercoins has to consider the real possibility that JR will announce he'll dump all his coins at any given moment.

Until there is a means of him time locking his coins, we just have to keep, in the back of our minds, his previous actions.

P.S.

I seem to remember JR mentioning before the IPO, he would not be buying in during the beginning of the IPO, but towards the end, as to not accept a large bonus. He also went against his words and bought in on the second or third day.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

Why would someone request payment in mastercoins if they were going to convert it to bitcoins immediately?

They knew the payer was a large MSC holder, and the payer (who is a generous, trusting soul) wanted to get the payee more invested in the MSC ecosystem while working on some private MSC projects. After my warning that the payee would almost certainly crash the market, they spoke and the payee said they would only sell ~10% on the open market, but I was dubious that this person who never had the next months rent would suddenly develop responsible money habits.

Sure enough, the entire sum went straight to MasterXChange. Bah.

I'm a little annoyed that this happened to be sure, but it doesn't affect our long-term prospects. Just an opportunity to get some cheap MSC, IMHO.
It kind-of reminds me of the time when MSC was at .25 and you decided to sell and made a major announcement to that effect.  The market crashed almost exactly the same way.  After these crashes, interest and devs leave the project (Tachikoma).  There should have been some kind of 'lock out' agreement which prevented mass selling by insiders looking to crash the project momentum.  What a shame really.

JR did have a self imposed lock out agreement that he would not sell below .75 but somehow the board members convinced him to "diversify" his holdings.

JR, you've been giving Jed advise this week?

You know, in light of whats happening with Ripple, I think it would be a good time to make some rules/clarifications regarding JR's stash. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I'm totally happy with JR having a crap load of Mastercoins. Nothing makes me happier then a) him having incentive to keep working b) it being build on Bitcoin so thus not being a distraction. Maybe I've love to have more Mastercoins myself, but he did PAY for them with over 1K of BTC which would have had him riding pretty high in the real world had he not invested them. (Can he get them back out?)

That said, maybe just clarify for everyone your intentions for the future? So we don't have to deal with a Ripple-esque shit storm some point in the future?

thanks!

Why would someone request payment in mastercoins if they were going to convert it to bitcoins immediately?

They knew the payer was a large MSC holder, and the payer (who is a generous, trusting soul) wanted to get the payee more invested in the MSC ecosystem while working on some private MSC projects. After my warning that the payee would almost certainly crash the market, they spoke and the payee said they would only sell ~10% on the open market, but I was dubious that this person who never had the next months rent would suddenly develop responsible money habits.

Sure enough, the entire sum went straight to MasterXChange. Bah.

I'm a little annoyed that this happened to be sure, but it doesn't affect our long-term prospects. Just an opportunity to get some cheap MSC, IMHO.
It kind-of reminds me of the time when MSC was at .25 and you decided to sell and made a major announcement to that effect.  The market crashed almost exactly the same way.  After these crashes, interest and devs leave the project (Tachikoma).  There should have been some kind of 'lock out' agreement which prevented mass selling by insiders looking to crash the project momentum.  What a shame really.

JR did have a self imposed lock out agreement that he would not sell below .75 but somehow the board members convinced him to "diversify" his holdings.

JR, you've been giving Jed advise this week?
Pages:
Jump to: