Pages:
Author

Topic: THE PRICE OF BITCOINS IS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL - page 4. (Read 23546 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I wish there was an enforceable way to rent out my bitcoins to short-sellers.  it would be nice to get the short term cash flow in addition to the long term appreciation.

I offer loans. I am adding a trust metric soon. For small amounts, I'm ready to play.

I can show you how.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
We'll have good volume on bitoptions in the next week or two; why not throw out some high bids?

I just 'lent' BTC out at a rate of 72% annually if prices stay below $45 for the next 45 days. If they don't, I'll get $45 per BTC.

I did have to wait 24 hours, but I bet the buyer would have bought more, as they bought all five from me.

To do this trade, just bid on calls at a comfortable strike price, and a dollar price that gets you what you want to see. Not hard.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
Billyjoeallen you can do this with options, easily.

What scenarios are wanting to make cash on?

The scenario is simple: I want to lend out my BTC with interest for whatever reason just as long as I get repaid.
MTGOX doesn't have options capability yet. No other exchange has enough volume.
Billyjoeallen you can do this with options, easily.

What scenarios are wanting to make cash on?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
All caps much? It's called a correction: if you ever look at the market history it always shoots up, corrects slightly and then continues with organic growth. Nothing alarming in the slightest, just a product of a comparitively small market.

Keeps things exciting, eh?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
firstbits: 121vnq
I don't particularly care whether it goes up or down, I just hope it gets less volatile. Expect that will still take a long while though.

Volatility makes it really difficult to transition from speculation based economy to exchange based economy
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
It'll go up again.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
I wish there was an enforceable way to rent out my bitcoins to short-sellers.  it would be nice to get the short term cash flow in addition to the long term appreciation.
YOu can always buy options to hedge out your risk. We just launched trading at bitoption.org for btc options..
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Don't be trampled by the herd, this is the time to buy!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
I hope it goes down more.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
Nothing like tabloid worthy headlines Smiley

Definitely undergoing a price adjustment, I expect in part because the media drove a number of people to "check it out" however the uses for it are limited right now and as people settle in reality hits a little more.
Pages:
Jump to: