Pages:
Author

Topic: The Origin of the Human DNA - page 6. (Read 5623 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
October 28, 2013, 07:08:10 PM
It's really interesting how evolution isn't accepted, but breeding is. That is the micro and macro evolution...

And the outside force always have the problem of where did it come and how it came to existence. And I can't really accept either always existed or randomly popped out nowhere...
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 28, 2013, 06:57:35 PM
@interlagos

Here: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

And our external influence is the Sun.

I can give you an answer on what I believe but it doesn't match the polling options you put out, we already know that humanity evolved from apes because of scientific evidence but there's a theory out there I find very interesting where scientists think that we are actually evolved from a foreign organism in an asteroid crashing into Earth, this would also go to some way explaining why after all this time we haven't had other species on this planet evolving into sentient life and developing the same brains and thought process we have.

It's the Panspermia Hypothesis.

And there were other "sentient" life similar to humans, probably a lot, like the Neanderthal, but we were the ones who survive.

Does God could have created human through evolution?

If you believe evolution is a logical, natural process of certain genetic mutations flourishing due to their suitability in a given environment, why would you need a god to guide it?

i.e. Satoshi wrote a bunch a mathematical rules and laws that happen to "evolve" just as it is supposed to be (for now on).
So why not a God could not have created a bunch of mathematical rules and laws that make things evolve over time just as it is supposed to be.

You're entering in the deistic perspective here, the problem is this hypothesis makes more questions than gives answers, where did this God came from? Is it conscious? Did it evolve? Is it alone? Are there more like it? Questions that we can't even think how to begin testing...

That's my problem with evolution.  Chaos doesn't lead to order in the absence of intelligence.  Ape to man can be probably be explained, but the question is how non-life would give rise to life.

God of the Gaps Fallacy.
msc
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
October 28, 2013, 06:31:17 PM
please describe how "random mutations" increase genetic information as opposed to actually destroying it.
That's my problem with evolution.  Chaos doesn't lead to order in the absence of intelligence.  Ape to man can be probably be explained, but the question is how non-life would give rise to life.

I believe that God exists in a form that we don't expect.  Rather than a "being", maybe an intelligence inherent in the construction of the Universe that's beyond our level of comprehension.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
October 28, 2013, 06:22:28 PM

If you believe evolution is a logical, natural process of certain genetic mutations flourishing due to their suitability in a given environment, why would you need a god to guide it?

i.e. Satoshi wrote a bunch a mathematical rules and laws that happen to "evolve" just as it is supposed to be (for now on).
So why not a God could not have created a bunch of mathematical rules and laws that make things evolved over time just as it is supposed to be.

The analogy isn't the best, but I understand what you mean.

The problem is, you are asking a hypothetical question that cannot possibly be answered with any amount of certainty. What's the point of asking? Couldn't the physical laws of the universe be the result of a omnipotent flying spaghetti monster having one too many beers and sparking the Big Bang on a lark? There's just as much evidence supporting either scenario.

Well, that's the whole point about beliefs. One way or another you cannot prove it and that’s why they are called “beliefs”. The only thing we can do is extrapolate. Because of this I think it is a good thing to always doubt on a certain level because chances are good that you and I are wrong.
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
October 28, 2013, 06:08:06 PM

So why not a God could not have created a bunch of mathematical rules and laws that make things evolved over time just as it is supposed to be.

The analogy isn't the best, but I understand what you mean.

The problem is, you are asking a hypothetical question that cannot possibly be answered with any amount of certainty. What's the point of asking? Couldn't the physical laws of the universe be the result of a omnipotent flying spaghetti monster having one too many beers and sparking the Big Bang on a lark? There's just as much evidence supporting either scenario.
legendary
--------------->¿?
October 28, 2013, 05:52:39 PM

So why not a God could not have created a bunch of mathematical rules and laws that make things evolve over time just as it is supposed to be.
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
October 28, 2013, 05:47:34 PM

legendary
--------------->¿?
October 28, 2013, 04:50:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
October 28, 2013, 12:07:43 PM
Choice 1: Fallacious; humans and apes, according to evolutionary theory, evolve from a common ancestor.
Choice 2: Mystery answers a mystery; how did the advanced civilization originate?
Choice 3: Mystery answers a mystery; how did God originate?
Choice 4: I don't even.

The moral of the story is: I don't know.  The only natural choice, then, is choice 1 (if you would fix the fallacy), because it's as close to "I don't know" as it has gotten to something that could be true.

The better question is: which theory is most useful?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 28, 2013, 12:06:24 PM
Not from apes, but common ancestor... I can't really pick that one...

Me neither.

So I don't pick any.

If you choose the first answer "Natural evolution", please describe how "random mutations" increase genetic information as opposed to actually destroying it. What is the force behind evolution that attempts to decrease entropy as opposed to the laws of thermodynamics, which state that isolated systems eventually evolve towards the state of maximum entropy (complete lack of order). Is there an external influence on our system then? What might that be?

Earth is not an Isolated system as it constantly receives Energy from the sun. And in this case the complete evolutionary process. So there is nothing to explain as you start with flawed assumptions.

Also this thread belongs into Off-Topic as it has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1540
October 28, 2013, 12:02:19 PM
I can give you an answer on what I believe but it doesn't match the polling options you put out, we already know that humanity evolved from apes because of scientific evidence but there's a theory out there I find very interesting where scientists think that we are actually evolved from a foreign organism in an asteroid crashing into Earth, this would also go to some way explaining why after all this time we haven't had other species on this planet evolving into sentient life and developing the same brains and thought process we have.

So far I think this is one of the most intelligent theories I've heard yet, much better than all this created out of nothing bullshit we keep hearing about from religious people etc. it might also go to explaining why we haven't seen any other sentients in our galaxy unless of course we've already made contact and our governments are doing their thing of keeping it from us.
Activity: 728
October 28, 2013, 12:01:05 PM
Not from apes, but common ancestor... I can't really pick that one...
Activity: 496
October 28, 2013, 11:52:32 AM
"The Origin of the Human DNA"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2YnC0JmVfA

If you choose the first answer "Natural evolution", please describe how "random mutations" increase genetic information as opposed to actually destroying it. What is the force behind evolution that attempts to decrease entropy as opposed to the laws of thermodynamics, which state that isolated systems eventually evolve towards the state of maximum entropy (complete lack of order). Is there an external influence on our system then? What might that be?
Pages:
Jump to: