Pages:
Author

Topic: The pointlessness of terrorism - page 2. (Read 2322 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
August 08, 2016, 04:32:35 AM
I also do not know why they do it.  They even multiply even if they show terrors.  Maybe they are all tired with their lives.  Maybe they do not found their happiness.  Maybe their lives are too boring that some terrorist will commit to suicide bombing and end their lives with innocent ones.  They must be using lots of methamphetamine and just do not know the reality anymore. They are all sick people. 
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
August 08, 2016, 04:13:49 AM
Something got me wonder: Why are there terrorists?!
If we go through history, we see they never achieved anything at all.

I guess you've been reading history books a bit quickly. Nelson Mandela has spent 27 years of his life in jail because of his conspiracy to overthrow the state. He was a terrorist. The American settlers who revolted against british rule in the 1770's were seen as terrorists before they created a new country called the US. The french resistants between 1940 and 1944 were labeled as terrorists by the German rulers. The people who created Taiwan were terrorists in China. Nasser was seen as a terrorist by the french and the british...

And those are just a few examples which came to my mind, there are countless others.

Yes, that's what the history books say. But who, really, are the terrorists? For example. When government forces you to pay taxes so that you can't even support your family, then isn't government the terrorist?

Cool
You say that the government, the terrorists? The police, the terrorists? Army terrorists? Drunk neighbor terrorist ?! You are wrong. Terrorists are people who impose their conditions, by any available means. Using their own purposes, even murder. The objectives of the terrorists are always illegal and immoral.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 08, 2016, 01:02:29 AM

I guess you've been reading history books a bit quickly. Nelson Mandela has spent 27 years of his life in jail because of his conspiracy to overthrow the state. He was a terrorist. The American settlers who revolted against british rule in the 1770's were seen as terrorists before they created a new country called the US. The french resistants between 1940 and 1944 were labeled as terrorists by the German rulers. The people who created Taiwan were terrorists in China. Nasser was seen as a terrorist by the french and the british...

And those are just a few examples which came to my mind, there are countless others.

Yes, that's what the history books say. But who, really, are the terrorists? For example. When government forces you to pay taxes so that you can't even support your family, then isn't government the terrorist?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
August 07, 2016, 06:28:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
August 07, 2016, 02:27:01 PM
They don't consider themselves terrorists, they consider themselves freedom fighters and that's for them it is not a crime, but proof of their dedication to the religion.

NO, fighters for totalitarian and or fascist idiologies such as ISIS cannot "consider themselves freedom fighters."

In many cases they actively assert their stand against freedom.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 07, 2016, 10:55:28 AM
They don't consider themselves terrorists, they consider themselves freedom fighters and that's for them it is not a crime, but proof of their dedication to the religion.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
August 07, 2016, 10:52:23 AM
They are terrorists because they are wurthless scums who have nothing good to do in their lives. They can get manipulated easily by another countries and they can do exactly what they are asked.

War is the most profitable business in the world since the beginning. You sell guns, you profit. You sell medicine, you profit. You rebuild the cities, you profit. They waste resources in a war, so your resources become more valuable.

Terrorists start wars almost for free. In fact some of them are so stupid, they actually do it with their own will and completely for free.

Watch "Lord of War" then you ll understand.
The soldiers in any war, umeraet poor. And the generals are getting richer at a time when soldiers die. Similarly, conventional terrorists. Basically it is silly and not educated people. And those who manage an army of terrorists getting their profit. Therefore, your opinion is not correct. Terror, generates income and is very large.
Instability and war in the Middle East no doubt raises the price of oil.  Therefore consumers of oil, such as the USA, should be opposed to instabilities.  Local producers in the Middle East should be in favor of it.

Although they might not admit it.

Except when they can use the situation to move their troops in to protect democracy and rebuild the infrastructure of the region which they destroyed (payed by the destroyed nation via US loans) and finally afterwards let patriotic corporations like ExxonMobil extract the oil.

Does it ring a bell?
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
August 07, 2016, 10:47:40 AM
They are terrorists because they are wurthless scums who have nothing good to do in their lives. They can get manipulated easily by another countries and they can do exactly what they are asked.

War is the most profitable business in the world since the beginning. You sell guns, you profit. You sell medicine, you profit. You rebuild the cities, you profit. They waste resources in a war, so your resources become more valuable.

Terrorists start wars almost for free. In fact some of them are so stupid, they actually do it with their own will and completely for free.

The soldiers in any war, umeraet poor. And the generals are getting richer at a time when soldiers die. Similarly, conventional terrorists. Basically it is silly and not educated people. And those who manage an army of terrorists getting their profit. Therefore, your opinion is not correct. Terror, generates income and is very large.
Instability and war in the Middle East no doubt raises the price of oil.  Therefore consumers of oil, such as the USA, should be opposed to instabilities.  Local producers in the Middle East should be in favor of it.

I know you didnt mean that  but I never said Saudis don't like it. Saudi's are the number 1 supporters of Obama. That's why they asked him what is going to happen when he is gone. And suddenly out of nowhere there are some documents popped out which shows Saudis were the responsible for 9/11. Oil prices are dumped like crazy, electric cars are suddenly became popular... Saudi's are done.
legendary
August 07, 2016, 10:36:02 AM

Instability and war in the Middle East no doubt raises the price of oil.  Therefore consumers of oil, such as the USA, should be opposed to instabilities.  Local producers in the Middle East should be in favor of it.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
August 07, 2016, 09:46:58 AM
...Or a gathering of retards?

yeah, pretty much.
Activity: 287
August 07, 2016, 09:35:11 AM
I have thought long and hard about this, believe me and the best conclusion I can come up with is that so long as there are religious texts and teachings within religion that declare violence in general and violence or persecution towards certain types or groups of people is acceptable fanatics and terrorists will always be able to justify their existence and we will never get rid of them.

It's because the so called moderates have the same beliefs at fanatics that these types of groups can run rampant especially in their neighbourhoods, they support them either actively or passively by having these violent beliefs and that's why it will always be a problem.

And you had to think long and hard to come up with such conclusion ? ^^

Well I beg to differ. I don't believe 1 sec those fanatics are really doing this alone! They do it in a so shitty and useless way....
They're here only to distract the people from the real problems that's all.
My opinion is similar to yours. All of these efforts, the fanatically-minded individuals, all leash is another attempt to distract people from the other pressing issues. Similar actions have often been observed in stories.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
August 07, 2016, 09:17:10 AM
I have thought long and hard about this, believe me and the best conclusion I can come up with is that so long as there are religious texts and teachings within religion that declare violence in general and violence or persecution towards certain types or groups of people is acceptable fanatics and terrorists will always be able to justify their existence and we will never get rid of them.

It's because the so called moderates have the same beliefs at fanatics that these types of groups can run rampant especially in their neighbourhoods, they support them either actively or passively by having these violent beliefs and that's why it will always be a problem.

And you had to think long and hard to come up with such conclusion ? ^^

Well I beg to differ. I don't believe 1 sec those fanatics are really doing this alone! They do it in a so shitty and useless way....
They're here only to distract the people from the real problems that's all.
Activity: 287
August 07, 2016, 08:30:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
August 07, 2016, 06:54:57 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 07, 2016, 06:46:04 AM
According to Amy Zalman, Ph.D.  Global Terrorism Expert

There Are Two Causes of Terrorism

All terrorist acts are motivated by two things:

Social and political injustice: People choose terrorism when they are trying to right what they perceive to be a social or political or historical wrong—when they have been stripped of their land or rights, or denied these.

The belief that violence or its threat will be effective, and usher in change. Another way of saying this is: the belief that violent means justify the ends. Many terrorists in history said sincerely that they chose violence after long deliberation, because they felt they had no choice.

Source: http://terrorism.about.com/od/causes/a/causes_terror.htm
legendary
August 06, 2016, 05:54:31 PM
Yup what you say is very true... By definition terrorism is a strategy. And the strategy of the weak party by excellence... And as you said the only outcome possible for a successful campaign is to provoke a very harsh response from the asymmetrically superior force. For example the Russian army wiped Chechnya entire cities.

In the case of Ben laden he wanted to provoke the west to a very massive answer: how high to jump? And then be able to rally vast swath of the mostly apathic worldwide Muslims population to join the fight (and of course causes financial damages, i.e. Investment in the armed forces and not in productive stuff and create climate of fear to weaken demand).

If you look at the provoked hate of America as evident on even this forum, binLaden and other terrorists certainly do provoke hatred of "the West" by the Muslim communities.

Somehow these communities do not comprehend their manipulation by their own extremist factionss.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
August 06, 2016, 05:41:48 PM
Who are we fighting with, though? ISIS? Who created ISIS? And with what reason(s)..?

We're just a stage. Marionettes played on a stage by the under-100 families in this world. A few thousands are taking control over almost ten billion people. If they wanted to fight ISIS and terrorists, they would disappear from the face of this planet in max 24 hours. They don't want to do it, though. Fear is implemented from these 'attacks', so that their plan can have success. We'll reach the point where we aren't going to trust anyone around us. The plans have been made hundreds of years ago, and there is not just a plan. There is Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, Plan D, etc. We're just marionettes.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2016, 05:35:13 PM
Guerrilla is a strategy of the weak, terrorism is plain stupid. All it does it empower the opposite faction.
One of the shittiest terrorist attack in history, the attack on North Ossetia's school, was the reason why Russian army could wipe cities of Chechnya without much hassle from the rest of the world... honestly after your faction attacks school kids nobody gives a fuck for what will happen to you and yours.
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
August 06, 2016, 04:47:31 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 06, 2016, 03:36:36 PM
Pages:
Jump to: